Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Confessional: What does your spouse make you watch?

Hall of Famer

Re: The Confessional: What does your spouse make you watch?

My wife is addicted to HGTV and the Food Network. So I get to watch a lot of that by osmosis. But honestly, I am usually geeking away on the laptop doing something or other (like posting). The danger is that I absent-mindedly agree to get Sage Dust Ruffles to match the blah blah blah. Whatever.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

As some of you know, I'm not married just yet, but will be taking the plunge for the second time...

....She makes me watch the Bungle games (only when the Steelers aren't playing)....
    ...But hey, on the brighter side, at least she likes football!

Backup

Since we got rid of cable last year (budget reasons), we don't have too much to watch on TV anyway, but fortunately my wife doesn't make me watch anything. Partly because we're usually too busy with the kids to watch much, and partly because she knows I'll get mad if she forces me to watch something. Fortunately, as some of you already know, I don't have to force her to watch sports with me since she's fans of the same teams I am. Makes life a lot easier!
    "The only thing decent about the seventies was the Pittsburgh Steelers and their four Super Bowls." - Rush Limbaugh

Mach Five - your all-Steelers fan band!
    http://www.machfive.us

When we were dating she made me watch The sound of music. Our next date I made her watch The man who shot Liberty Valance. That was over 24 years ago and other than a bronco game or two when the Steelers aren't on she hasn't made me watch any thing.I won!!

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I envy you guys who have football loving spouses. How I ended up with my wife who doesn't watch any sporting event whatsoever, is a mystery to me. I'm hoping my "dues" I'm paying now will help this fall, if not she's on her own, because my daughter and I will be Steeler fanatics and will be merciless with the terrible towel waving and screaming in front of the TV every Sunday during the season.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    My wife is addicted to HGTV and the Food Network. So I get to watch a lot of that by osmosis. But honestly, I am usually geeking away on the laptop doing something or other (like posting). The danger is that I absent-mindedly agree to get Sage Dust Ruffles to match the blah blah blah. Whatever.
    oh god isnt hgtv the worst? i heard they are starting to use it as an interogation tactic on possible terroists that are apprehended. im very lucky though my fiancee does not make me watch anything and its probably because i would complain too much. why do women watch the worst shows though? i mean she can watch shows like america's next top model, hgtv and that stupid dancing reality show and she has the nerve to complain when i try and watch its always sunny in philladelphia. i just dont get it.

Pro Bowler

Just been married for 7 months so still feeling out "the rules". We just moved into a new house (from a condo) so we have better TV options in the house and neither of us cares if the other gets up to watch something else off in the house.

The big screen is always used for Sports - Steelers games, Penguins games, etc. She's very cool with that.

I've watched Grey's with her and it's not too bad but I have no idea what's going on. I refuse to watch Desperate Housewives or Brothers and Sisters - I find both unwatchable. I won't watch E! hollywood news either.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I envy you guys who have football loving spouses. How I ended up with my wife who doesn't watch any sporting event whatsoever, is a mystery to me. I'm hoping my "dues" I'm paying now will help this fall, if not she's on her own, because my daughter and I will be Steeler fanatics and will be merciless with the terrible towel waving and screaming in front of the TV every Sunday during the season.

Ahhh its been a long process for me and my fianceč. Fortunately her mother always watched one or two football games throughout the year so she was familiar w/ the concept on a much smaller level. We've been together for 4 football seasons.

15-1
    Super Bowl
    8-8
    Playoffs.

She's seen it all but a horrible losing season. The 8-8 season was close. She's hooked now, she loves it. In the summer she says things like "Man, i wish there was football on, sundays are so boring w/o it."

Conversely, she watched ANY show about weddings and/or brides. She also watched the worst movies ever.

It's a trade off... a good one as far as I'm concerned.

BIG FAN

I am extremely fortunate, a few chick movies here and there, maybe some American Idol.
    Otherwise she's happy to tivo the rest. She was asking this past Sat. about when were going to get the NFL Sunday Ticket. She watches all the Steeler games with me. As she works at Uof L, I do have to watch some obligatory Louisville football and basketball games. I really don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Well, luckily I'll be a happily divorced guy soon. Therefore, I'm in the same boat with Stlrz D. Do and watch what I want when I want, etc.

However, back when we were still together she sometimes watched America's Top Model which I didn't necessarily mind because of the hotties. I actually watched Desperate Housewives for awhile as well because I've had a thing for Teri Hatcher since she was trying to seduce Dan Fielding on Night Court.

I do have to say though, that I am forced to watch Strawberry Shortcake, Dragon Tales, Caillou, etc. by my little girl.

Hot dog hot dog hot diggety dog!!!
    WTF!!!! Do I sub-consciously post as eni or something? Geez:

Happily divorced soon: check
    Watched America's Top Model and Desperate Housewives: check
    Have a thing for teri hatcher: check
    Watch several cartoons with kids: check (except you forgot to mention Little Bear and Sponge Bob!!!)
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285