Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite "FOODS"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Your Favorite "FOODS"

AS... I could use this as a segway into the "red-light district" of the forum, and say that there is only ONE THING a man needs to eat!.... ...But I won't... I don't want to be the first one banned for lewd behavior.... .. But basically, I'll eat anything that doesn't have a pulse while trying to cook it, or "moos" at me while prepping....

Seriously though, I've been into seafood alot recently. It seems to fit into the pseudo-diet I've been on the last few months... But the way I cook it probably goes against the rules... I've been getting alot of fresh seafood from Seattle and Anchorage lately... Halibut, dungeness crab, and huge prawns (we're talking about 5 to a pound!...). I have pretty much mastered my crab-stuffed shrimp and lemmon-peppered honey rotisserie halibut on the grill... Anything "seafood" is fair-play...

You all know that I absolutely love bbq as well. Brisket, ribs, chicken, it doesn't matter... I was handed a comment a few months back about my lackluster effort with the sauce, and you know me AS, as an anal-retentive idiot, I have taken it to heart... I have done a better job with it, and will never sacrifice "quality" for quickness in the future...

Veggies: Shrooms, zuchini, squash, cauliflower, brocoli .... BTW, try soaking corn on the cob (in husk) in sugar/water solution for about an hour (after cleaning off the "strings" and re-wrapping husk), peel the husk back, liberally coat with butter, and cover with Lowrys' seasoned salt and pepper... Gently place the husks back around it and grill. The "seasoned salt" gives it an almost "popcorn-like" flavor, and the husk is a convenient "hand-hold"....

BTW, I have tried to get LonBull over here with a few PMs, but no luck yet... So it is someone elses' turn to bug him.... It would be great to have the "Food for Thought" thread here this season!...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i will pretty much eat anything but my favorites have to be seafood, italian, bbq and of course steak. although i dont eat all that much fish i love shellfish more than anything. i could eat clams, scallops crab and lobster every single day. its funny the kind of food you cant get depending on where you live in the country. when i lived in florida it was pretty impossible getting decent clams or lobster. the same with texas although they have the best bbq its very hard to find a decent italian restaurant. since i've moved to vermont one thing i have been dying for is a gyro which is impossible to find around here

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=Les 74][quote=asiansteel]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":29nwgiqj
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":29nwgiqj
    Fried chicken and french fries.I could eat that morning,noon,and night for the rest of my life.......................which,if I ate that way would probably only be a month.

Bacon cheesesteak burgers from the local supermarket
    Chicken marsala from Olive Garden
    Cheesecake
    Tequila Lime wings from Tyson
    Shrimp.............we rarely have this as my wife is deathly allergic to shellfish
    Chicken Parmigiana
    and just about anything from Outback Steakhouse

Dude.... a porterhouse and a bloomin' onion... I'm friggen starvin.
    My absolute favorite restaurant.LOVE that place.Funny,but most of the time I don't even get steak.I usually get the Alice Springs chicken.Damn good stuff right there.

My wife is trying to get me into a vegetarian's lifestyle, being a former vegan herself. But I can't do it. I'm a carnivore. I love med rare steaks.... thank god I take supplements to help me evacuate my digestive system, otherwise, I'd be a high candidate for colon issues later on in life.[/quote:29nwgiqj]

Medium rare???Damn dude.What are you a vampire or something??? Only well done for me.[/quote:29nwgiqj]

i take it your not a fan of steak tar tar then haha

Starter

User Info Menu

No way,frank!!!I saw that in a movie once and wondered how anyone can eat that crap.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    No way,frank!!!I saw that in a movie once and wondered how anyone can eat that crap.
    haha yea i saw that in that movie wall street. raw egg on top of a raw steak yum now thats some good eatin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Curry chicken (of course!)
    Kung Pao chicken
    Spinach curry chicken
    BBQ Steaks
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow I can't believe no one threw out Gyros! Dam, just had two of them and I'm stuffed.

I like all food, hard to say a favorite. But can't go wrong with some hot chicken wings. Simple yet delicious.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Wow I can't believe no one threw out Gyros! Dam, just had two of them and I'm stuffed.

I like all food, hard to say a favorite. But can't go wrong with some hot chicken wings. Simple yet delicious.

Dude, how could I forget wings.
    The hotter the better. Good call Shiek. I'm not big on Gyros.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

Dude, how could I forget wings.
    The hotter the better. Good call Shiek. I'm not big on Gyros.
    Yeah I do Tuesday wing night at BW3 carry out every week. Love the Mango Habanero, magnificent sauce. But it seems that hole in the wall local pubs have the best wings, at least around Columbus.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

-Mexican White Cheese Dip
    -Filet de Oscar (filet mignon with lump crab and bernaise)
    -Tiramasu
    -Pinto Beans/Cornbread/sliced onion and greens (must be a meal)
    -McDonalds Double Cheeseburger (ate 2 today...mmmm)
    -Donato's Pepperoni/Sausage/Green Olive
    -Caesar Salad and Anchovies
    -Crab Bisque
    -Creme Brulee
    -Taco Bell Nacho Supreme
    -Meatball Subs with extra cheese, jalepeno, and yes mayo
    -Champs Walnut Chicken
    -Chicken Korma

Ok...I could go on all day. I love food.
    Trolls are people too.