Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Your Favorite "FOODS"

Re: Your Favorite "FOODS"

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Y'all are some sick MFr's.

I'm glad we're not spreading these pollutants on the Steeler part of the board.... and it is the offseason.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I know when I requested Hot Dogs, you thought that it was the Asian Version.
    Hot dogs are "old school" my friend.... Go bratwurst!......

In your "old age", you should have acquired this wisdom... Nice shirt, BTW.... j/k

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler

In your "old age", you should have acquired this wisdom... Nice shirt, BTW.... j/k

Do you just carry the TT around town in hopes you'd find one of the three Asian people in Kentucky so you can get a picture?

Ah, food, one of my favorite subjects.

Made a Milanese Risotto for the first time last night that was really good. Trying to sound like I truly know how to cook aside (reading directions and getting the right measurements isn't so hard after all :P), on to some things I like:

Pizza
    Bratwurst
    Pierogi
    Tostadas (homemade)
    Chili
    Any type of breakfast food (banana pancakes, nutella covered french toast, eggs any style and ham or bacon), breakfast burritos (homemade) and one last one, something I devised after a little trial and error that tastes out of this world:

On an egg bagel (slightly toasted),
    Cream cheese
    Red onion (or scallions)
    1 Egg (preferably over-medium)
    2 Tomato slices
    1 Sausage patty
    1 Potato pancake
    2 Bacon slices (optional)

May sound like a lot to put on and messy, but if you slice some of this stuff in halves (sausage and potato pancake mainly) and try to cover it on the bagel evenly, and let the cream cheese on both sides of the bagel keep it all together, it IS TASTY! I originally thought a slice of cheese would be really good too on it, but the cream cheese is more than enough.

Angel hair pasta and marinara
    Spanish rice and black beans
    Steaks, chicken, briskets, roasts
    Grilled shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp salad (Bubba was the man)
    Inside-Out cheeseburgers

For any avid grillers/burger lovers, if you haven't already, try making an inside-out cheeseburger. Simply halve the burger patty you'd normally use, top the one with the cheese (also any mushrooms, onions etc.), then top and crease with the other halve and just grill it up, man it's easy, not messy and good. I tried one with bleu cheese crumbles and bacon bits inside on the last one, wow!

Holy crap Steelworth!!! Its 946 am and I am now officially starving already (having eaten breakfast an hour ago). Seriously, nice descriptions, I think I might try the inside out cheesburgers. One idea to spice it up: douse the inside with some cajun spice...that would keep the flavor inside rather than putting the spice on the outside and losing half of it in the grilling process. Sounds like a winner.

Wow, my stomach is growling now.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    If ANYONE is near Washington, PA, go hit Osso's off of Jefferson Avenue. Square delicious pizza, its a WashPa staple.
    ...Been there... My dad used to own a pharmacy off of Jefferson Ave....
    Nice! What pharmacy? I'm WashPa born and bred (altho i left when i was 16 so i probably won't remember the pharmacy anyway...)

I would kill for a box of Osso's right now.
    Osso's is GREAT STUFF.
    I'm from Wash Pa. as well and grew up on it.
    We used to get a lot of pizza from Hill House up on Park Ave. too.
    Only one piece of pepperoni per slice, but it was damn good when I was younger and at home watching Chiller Theater late Sat. nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Holy crap Steelworth!!! Its 946 am and I am now officially starving already (having eaten breakfast an hour ago). Seriously, nice descriptions, I think I might try the inside out cheesburgers. One idea to spice it up: douse the inside with some cajun spice...that would keep the flavor inside rather than putting the spice on the outside and losing half of it in the grilling process. Sounds like a winner.

Wow, my stomach is growling now.
    There you go. That's the great thing about those cheeseburgers, you can try and conjure up different things for them and they all pretty much taste good. Yeah try it one of these days.

I haven't tried cajun spice on one yet, I might have to though. I've mainly stuck to marinating the ground beef in worcestershire and a french onion soup seasoning. Thing about marinating ground beef for me, it can be a pain because sometimes liquid marinade will make it fall apart, or if you use something with too much salt (especially if you let it sit) it will extract the juice from the meat and make it too dry when you cook it.

Man, my stomach is growling now too thinking about burgers.

Anybody here Erie natives or have tried Pepperoni balls?

Hall of Famer

worth, I've also been doing those burgers for years!.... Love 'em with fresh mushrooms, swiss, and bacon! ...I tried 'em once with american cheese, but for some reason it melted funny and wasn't too good (could have just been the brand of cheese)... I'll also mix in a little lemmon pepper seasoning, soy sauce, and worcestershire into the meat before forming the patties... :P

Hall of Famer

Do you just carry the TT around town in hopes you'd find one of the three Asian people in Kentucky so you can get a picture?
    Don't all Steeler fans carry the Terrible Towel with them at all times? At least give me some creative credit with a pre-meditated plan!...
    ...Besides, I need pics of "Hines Wards' brother" to show people.....
    (inside joke to some, my apologies...)

Besides, you'll never know when the Terrible Towel or a camera will come in handy! You know me brother!!! .........