Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A NEW ERA

Legend

User Info Menu

A NEW ERA

Steelers 2007 Season Chronicled In Highlight Film Titled,

“A New Era”

PITTSBURGH — The story of the Pittsburgh Steelers 2007 season was retold today when the team unveiled its annual season highlight film, “A New Era, The 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers.”

The film, which premiered today in the East Club Lounge at Heinz Field, details the Steelers first season under Head Coach Mike Tomlin and provides a detailed look at the team’s 75th season. The 2007 team returned to the playoffs and captured the AFC North Division title with a 10-6 record.

The 23-minute film recaptures the Steelers’ record-setting performances set in 2007, including quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s memorable year, arguably the best season by a quarterback in team history.

Roethlisberger set a club record with 32 touchdowns and was named to his first Pro Bowl. He also tossed a team-record (tied) five touchdowns on November 5 on a Monday Night Football game versus the Baltimore Ravens, the same night the Steelers 75th Season All-Time team was recognized.

Viewers also saw linebacker James Harrison, who was named team MVP in 2007, raise his game in his first season as a starter. Harrison led the team with 8.5 sacks and earned a starting spot in the Pro Bowl, while helping the Steelers rank first in the NFL in total defense.

““A New Era” was produced by Bethel Park-native John Weiss of NFL Films, his 18th Steelers highlight project. KDKA Radio’s Larry Richert narrates the video, while the Steelers broadcast team of Bill Hillgrove and former Steelers All-Pro Tunch Ilkin are featured in radio calls of game action.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: A NEW ERA

Ben will surpass his numbers from last year. Another year into a system that he's helped evolve and more weaponry to throw to.... I have confidence that our QBs numbers will be in the top 5 if not the top 3 in the league.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Ben will surpass his numbers from last year. Another year into a system that he's helped evolve and more weaponry to throw to.... I have confidence that our QBs numbers will be in the top 5 if not the top 3 in the league.
    I too share your confidence. However, I will not pick him in any of my fantasy leagues. I have a thing about picking Steelers for fear of jinxing them.

I have no problem getting beat in FF as the result of a Steeler. I would never root for a FF win if it meant a Steeler loss. I see so-called "fans" of other teams do this and they don't get my respect as fans.........

Legend

User Info Menu

Season highlight films always get me so freakin' stoked for the season to start...that is marketing at it's finest right there because I know what it is, I know what it's supposed to do and it still works on me!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Season highlight films always get me so freakin' stoked for the season to start...that is marketing at it's finest right there because I know what it is, I know what it's supposed to do and it still works on me!
    i agree. there is nothing like a steelers montage to get my blood pumping

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Any idea when this will appear on the NFL Network? Can't wait to see, tired of looking at individual clips on their site...want to see the whole deal with music and all.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Actually, for me it doesn't even have to be the Steelers...when ESPN starts showing the season highlight reels of ANY team my pulse starts pounding!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":4pqnxkmr
    Actually, for me it doesn't even have to be the Steelers...when ESPN starts showing the season highlight reels of ANY team my pulse starts pounding![/quote:4pqnxkmr]

espn still shows the year in review or whatever on nfl teams? i use to love those i would even watch other team's highlights and still be interested.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":33xxpwoz
    Actually, for me it doesn't even have to be the Steelers...when ESPN starts showing the season highlight reels of ANY team my pulse starts pounding![/quote:33xxpwoz]

Even the 1-15 Dolphins?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

^^^

Yes to both!