Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noah Herron

Legend

User Info Menu

Noah Herron

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d808a51a2&template=with-video&confirm=true"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true[/url]

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers running back Noah Herron thwarted a would-be burglar by hitting him with a bed post during a break-in at his home.

Brown County Sheriff Dennis Kocken said Tuesday that the break-in happened late last Friday and the injured the intruder remained hospitalized but is expected to recover

» Packers.com: Latest team news "Noah Herron used necessary, reasonable and justifiable force in protecting his life and property," Kocken said in a statement. "Herron, the victim in this random home invasion, is cooperating with law enforcement."

Herron, 26, missed all of last season with a knee injury.

Chief Deputy John Gossage said Herron called police at 11:19 p.m. Friday after he heard glass breaking in the lower level of his suburban Green Bay home. He said an unknown number of people had entered the house.

One of the intruders entered Herron's bedroom, and Herron hit the person with a post he had unscrewed from his bed, Gossage said. Herron was not injured.

The injured burglar was taken to a hospital, and a second suspect was arrested outside the home, Gossage said.

Stolen property and a vehicle believed taken earlier Friday from another home were found near Herron's home, Gossage said. The two people in custody are suspects in numerous burglaries and home invasions throughout Brown County, he said.

Pittsburgh took Herron in the seventh round of the 2005 draft out of Northwestern. The Packers signed him off the Steelers' practice squad in 2005.

Packers general manager Ted Thompson released a statement Tuesday, saying the team knew about the break-in and had no comment.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Noah Herron

"Noah Herron thwarted a would-be burglar by hitting him with a bed post."

That's the coolest thing since Mr. Green in the Study with the Candlestick.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good for him! Thank God this didn't turn into another Sean Taylor-like incident.

Legend

User Info Menu

I am hereby on record stating that I had absolutely nothing to do with this!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

So if we came out to GB today, you wouldn't have a bed post shaped indentation in your skull???

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    "Noah Herron thwarted a would-be burglar by hitting him with a bed post."

That's the coolest thing since Mr. Green in the Study with the Candlestick.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope he beat the living sh*t out of the burglar with the bedpoast and didn't just hit him once. Beating him into a bloody pulp would be appropriate. I'd be disappointed with Herron if he didn't.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

I hope that other players take note of this before we do have a repeat of the Taylor tragedy. There are some pretty effective security systems available, but the best IMO is a well trained guard type dog. Give me a Dobie or a Rott. Either one can level the playing field in a hurry.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

if it was brett favre's house i would be suspicious

good for noah though, thank god he wasnt hurt. its amazing the ammount of athletes that get robbed these days

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    if it was brett favre's house i would be suspicious

good for noah though, thank god he wasnt hurt. its amazing the ammount of athletes that get robbed these days
    Brett favre lives in house? He comes across as a guy that lives in a wood shed or something...?
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285