Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnson to return to Bungals

Legend

User Info Menu

Johnson to return to Bungals

I can't wait to see how this circus plays out this year.

Report: Johnson says he'll return to Bengalsby FOXSports.com

Updated: June 3, 2008, 2:18 PM EST Chad Johnson has grabbed attention for his on-field play, touchdown celebration dances and incessant trade demands. Now the Bengals' superstar has unleashed another headline:

He's coming back to Cincinnati.

"Am I coming back? Of course I am," Johnson said in an interview with ESPN. "I told my coaches I'm going to California to act, but the truth is I may come back to the Bengals as early as June. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid."

Johnson has been lobbying for a trade out of Cincinnati since the Bengals finished off a frustrating 7-9 season in December. Then, in April, head coach Marvin Lewis essentially called Johnson's bluff, saying the Pro Bowl wide receiver, who finished the 2007 season with 93 catches and a team-record 1,440 yards, should go ahead and sit out the 2008 season because the team would not trade him.

Johnson is under contract with Cincinnati through the 2011 season.

In Johnson's latest interview, however, he seemed to indicate that he would be happy staying with the Bengals if the team was committed to adding the players needed to become a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

"If we want to be like Indy and New England, we have to pay and bring in some difference-makers on defense," Johnson said in the interview. "Our offense is fine. But if they're fussing about paying a guy like me, a guy among the best in the league, you know damn well the Bengals aren't gonna supply the defense with what it needs. So I just said, 'If we aren't gonna do what we need to make us win — can I please leave?' It's simple. I just told 'em: 'If y'all won't change, then I have to.'"

While the return of Johnson may be a welcome sign for many Bengals fans, don't expect the man known as "Ocho Cinco" to be any more soft-spoken.

"It's the reinvention of Ocho Cinco," Johnson said. "I'm dead serious. People need to take me as I am because I just don't give a (expletive) anymore. That's how I'd sum up my attitude for the next season."
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Johnson to return to Bungals

What a self absorbed moron.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    What a self absorbed moron.
    I love players like this...on our Division rivals. Are the Bungals really rivals since they just suk?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Seriously, is he a Diva of the EnVogue variety? Mariah Carey? SWV?
    Whitney Houston maybe? The dude is cracked.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What a wuss, so much for all that big boy talk. He will take that team down. Carson is already pissed at him and that's the had that feeds him. This will be interesting watching them crumble.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

steeltownfan

How long until CJ starts to b4tch about his contract?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    What a wuss, so much for all that big boy talk. He will take that team down. Carson is already pissed at him and that's the had that feeds him. This will be interesting watching them crumble.
    Not only this, but he just alienated and called out the entire defense and basically labeled them one-armed retards that can't play football. He sucks.

And not to mention, he is taking the Lesion of Doom approach and saying if you like what I have to say, go eff yourself. I smell another locker room fight in a big game. Oh wait, they won't have any big games. Losers.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

motter1975

I caught a little snippet from him on Sirius at lunch today. He was saying something about how he's not turning his back on the fans, but how he feels for them, having had a bad team for so long, and how they're not trying to get better, and how it's not fair to the fans, blah, blah, blah.

He says he understands how the fans are frustrated with them becoming the Bungles again.

Yeah, okay, whatever. He shouldn't try to play like he gives a d*mn about the fans, 'cause everyone knows it's all about Chad!

Backup

User Info Menu

Nutz!!!
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm glad he is comming back. The embarrasment he brings to himself and the Bengals organization is very entertaining