Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 Simple Stat to keep in mind for this year

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: 1 Simple Stat to keep in mind for this year

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Geez, you think that's bad? Don't even spell Roethlisberger wrong, let alone say something negative and/or constructive or feel the wrath!!!
    That must be it. I spelled it Ruthlessburgher instead of Roethlisberger.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Geez, you think that's bad? Don't even spell Roethlisberger wrong, let alone say something negative and/or constructive or feel the wrath!!!
    That must be it. I spelled it Ruthlessburgher instead of Roethlisberger.

Yeah I wouldn't open any PM's from him...you'll get virused probably.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Rookie

User Info Menu

[quote=Les 74]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":15d4ljno
    That's not a stat...It's another power poll. Luckily, the NFL ain't the BCS.
    stat, record, what makes the difference. And please spare me that it doesn't mean much.
    Go to the sagarin ratings and check out the REd Wings record against the Top ten teams. Then get back to me. Sagarin is not some dumb power poll. Don't ever speak about something that your so clueless on. Educate yourself or stay out of the thread.
    MSM,was there really a reason to be so hostile??There's no need for that.[/quote:15d4ljno]

Just what I thought, Les. Wasn't this one of the reasons we left the other site?

Legend

User Info Menu

Statistics lie
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    stat, record, what makes the difference. And please spare me that it doesn't mean much.
    Go to the sagarin ratings and check out the REd Wings record against the Top ten teams. Then get back to me. Sagarin is not some dumb power poll. Don't ever speak about something that your so clueless on. Educate yourself or stay out of the thread.
    I attempted to educate myself by looking at Jeff Sagarin's rankings via the link you posted above. He ranked the 2007 Chicago Bears ahead of the 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers. After seeing that, I don't need any fancy computer algorithms to realize that, in fact, Jeff Sagarin created yet another dumb power poll indeed. My 3 year old daughter could tell you that the Steelers were a better team than the Bears last season, and she knows nothing about the relative difference in the YPA of Roethlisberger vs. Grossman.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Statistics lie...still!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=us_steelinfrance][quote="Les 74":3iejwgse]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":3iejwgse
    MSM,was there really a reason to be so hostile??There's no need for that.[/quote:3iejwgse]

Just what I thought, Les. Wasn't this one of the reasons we left the other site?[/quote:3iejwgse]

Agreed.

You can disagree with the "issue" without dissing the messenger, no?

Yo, dude, save the "personal" hostilities for the patsie puffs who
    manage to wander over here...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    I attempted to educate myself by looking at Jeff Sagarin's rankings via the link you posted above. He ranked the 2007 Chicago Bears ahead of the 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers. After seeing that, I don't need any fancy computer algorithms to realize that, in fact, Jeff Sagarin created yet another dumb power poll indeed. My 3 year old daughter could tell you that the Steelers were a better team than the Bears last season, and she knows nothing about the relative difference in the YPA of Roethlisberger vs. Grossman.
    Yeah. But Kyle Orton is better than Ben.....
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=Les 74]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":1phsr35r
    MSM,was there really a reason to be so hostile??There's no need for that.[/quote:1phsr35r]

Well, I posted this so we could havea discussion on the concern of the upcoming tough schedule with the Steelers inability to beat a good team in the past 2 years. But as soon as Ruthlesburger blew it off to being some power poll, I knew the thread was shot.
    but if course I'm not carrying pom poms and anything negative with regards tothe Steelers will be immediately blown off by someone who apparently doesn't have a clue.
    Hence, no true discussion will take place. Then you got Oveido posting in every one of my threads saying "stats lie." Yea, you guys are right about one thing. Same ol Stuff over here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=Mr Smartmonies][quote="Les 74":3v9od1lx]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":3v9od1lx
    MSM,was there really a reason to be so hostile??There's no need for that.[/quote:3v9od1lx]

Well, I posted this so we could havea discussion on the concern of the upcoming tough schedule with the Steelers inability to beat a good team in the past 2 years. But as soon as Ruthlesburger blew it off to being some power poll, I knew the thread was shot.
    but if course I'm not carrying pom poms and anything negative with regards tothe Steelers will be immediately blown off by someone who apparently doesn't have a clue.
    Hence, no true discussion will take place. Then you got Oveido posting in every one of my threads saying "stats lie." Yea, you guys are right about one thing. Same ol Stuff over here.[/quote:3v9od1lx]

You can't manipulate a thread in a direction you'd like for the discussion to go to. You put out material for people to absorb. Intent and Impact, my friend. Some people's interpretation of the material presented is not necessarily going to sit well with you, or even agree with your point. I know you don't want agreement, but you can't sit there and censor other people's input on subject matter. People will bring in their own perspective whether its negative or positive it really doesn't matter.

As far as you skew on things "over here." If you have certain preconceptions on certain posters, fine. But don't come over here making assumptions on certain people and pointing fingers and getting hostile in threads. We've had some heated debates here and posters have not pulled punches... but no one has gotten personal. Please, if you don't want the thread to degrade into an area you don't want.... don't get personal. Ruthless made an assessment on source material. Its his perspective.... don't get hostile because his opinions differ. Thank you, and welcome.