Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex-Steeler among shooting victims...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ex-Steeler among shooting victims...

Ex-Steeler among 5 shot at North Versailles restaurant
    Monday, June 02, 2008
    By Jerome L. Sherman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Police have released the names of five people, including former Steelers safety Russell Stuvaints, who were injured when an argument escalated into a shooting early yesterday at a North Versailles restaurant.

Brittany Snyder, 22, of Clairton, was shot twice in the stomach; Robert Mills, 35, of McKeesport, was hit in the right arm; Matthew Straw, 35, of Wall, was hit in the ankle; Emanuel Johnson, 27, of Braddock, received wounds on the left elbow and thigh; and Mr. Stuvaints was shot in the right hip, according to North Versailles police Chief James Comunale.

None of the injuries was considered life threatening.

The incident occurred around 1:30 a.m. at Nigro's restaurant on Fifth Avenue.

Later that morning, Allegheny County Police arrested Tyrone Watson, 27, of McKeesport, at his home. He was charged with five counts of aggravated assault, five counts of recklessly endangering another person and one count of carrying an unlicensed firearm, according to county police Assistant Superintendent Jim Morton.

Mr. Watson is currently being held at the Allegheny County Jail on a $10,000 straight bond.

Nigro's, a North Versailles landmark in business for nearly four decades, has a disc jockey night on Saturdays. Chief Comunale said the restaurant was a trouble spot about five years ago.

"But they cleaned up their act," he said.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Ex-Steeler among shooting victims...

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Monday, June 02, 2008

Police have released the names of five people, including former Steelers safety Russell Stuvaints, who were injured when an argument escalated into a shooting early yesterday at a North Versailles restaurant.

Brittany Snyder, 22, of Clairton, was shot twice in the stomach; Robert Mills, 35, of McKeesport, was hit in the right arm; Matthew Straw, 35, of Wall, was hit in the ankle; Emanuel Johnson, 27, of Braddock, received wounds on the left elbow and thigh; and Mr. Stuvaints was shot in the right hip, according to North Versailles police Chief James Comunale.

Later that morning, Allegheny County Police arrested Tyrone Watson, 27, of McKeesport, at his home. He was charged with five counts of aggravated assault, five counts of recklessly endangering another person and one count of carrying an unlicensed firearm, according to county police Assistant Superintendent Jim Morton.

Mr. Watson is currently being held at the Allegheny County Jail on a $10,000 straight bond.

Nigro's, a North Versailles landmark in business for nearly four decades, has a disc jockey night on Saturdays. Chief Comunale said the restaurant was a trouble spot about five years ago.

Hate to hear this. I remember driving through the all of the town's mentioned in this article as a kid on my way to my grandmothers. Wall was rough & McKeesport has really gone down hill over the last 20 years from what I understand. I'm glad nobody was fataly hurt.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Monday, June 02, 2008

Hate to hear this. I remember driving through the all of the town's mentioned in this article as a kid on my way to my grandmothers. Wall was rough & McKeesport has really gone down hill over the last 20 years from what I understand. I'm glad nobody was hurt.
    5 people were shot. I hope you meant fatally...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ozey, my grandmother lived in McKeesport (my folks were both born there), and my Aunt lived in NV (my Uncle was a cop there)... So I do know what you're saying about it going down-hill... It's a shame.

...Guess he may be running with a "poor-tempered" crowd, not sure. But nothing good ever happens when you're out that late...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Monday, June 02, 2008

Hate to hear this. I remember driving through the all of the town's mentioned in this article as a kid on my way to my grandmothers. Wall was rough & McKeesport has really gone down hill over the last 20 years from what I understand. I'm glad nobody was hurt.
    5 people were shot. I hope you meant fatally...
    Yes, I meant fatally

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ozey, my grandmother lived in McKeesport (my folks were both born there), and my Aunt lived in NV (my Uncle was a cop there)... So I do know what you're saying about it going down-hill... It's a shame.

...Guess he may be running with a "poor-tempered" crowd, not sure. But nothing good ever happens when you're out that late...
    Small World!! My grandmother lived in White Oak. I have an aunt that still lives in McKeesport. Was there in 2000 and didn't feel very safe. Your right about it being a shame. Have many good memories as a kid in the early 80's in this area.

Chemsteel

I'm surprised noone was mentioned from Turtle Creek, Trafford or Pitcairn.

LasVegasGuy

Monday, June 02, 2008

The gunman unloaded all 7 shots, hit his targets and nobody was killed. Those are some lucky S.O.B.'s.

7 shots, 5 hits where is the attempted murder charge? He might be out in 90 days.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chemsteel
    I'm surprised noone was mentioned from Turtle Creek, Trafford or Pitcairn.
    Trafford is where I was born! Lived there till I was in the 5th grade.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Small world. I was born and raised in North Versailles and my dad's entire family still lives there (including my dad). My cousin is a cop there and he says it's gotten bad. I go back once every year (usually Christmas) and it does seem to be going downhill. Sad because it used to be such a family-oriented little place. We used to go to Nigros all the time after soccer and baseball games and my family know the Nigros well.

Just got off the phone with my dad and he confirmed that it's become pretty bad down there.