Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1 Simple Stat to keep in mind for this year

BIG FAN

Re: 1 Simple Stat to keep in mind for this year

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    First, MSM is not a douchebag nor a member of the LoD. He is a solid poster with some ego issues...much like some other members I know. I'm personally not sure why there is so much hate for the guy. Even if I don't agree with him I find his posts interesting.

With all of that said, MSM to let a few guys who don't like you...run you off...well that's a biotch move. It's weak, immature and I would think that a person who places himself in a public position would be used to criticism.
    Well spoken, I agree completely

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Mr Smartmonies][quote="Les 74":3p268nqs]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":3p268nqs
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    That's not a stat...It's another power poll. Luckily, the NFL ain't the BCS.
    stat, record, what makes the difference. And please spare me that it doesn't mean much.
    Go to the sagarin ratings and check out the REd Wings record against the Top ten teams. Then get back to me. Sagarin is not some dumb power poll. Don't ever speak about something that your so clueless on. Educate yourself or stay out of the thread.
    MSM,was there really a reason to be so hostile??There's no need for that.[/quote:3p268nqs]

Well, I posted this so we could havea discussion on the concern of the upcoming tough schedule with the Steelers inability to beat a good team in the past 2 years. But as soon as Ruthlesburger blew it off to being some power poll, I knew the thread was shot.
    but if course I'm not carrying pom poms and anything negative with regards tothe Steelers will be immediately blown off by someone who apparently doesn't have a clue.
    Hence, no true discussion will take place. Then you got Oveido posting in every one of my threads saying "stats lie." Yea, you guys are right about one thing. Same ol Stuff over here.[/quote:3p268nqs]

Don't take it personally, but I work in an industry that I know I can pretty much predetermine any outcome using statistics to support what I want it to. It is all about how you set up the equations and the variables that you use. I have never said that the data you posted is incorrect, I'm just skeptical that past performance equals future performance. This is particularly true with anything were human beings are the key variable.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

One innocent comment about the Sagarin ratings...man...I didn't think I was that vicious. I wasn't trying to chase anyone off...just pointing out the difference between actual statistics, and one dude's opinion about how he ranks the 32 NFL teams. Yikes.

The only way that he could have been insulted to the point that it would result in him leaving would be if Dutch was Jeff Sagarin himself. Oh well. To each his own, I guess.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Aye, not that I've got a dog in the 'fight' but I sure am
    glad this "appears" to have resolved itself without anyone
    referring to anyone else's behaviour as being "whiney like a
    little girl"....although, hey, y'know...if the shoe fits...

Oops, wait,...did I say that?

MAN, IS THS A LONNNNNG OFFSEASON OR WHAT??

BRING ON DA FOOTBALL!!!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    One innocent comment about the Sagarin ratings...man...I didn't think I was that vicious. I wasn't trying to chase anyone off...just pointing out the difference between actual statistics, and one dude's opinion about how he ranks the 32 NFL teams. Yikes.

The only way that he could have been insulted to the point that it would result in him leaving would be if Dutch was Jeff Sagarin himself. Oh well. To each his own, I guess.
    You were not insulting...MSM was being sensitive....nothing more nothing less.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NC Steeler Fan
    Aye, not that I've got a dog in the 'fight' but I sure am
    glad this "appears" to have resolved itself without anyone
    referring to anyone else's behaviour as being "whiney like a
    little girl"....although, hey, y'know...if the shoe fits...

Oops, wait,...did I say that?

MAN, IS THS A LONNNNNG OFFSEASON OR WHAT??

BRING ON DA FOOTBALL!!!
    NC Steeler Fan is being "whiney like a little girl" (or at least like a full grown Steeler chick)
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    First, MSM is not a douchebag nor a member of the LoD. He is a solid poster with some ego issues...much like some other members I know. I'm personally not sure why there is so much hate for the guy. Even if I don't agree with him I find his posts interesting.

With all of that said, MSM to let a few guys who don't like you...run you off...well that's a biotch move. It's weak, immature and I would think that a person who places himself in a public position would be used to criticism.
    I can respect the perspective you and AS have, but I will completely disagree with your first statement. At the risk of piling on MSM (figuratively of course), this guy has a long track record of attacking others with little or no provocation. I'd like to think that I've demonstrated to everyone here that I don't go around disrespecting other posters or do stuff that would invite personal attacks. Yet on more than a few occasions MSM has made rude and derogatory remarks towards me for no apparent reason, and I've witnessed it happen to others several times as well. MSM would whine and cry anytime someone disagreed with him and used the ignore button like a monkey hooked on coke. There is a well established pattern of douchebaggery with him and I'm not even taking into consideration his nauseating ego.

That's my perspective. Good riddance MSM.