Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshopping

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: Photoshopping

Since this board has the ability to create polls that automatically tabulate votes, could that be used for the voting portion of the photoshop contest? Is there a limit to the number of items that can be voted on (for example, if we get 20 Photoshop submissions, could you vote amongst those 20, or are you limited to only, say 5?) The only problem is that there is no option for second place points and such, unless people agreed to vote 3 times for your favorite, twice for your second place, and once for your third place, or something like that (unless this program blocks multiple votes on the same polls from one IP address to avoid ballot stuffing). Hmmm....

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Since this board has the ability to create polls that automatically tabulate votes, could that be used for the voting portion of the photoshop contest? Is there a limit to the number of items that can be voted on (for example, if we get 20 Photoshop submissions, could you vote amongst those 20, or are you limited to only, say 5?) The only problem is that there is no option for second place points and such, unless people agreed to vote 3 times for your favorite, twice for your second place, and once for your third place, or something like that (unless this program blocks multiple votes on the same polls from one IP address to avoid ballot stuffing). Hmmm....
    Or 2 polls - one for first place and one for second. THe other option is the "rating" of the photos themselves within the folders. We could adopt a convention to rate our first place vote as a 5 and second place as a 4. It would be honor system though.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Or 2 polls - one for first place and one for second. THe other option is the "rating" of the photos themselves within the folders. We could adopt a convention to rate our first place vote as a 5 and second place as a 4. It would be honor system though.
    I don't think the honor system stipulation is anything to worry about. After all, this is not a New England Asterisks message board!

MJG,

I created a thread in the Photo Gallery section and copy/pasted all your diligent instructions in a single post so that if anybody needed referencing the instructions you highlighted, it will be there. Thanks again for all your hard work over the years at Trib and here. Hopefully we can carry on the LEGACY.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=772

Legend

No time to try it now (lunch) but I'm sure the poll feature allows people to vote for more than one option. Not sure if you can limit it at 2 though.

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    MJG,

I created a thread in the Photo Gallery section and copy/pasted all your diligent instructions in a single post so that if anybody needed referencing the instructions you highlighted, it will be there. Thanks again for all your hard work over the years at Trib and here. Hopefully we can carry on the LEGACY.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=772
    MJG - As a junior forum dude, I just want to say thank you as well for your selflessness in doing the photoshop over the years ... absolutely incredible - you da man

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

Ok, I posted a test poll on the comments page and hereís the scoop:

Poster is limited to only 10 poll choices. Iím certain board admin can increase that number since there will more than likely be over 10 entries for each contest.

It is possible to limit voters to only 2 choices.

It is possible to limit the number of days votes can be cast.

It is possible to allow re-voting which means posters can change their votes.

It looks like having the number of poll choices increased makes this a very easy contest to score since setting up a poll is so simple even a caveman (or Costanza) can do it!

J/K Costanza!

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Poster is limited to only 10 poll choices. Iím certain board admin can increase that number since there will more than likely be over 10 entries for each contest.

It looks like having the number of poll choices increased makes this a very easy contest to score since setting up a poll is so simple even a caveman (or Costanza) can do it!

J/K Costanza!
    sltrz d is a funny guy, sltrz d is a funny guy! (said with George Costanza angry voice)
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

J/K Costanza!
    sltrz d is a funny guy, sltrz d is a funny guy! (said with George Costanza angry voice)
    That is all good news .. BUT .. when I scored, I weighted first place votes as 2 points and second place votes as 1 point. There is no way of telling (with one poll) which one got first place and which got second. Of course, it could all be a moot point -- you could feel free to adopt whatever new scoring system you see fit. It does not have to be weighted at all.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

Party pooper....

I guess if users can only vote for a first place then second place will happen naturally! No need for two votes per person!!! :P