Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Confessional: What does your spouse make you watch?

The Confessional: What does your spouse make you watch?

The other night, my wife and I had an in-house date night. That's when I put my daughter to bed, my wife and I sit down with popcorn or pizza or ice cream and view either a movie rental or watch a show that we have on our DVR. The other night she made me watch..... ****said with such shame**** The Bachelorette. A low point in my career as a man. What has your wife/significant other made you watch to your disgust or delight? Fess up.... we all make sacrifices for the betterment of our relationships.... I told myself with each painful moment of viewing..... "This will win me points and she'll have to watch Steeler Football this season." My wife is unaware of the ammo I'm gathering this summer....

With each minute that I watch shows like "John and Kate, plus 8".... I'm stocking up Steeler Viewing Miles at the "Bank O' Marisa." So come clean guys.... what have you viewed for the sake of your spouses and what have you gained?

Legend

Re: The Confessional: What does your spouse make you watch?

I have no SO which means I watch what I want when I want.

It also means I pause when I want and can even fart during whatever I'm watching with no fear of repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

It also means I pause when I want and can even fart during whatever I'm watching with no fear of repercussions.

I fart when I want and I burp when I want and I scratch myself when and where I want at whatever time I want.... not without repercussions, but surely without fear. I'm a man and part of being a man means, if you want to hang out with this man and occupy the same vicinity as this man.... then you'll have to put up with the completely normal physiological offerings that a man's body produces. If I have to watch you Kooky shows, you'll have to put up with my bodily functions.

Noteworthy too is that, I'm not a complete arse. I'm mindful of such antics in front of my daughter because I don't want to set a bad example. Also, I surprise my wife with non-holiday or occasion cards, notes and presents. I still open car doors for her, get up when she leaves and enters the room, I help around the house with various chores, and what I create for her for Birthdays, Mother's Day, Valentines Day, Anniversaries and Christmas... with regards to graphics, always brings tears to her eyes. So all the afore mentioned "man stuff" I do in front of her is always offset by a lot of chivalrous things I do for..... I'm big on balance.

She doesn't make me watch anything with her, probably because I'd complain to much.

However, one of her must watched shows is Gray's Anatomy. I have to say, I've
    started to watch a little and it's a good show.

Marisa, that's funny. Same spelling as my daughter. But the poor girl can't get
    a license plate at Disney without Marisa having an extra S.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    She doesn't make me watch anything with her, probably because I'd complain to much.

My wife asked me, how do you pronounce your daughter's name? I told her since we've never spoke in real life I didn't know. My wife's dad named her after this song in Italy called "Marisa Lena" and my wife pronounces it (Ma-ree-sa). Is that how you pronounce it?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

I fart when I want and I burp when I want and I scratch myself when and where I want at whatever time I want.... not without repercussions, but surely without fear. I'm a man and part of being a man means, if you want to hang out with this man and occupy the same vicinity as this man.... then you'll have to put up with the completely normal physiological offerings that a man's body produces. If I have to watch you Kooky shows, you'll have to put up with my bodily functions.
    Just couldn't let me feel good and have my little moment about being single, could you?

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts

My wife asked me, how do you pronounce your daughter's name? I told her since we've never spoke in real life I didn't know. My wife's dad named her after this song in Italy called "Marisa Lena" and my wife pronounces it (Ma-ree-sa). Is that how you pronounce it?
    I think we were watching My Cousin Vinny when we agreed that Marisa was a
    good name. So it's pronounced like Marisa Tomei.

Well, luckily I'll be a happily divorced guy soon. Therefore, I'm in the same boat with Stlrz D. Do and watch what I want when I want, etc.

However, back when we were still together she sometimes watched America's Top Model which I didn't necessarily mind because of the hotties. I actually watched Desperate Housewives for awhile as well because I've had a thing for Teri Hatcher since she was trying to seduce Dan Fielding on Night Court.

I do have to say though, that I am forced to watch Strawberry Shortcake, Dragon Tales, Caillou, etc. by my little girl.

Hot dog hot dog hot diggety dog!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Well, luckily I'll be a happily divorced guy soon. Therefore, I'm in the same boat with Stlrz D. Do and watch what I want when I want, etc.

However, back when we were still together she sometimes watched America's Top Model which I didn't necessarily mind because of the hotties. I actually watched Desperate Housewives for awhile as well because I've had a thing for Teri Hatcher since she was trying to seduce Dan Fielding on Night Court.

I do have to say though, that I am forced to watch Strawberry Shortcake, Dragon Tales, Caillou, etc. by my little girl.

Hot dog hot dog hot diggety dog!!!
    Agreed on the Teri Hatcher thing,eni.I've had a thing for her for a long,long time.