Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would Jason Taylor...

Backup

User Info Menu

Would Jason Taylor...

fit in our system as a DE in a 3-4. I would think about giving a 3rd round pick if I knew he would fit and give us a good 2 years to compete for a SB run. We would have to renegociate some contracts to get him in here, but his weight is only a 260 plus. How much of a concern would that be and can he pick up our def in a few months?

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Would Jason Taylor...

No.

Hope that helps!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm looking at Keisal next year and thinking we need help at DE. Any reasoning besides just NO--By the looks of your sig you must be a very intelligent man.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
    I'm looking at Keisal next year and thinking we need help at DE. Any reasoning besides just NO--By the looks of your sig you must be a very intelligent man.
    So now sigs aid in determining ones intelligence? Anyway I'd give up a 3rd round to acquire Taylor if he could some way fit in to our system. The problem is I don't believe he'll mesh with our 3-4, so unless we run a 4-3 hybrid I sincerely doubt we'll be on the "teams interested in Taylor" list.

How much does Keisel weigh? Taylor could probably add some weight, but at the same time he's a dominant 4-3 DE so he'd at least be a solid 3-4 DE.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

His abilities could without a doubt be useful... We are thin and aging at the position... We saw that at the end of the season last year.... But I just don't think it will happen, could happen, or would happen... For one reason... $$$. Period.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

taylor wouldnt fit our system. he's not big enough to be a two gap player.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    taylor wouldnt fit our system. he's not big enough to be a two gap player.

$$$$

3-4 DE is miles and away a different job description than a 4-3 DE. What makes JT effective is his speed and his footwork... I agree, he doesn't have the size to be a two gap DE. BTW, Smash.... Les' comment is an inside joke that has been going on for years at the Trib. Just FYI.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think he may not want to just "hold up" blocker for our backers and take some for the team. He could however be a situational OLB with Harrison and be very effective in my opinion. As far has him learning our defense in a couple of months...I don't think it's possible but they can dumb it down for him a bit if he is a situational guy.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I think he may not want to just "hold up" blocker for our backers and take some for the team. He could however be a situational OLB with Harrison and be very effective in my opinion. As far has him learning our defense in a couple of months...I don't think it's possible but they can dumb it down for him a bit if he is a situational guy.

The Tuna has made it very clear that he'll not part with his probowl DE for anything other than a first round draft pick and our FO wouldn't give that much for a DE who is 34 and though productive, obviously doesn't have his heart in football. He's stated that he wants to go Hollywood. This type of mindset doesn't exactly fit into the SteelCity mold.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So you guys would rather have, or think Keisel is a better DE?.....

...He (Taylor) is one inch taller, and 30 pounds lighter than Keisel...
    6'6""-255pounds vs 6'5"-285pounds