Thread: ASK THE STEELERS – LAWRENCE TIMMONS

ASK THE STEELERS – LAWRENCE TIMMONS

From Brad Mulvihill in Savannah, Georgia: Which fellow team member from last year had the most influence on you and why?

Lawrence Timmons: The whole linebacker group helped me. They always look out for each other. That’s what I like about being in that group. Coach (Keith) Butler was real patient with me, him and (Dick) LeBeau and I am thankful to them for that.

From Robert Whiteman in Bellwood, Pennsylvania; What player past or present would you compare your playing style to?

Lawrence Timmons: That’s a hard question. I don’t know that one. I don’t like to compare myself to others.

From Ed Walton in San Jose, California: Do you feel prepared to be a starter and what is your plan to crack the starting line up?

Lawrence Timmons: I am just trying to take it day by day and do what I have to do to help this team out. That is my main concern.

From Ron Bridges: How intimidating can it be at times to know that you’re following a long tradition of outstanding linebackers that have played for the Steelers?

Lawrence Timmons: It’s a great tradition you hear about all of the time. The defense all the way from the 70s was real good. I just like that tradition and I just want to help it come along still.

From Arthur Williams, III in Baton Rouge, Louisiana: Are you satisfied with your rookie season and in what areas do you feel that you need to improve?

Lawrence Timmons: I am very satisfied with it. In life you always learn from something that is tougher and brings adversity. That is what I like. You don’t get anything out of life if it’s always good. You learn. That’s how I look at it.

From Glenn Goldberg in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania: How long did it take you last season to hit the brick wall that rookies hit coming out of college?

Lawrence Timmons: It is a long season. I would say around the 12th week. But I did well. I think I handled it pretty well.

From Paul Kimble in South Fayette Township, Pennsylvania: What is your greatest strength, rushing the passer or stopping the run?

Lawrence Timmons: I like rushing the passer best. I like sacks. Everybody loves sacks.

http://news.steelers.com/article/89321/

Re: ASK THE STEELERS – LAWRENCE TIMMONS

(Bad word) LeBeau

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    (Bad word) LeBeau
    ...He's a bad mo-fo!......

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    (Bad word) LeBeau
    I see that he shares the same first name as (Bad word) Arians.

Legend

I'm expecting a very good season from him this year. Don't be surprised if he snags 3-4 INTs covering TEs and RBs.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

From Bobby Boucher in Louisiana: Wh-What-What happens is, the-the-the center ha-has the ball first. And-And-And the quarterback will say, 'Hike.' That's when the c-center puts the ball in-into the hands of-of the quarterback. So, what I do is, I-I start tacklin' the quarterback, un-unless he gives the ball to-to s-somebody else, in which case, I-I try to tackle that person.

Lawrence Timmons: Hmm? Gentlemen, which brings me to my next point: Don't smoke crack.

Wait a minute...wrong linebacker named Lawrence T.

Legend

That bad word filter needs to be fixed.