Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Live Music Performances

Favorite Live Music Performances

So there's a ton of good music being listed in here as favorites, which of these artists/bands have you seen live that just blew you away? Or anyone else (small shows, big line-ups etc.) or even maybe just someone you'd really like to see but haven't gotten to? BTW, can you post youtubes here?

Just off the top of my head, Pearl Jam at San Diego Sports Arena in June 2003 was incredible! They are so good live anyways, and Eddie Vedder has a fondness for San Diego and that particular venue (I think) so it was a special night.

Getting ready to see Radiohead in August at the Hollywood Bowl and am really looking forward to that one.

Hall of Famer

Re: Favorite Live Music Performances

Jimmy Buffett at Star Lake Ampitheater (old name) in Pgh back around '92 or '93... Thunderstorms moved thru the area shortly before the start of the show, and lightning hit the power transformers... Everything was dark. Bathrooms. Vendors. He pulled portable generators out to power the mics' and did an acoustical show...

Pink Floyd in Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, AZ back around '87 or '88... Man, I just don't know where to start on this one!.... The giant flying pig!..... The colors!.... The laser effects!

You saw Pink Floyd!? I'm jealous. Man, that was one show I wish I was born a little eariler to have been able to see (I'm 31). And Jimmy Buffett, I wasn't a huge fan but I just saw him last year because a guy who worked next door to us went on and on about his shows and had a couple extra tickets. The entire crowd was drunk out of their minds and a lot of fun.

My boss saw Floyd too, twice, and he gives me a hard time about it.

Hall of Famer

worth, I've seen Buffett at least 20-25 times live (it's the only live show I really go to every year nowadays...). Each one is different, and has it's own hi-points.... Yes, I am a Parrothead!....

...Saw Floyd while I was living in Prescott back in the late '80s, and it was definitely one helluva show... But then again, I was in my "prime" then...

...I sort of "pimped" myself out back then... I dated a gal that worked in the ticket office for the sole reason of getting concert tix... nothing else....
    ...Saw Floyd, Guns & Roses, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, and alot of others that I barely remember.....

I plan to catch my first concert this year sometime...don't know who or where but I will. Yup I'm 35 years old and have never seen a live concert, spent most of my time working 2 jobs or in the fields to educate myself...hard work has paid off.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

Man, you young guys..... .... I'm pushing "the closer side of 50" now.....

....Good decision stanza.... Now pick a good one to pop that cherry!

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I plan to catch my first concert this year sometime...don't know who or where but I will. Yup I'm 35 years old and have never seen a live concert, spent most of my time working 2 jobs or in the fields to educate myself...hard work has paid off.
    You aren't alone on that boat,costanza.I'm 33 and have never been to a single concert and at this point in my life,I probably never will.

Legend

I've been to 100+ shows easy and it's impossible for me to narrow it down. Every show I go to is special or unique in some way. Most of the artists' shows I've been to I've seen more than once...with the exception of a few. Seems I'm never disappointed.

Just to name a few...Pink Floyd at Camp Randall Stadium in a pouring rain. The Who twice...for the 25th anniversary of Tommy AND for the 25th anniversary of Quadrophenia. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jeff Beck trading solos at the Milwaukee Arena. Blues Traveler jamming for over 4 hours at the Rave in Milwaukee. A bill of Dave Matthews and Big Head Todd and the Monsters for $25 in 1994 before DMB blew up. Buddy Guy at Summerfest in Milwaukee...coming out into the crowd and eventually stopping in front of a quadriplegic man in the audience...then using the guy's finger to gently pick his guitar. The Allman Brothers before they kicked out Dickey Betts.

But I guess I'd have to say the one nearest and dearest to my heart was Stevie Ray Vaughan's last show at Alpine Valley Music Theater in East Troy, WI...right near Madison. Such a great show put on by Eric Clapton, Robert Cray and SRV...along with all the guest musicians. Jimmie Vaughan and Buddy Guy jamming along with them. 7 guitar players on stage and each taking a solo during Sweet Home Chicago...the last song Stevie ever played.

Coincidentally, the helicopter that crashed was headed back to Chicago...they were all staying in Chicago and were heading back for a jam at Buddy's bar (Legends) before calling it a night.

RIP Stevie.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I've been to 100+ shows easy and it's impossible for me to narrow it down. Every show I go to is special or unique in some way. Most of the artists' shows I've been to I've seen more than once...with the exception of a few. Seems I'm never disappointed.

Just to name a few...Pink Floyd at Camp Randall Stadium in a pouring rain. The Who twice...for the 25th anniversary of Tommy AND for the 25th anniversary of Quadrophenia. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jeff Beck trading solos at the Milwaukee Arena. Blues Traveler jamming for over 4 hours at the Rave in Milwaukee. A bill of Dave Matthews and Big Head Todd and the Monsters for $25 in 1994 before DMB blew up. Buddy Guy at Summerfest in Milwaukee...coming out into the crowd and eventually stopping in front of a quadriplegic man in the audience...then using the guy's finger to gently pick his guitar. The Allman Brothers before they kicked out Dickey Betts.

But I guess I'd have to say the one nearest and dearest to my heart was Stevie Ray Vaughan's last show at Alpine Valley Music Theater in East Troy, WI...right near Madison. Such a great show put on by Eric Clapton, Robert Cray and SRV...along with all the guest musicians. Jimmie Vaughan and Buddy Guy jamming along with them. 7 guitar players on stage and each taking a solo during Sweet Home Chicago...the last song Stevie ever played.

Coincidentally, the helicopter that crashed was headed back to Chicago...they were all staying in Chicago and were heading back for a jam at Buddy's bar (Legends) before calling it a night.

RIP Stevie.
    I remember that.... Wasn't his brother supposed to be on there as well, but backed out at the last minute?....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

RIP Stevie.
    I remember that.... Wasn't his brother supposed to be on there as well, but backed out at the last minute?....
    I've heard that, but no way to know for sure. It's one of those "unless you were there you don't really know" deals. You know what I mean?