Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex-Steeler among shooting victims...

SteelForce

Re: Ex-Steeler among shooting victims...

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Ex-Steeler among 5 shot at North Versailles restaurant
    Monday, June 02, 2008
    By Jerome L. Sherman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Police have released the names of five people, including former Steelers safety Russell Stuvaints, who were injured when an argument escalated into a shooting early yesterday at a North Versailles restaurant.

Brittany Snyder, 22, of Clairton, was shot twice in the stomach; Robert Mills, 35, of McKeesport, was hit in the right arm; Matthew Straw, 35, of Wall, was hit in the ankle; Emanuel Johnson, 27, of Braddock, received wounds on the left elbow and thigh; and Mr. Stuvaints was shot in the right hip, according to North Versailles police Chief James Comunale.

None of the injuries was considered life threatening.

The incident occurred around 1:30 a.m. at Nigro's restaurant on Fifth Avenue.

Later that morning, Allegheny County Police arrested Tyrone Watson, 27, of McKeesport, at his home. He was charged with five counts of aggravated assault, five counts of recklessly endangering another person and one count of carrying an unlicensed firearm, according to county police Assistant Superintendent Jim Morton.
    Mr. Watson is currently being held at the Allegheny County Jail on a $10,000 straight bond.

Nigro's, a North Versailles landmark in business for nearly four decades, has a disc jockey night on Saturdays. Chief Comunale said the restaurant was a trouble spot about five years ago.

"But they cleaned up their act," he said.

The gunman unloaded all 7 shots, hit his targets and nobody was killed. Those are some lucky S.O.B.'s.

7 shots, 5 hits where is the attempted murder charge? He might be out in 90 days.
    My thoughts exactly...........

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth
    Ozey, my grandmother lived in McKeesport (my folks were both born there), and my Aunt lived in NV (my Uncle was a cop there)... So I do know what you're saying about it going down-hill... It's a shame.

...Guess he may be running with a "poor-tempered" crowd, not sure. But nothing good ever happens when you're out that late...
    Small world. I was born and raised in North Versailles and my dad's entire family still lives there (including my dad). My cousin is a cop there and he says it's gotten bad. I go back once every year (usually Christmas) and it does seem to be going downhill. Sad because it used to be such a family-oriented little place. We used to go to Nigros all the time after soccer and baseball games and my family know the Nigros well.

Just got off the phone with my dad and he confirmed that it's become pretty bad down there.
    I don't mean to be insensitive and I'm sure that place is a great establishment as its been around for so long and me being from Ohio and all. But Nigro's just sounds like a Dave Chappelle skit waiting to happen...just sayin'.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Kipper

Used to hang out at Nigro's when I was younger (late 90's). Wasn't bad then. Sounds like a lot of the waste from McKeesport has started to migrate. My younger brothers have told me that entire area (North Versailles, East McKeesport, Wilmerding, Wall) has gotten pretty bad in recent years. Those areas used to be fine 10 years ago

Starter

User Info Menu

Ozey, my grandmother lived in McKeesport (my folks were both born there), and my Aunt lived in NV (my Uncle was a cop there)... So I do know what you're saying about it going down-hill... It's a shame.

...Guess he may be running with a "poor-tempered" crowd, not sure. But nothing good ever happens when you're out that late...
    My Grandma and aunt still live in McKeesport. They both still belong to Youghiogheny Country Club. Everyone has been trying to get them to move down to Sarasota Bradenton Fl. to join the rest of the clan since Grandpa died 10 years ago. I almost stopped by to see her on our trip to the Browns game in Nov., but our flight got in a little late.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel

My Grandma and aunt still live in McKeesport. They both still belong to Youghiogheny Country Club. Everyone has been trying to get them to move down to Sarasota Bradenton Fl. to join the rest of the clan since Grandpa died 10 years ago. I almost stopped by to see her on our trip to the Browns game in Nov., but our flight got in a little late.
    Well, since I'm posting from sunny Bradenton right now, I can tell you that we're not immune from the social havoc being wreaked by the bottom rungs of our species. Illegal immigration has helped fuel a huge surge in the Mexican population here and Latino gangs are out of control in many areas as is poverty. The rest of the scumbags also keep on pumping out litter after litter and they gain significant ground on the rest of us with each passing year. You can still find paradise here, but the encroachment of the morally-challenged is slowly drying it up.

This is my hometown and part of my soul is attached to the beaches and Gulf waters I grew up on, but not a week goes by where I don't think about escaping to some secluded mountain location.

How's Wyoming Fordfixer?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

Well, since I'm posting from sunny Bradenton right now, I can tell you that we're not immune from the social havoc being wreaked by the bottom rungs of our species. Illegal immigration has helped fuel a huge surge in the Mexican population here and Latino gangs are out of control in many areas as is poverty. The rest of the scumbags also keep on pumping out litter after litter and they gain significant ground on the rest of us with each passing year. You can still find paradise here, but the encroachment of the morally-challenged is slowly drying it up.

This is my hometown and part of my soul is attached to the beaches and Gulf waters I grew up on, but not a week goes by where I don't think about escaping to some secluded mountain location.

How's Wyoming Fordfixer?
    I worked in Bradenton for a few months, and lived in Sarasota. So I hear what you're saying. But i was implying that there is safety and security in numbers. But Grandma wouldn't relocate. If she were in Florida she would be living on a private golf course where she wouldn't have to leave the community, and 20+ relatives would be living within 5 minutes of her.

There are many bad areas of San Diego as well, but when I want to get away I head to the Borrego Desert. In fact I have contemplated moving there, but the wife doesn't like the idea of living in what is basically a ghost town, even if it has a couple beautiful golf courses. But the biggest worry out there would be where to find medical attention if you got bit by a snake. I still spend a week or so basically alone out there every year just to get away from everything. If you go out in the summer, you could realistically play golf everyday or hike, and not see another human being unless they were serving you a beer.

You might call me an isolationist at times!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=sd steel]
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":1b3fw9b7

How's Wyoming Fordfixer?
    I worked in Bradenton for a few months, and lived in Sarasota. So I hear what you're saying. But i was implying that there is safety and security in numbers. But Grandma wouldn't relocate. If she were in Florida she would be living on a private golf course where she wouldn't have to leave the community, and 20+ relatives would be living within 5 minutes of her.

There are many bad areas of San Diego as well, but when I want to get away I head to the Borrego Desert. In fact I have contemplated moving there, but the wife doesn't like the idea of living in what is basically a ghost town, even if it has a couple beautiful golf courses. But the biggest worry out there would be where to find medical attention if you got bit by a snake. I still spend a week or so basically alone out there every year just to get away from everything. If you go out in the summer, you could realistically play golf everyday or hike, and not see another human being unless they were serving you a beer.

You might call me an isolationist at times! [/quote:1b3fw9b7]

That's what I'm talkin' about...people only entering my visual field to serve me beer.
    I was stationed at Fort Irwin and lived in a friggin' tent for two years, so I'll pass on the desert. I need the beach or mountains as much as I need the solitude.

I totally get the family aspect SD and I'm sure it would ease your mind to have grandma in close proximity to 20+ relatives. I didn't mean to imply that she'd be shacking up in the barrios; it's just that no matter where you are, they'll find you. Just last week a nice old lady in one of the best sections of town was robbed and killed by two pieces of human filth. It makes me a little sad and a whole lot angry to see this happen to Bradenton (and to a lesser extent with Sarasota) and if things don't change it will be the reason why I leave one day. But I've got a long way to go before retirement, so I might as well suck it up and do what I can to make this a better place while I'm here.

If you ever get down to this neck of the woods during football season, Fanatics is the place to be for Steeler games. We can put our political disagreements aside and throw down that beer you mentioned.

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=Flasteel]
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":27kiyq4n

How's Wyoming Fordfixer?

You might call me an isolationist at times!
    That's what I'm talkin' about...people only entering my visual field to serve me beer.
    I was stationed at Fort Irwin and lived in a friggin' tent for two years, so I'll pass on the desert. I need the beach or mountains as much as I need the solitude.

I totally get the family aspect SD and I'm sure it would ease your mind to have grandma in close proximity to 20+ relatives. I didn't mean to imply that she'd be shacking up in the barrios; it's just that no matter where you are, they'll find you. Just last week a nice old lady in one of the best sections of town was robbed and killed by two pieces of human filth. It makes me a little sad and a whole lot angry to see this happen to Bradenton (and to a lesser extent with Sarasota) and if things don't change it will be the reason why I leave one day. But I've got a long way to go before retirement, so I might as well suck it up and do what I can to make this a better place while I'm here.

If you ever get down to this neck of the woods during football season, Fanatics is the place to be for Steeler games. We can put our political disagreements aside and throw down that beer you mentioned. [/quote:27kiyq4n]

Funny you mention Fanatics, I watched many games there with my cousins and uncles when I was there 13 or so years ago. Great Steeler bar! In fact I used to call the bar to pick up the satellite coordinates so I could watch the preseason games here in San Diego. As far as the political BS, I normally would never bring up my politics, but the anonymous nature of a message board makes it easy to argue subjects that I would normally only do in a friendly or family setting. I would much rather talk Steelers with strangers, especially Steeler fans. I apologize for my politcal digression with you.

Ill take you up on that beer at Fanatics if I ever make it back. (I didn't care much for the humidity though!)