Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A NEW ERA

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: A NEW ERA

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    ^^^

Yes to both!
    Okay, then. I'll give you the Dolphins. That one win in overtime was pretty exciting. Even the Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Raiders, Cowboys, and Asterisks, though?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    ^^^

Yes to both!
    Okay, then. I'll give you the Dolphins. That one win in overtime was pretty exciting. Even the Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Raiders, Cowboys, and Asterisks, though?
    All of them...I love NFL football and I love watching highlights!

Watching highlights of teams I hate just fuels the hatred...and gets me stoked for football!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Any idea when this will appear on the NFL Network? Can't wait to see, tired of looking at individual clips on their site...want to see the whole deal with music and all.
    I would guess late-summer they will be ramping-up the coverage of the various training camps, and also the highlight reels.... I seem to recall that last August they had a big push with all of them the two weeks leading up to opening day.

.... I agree with all the sentiments!... Man, there are times when I actually get goosebumps when they're shown!

motter1975

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Season highlight films always get me so freakin' stoked for the season to start...that is marketing at it's finest right there because I know what it is, I know what it's supposed to do and it still works on me!
    i agree. there is nothing like a steelers montage to get my blood pumping
    Amen to that!! And it doesn't matter how many times I've seen the highlight...it STILL gets me pumped!

SteelForce

Season highlight films always get me so freakin' stoked for the season to start...that is marketing at it's finest right there because I know what it is, I know what it's supposed to do and it still works on me!
    Me too............nothing quite as fanatical as the WILLINGLY brainwashed

SteelForce

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":128zgsoo
    i agree. there is nothing like a steelers montage to get my blood pumping
    Actually, for me it doesn't even have to be the Steelers...when ESPN starts showing the season highlight reels of ANY team my pulse starts pounding![/quote:128zgsoo]

OK............you had me at "hello", then lost me

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't understand the confusion here. When they start showing the season highlights on ESPN it means the NFL is coming. The team doesn't matter...sure I get more jacked for the Steelers highlights, but still...NFL team highlights mean things are right around the corner.

Think of it this way...when you were a kid and you heard the ice cream truck you knew something good was coming and eventually you were going to get what you wanted. So you got excited.

Same thing.

SteelForce

I don't understand the confusion here. When they start showing the season highlights on ESPN it means the NFL is coming. The team doesn't matter...sure I get more jacked for the Steelers highlights, but still...NFL team highlights mean things are right around the corner.

Think of it this way...when you were a kid and you heard the ice cream truck you knew something good was coming and eventually you were going to get what you wanted. So you got excited.

Same thing.
    Just kidding with ya "D"..........but I know the season's coming when I see the other team's videos pop up on my TIVO. Actually sitting through 22 minutes of a John Facenda imitator telling me that the Stains are headed for greatness isn't necessary to impart that knowledge.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelForce

Same thing.
    Just kidding with ya "D"..........but I know the season's coming when I see the other team's videos pop up on my TIVO. Actually sitting through 22 minutes of a John Facenda imitator telling me that the Stains are headed for greatness isn't necessary to impart that knowledge.
    I know everyone is kidding but I think what I'm trying to express is lost on some.

And some of the fun in watching the sucky teams' highlights is seeing how they spin it. Hey, we were 8-8 a few seasons back....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

stlrz, I posted this over on the "general discussion" forum, but alot of folks don't get over there.... It's not as good as a Steeler highlight reel, but George Carlin can add an interesting perspective to football....

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YphEUa5LPjM&eurl=http://blog.getsportsinfo.com/category/NFL.aspx"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YphEUa5L ... y/NFL.aspx[/url]