Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Competition will be tough at linebacker

Pro Bowler

Re: Competition will be tough at linebacker

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Good God Casey... - He better be up to the task.

I'll say it again, looking at this it only reiterates that our defensive line needs help & needs youth because we passed on some D-Linemen in the draft that could've helped.

Jesus...Casey looks awful, Aaron is coming off injury, Keisel can't get a sack & they re-signed Eason - Colbert better know what he's doing, because we're pretty thin up front...

We need big gap filling bodies in the front 3. I could care less if Keisel has zero sacks this year. As long as those boys up front can fill up space and occupy all those linemen, our boys in the LB tier can handle the sack responsibilities. Our passrush was practically non-existent because (IMO) we had only one effective LB starting for us last year. I think if the starters are Woodley, Foote, Timmons and Harrison we'll have a better chance applying pressure on the QB.

I share your concern about our D-line, but we can't do it all in one draft. Next year, we'll probably pick up OL and DL with the first 3 picks. Mark it down my brother, because we really have no other glaring need other than the two above noted areas.
    I hear you...it's distressing because I wasn't happy with how teams like Jacksonville were able to run on us. But I've thought they've been needing to address this for the past few years & I've begun to doubt Cobert's ability to identify DTs in the draft. He's allowed us to get old & untalented on that line & I worry that another significant line injury will really hurt us. I agree that with Woodley moving to full-time status, that will improve the pass-rush, but it would be nice to have line that could get the job done too.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

The thing that I worry about with Casey is that one day he will just break down. There won't be a gradual decline -- his knees will give out or something.

I just hope we get 2 more good years out of him.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I don't think his feet can get up to 1/4" off the ground anymore as he pretends to jog.
    Maybe he's decided that he'd rather just build up a charge and shock people instead of bull rushing.
    Is Casey married? If so, maybe he got comfortable in his marriage & let himself go.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I don't think his feet can get up to 1/4" off the ground anymore as he pretends to jog.
    Maybe he's decided that he'd rather just build up a charge and shock people instead of bull rushing.
    Is Casey married? If so, maybe he got comfortable in his marriage & let himself go.
    Maybe you're right...maybe Casey is married - that would explain why he is "with child".
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

[quote=Steel Life]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":2wizl3ca

I'll say it again, looking at this it only reiterates that our defensive line needs help & needs youth because we passed on some D-Linemen in the draft that could've helped.

Jesus...Casey looks awful, Aaron is coming off injury, Keisel can't get a sack & they re-signed Eason - Colbert better know what he's doing, because we're pretty thin up front...
    We need big gap filling bodies in the front 3. I could care less if Keisel has zero sacks this year. As long as those boys up front can fill up space and occupy all those linemen, our boys in the LB tier can handle the sack responsibilities. Our passrush was practically non-existent because (IMO) we had only one effective LB starting for us last year. I think if the starters are Woodley, Foote, Timmons and Harrison we'll have a better chance applying pressure on the QB.

I share your concern about our D-line, but we can't do it all in one draft. Next year, we'll probably pick up OL and DL with the first 3 picks. Mark it down my brother, because we really have no other glaring need other than the two above noted areas.
    I hear you...it's distressing because I wasn't happy with how teams like Jacksonville were able to run on us. But I've thought they've been needing to address this for the past few years & I've begun to doubt Cobert's ability to identify DTs in the draft. He's allowed us to get old & untalented on that line & I worry that another significant line injury will really hurt us. I agree that with Woodley moving to full-time status, that will improve the pass-rush, but it would be nice to have line that could get the job done too.[/quote:2wizl3ca]

BTW Asian...have you taken peek at the available DT's for next year's draft?...Not exactly inspiring when contrasting it to this year's class.

[quote=Steel Life][quote="Steel Life":1i7t8ltt]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":1i7t8ltt

I hear you...it's distressing because I wasn't happy with how teams like Jacksonville were able to run on us. But I've thought they've been needing to address this for the past few years & I've begun to doubt Cobert's ability to identify DTs in the draft. He's allowed us to get old & untalented on that line & I worry that another significant line injury will really hurt us. I agree that with Woodley moving to full-time status, that will improve the pass-rush, but it would be nice to have line that could get the job done too.[/quote:1i7t8ltt]

BTW Asian...have you taken peek at the available DT's for next year's draft?...Not exactly inspiring when contrasting it to this year's class.[/quote:1i7t8ltt]

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to even peak at the upcoming talent. If its not in the SEC, I'm not really taking a close look. I guess I'm a homer like that. I think that this year will really show us what direction this team is going. Look at how we looked going into 2005. I think that this team has more potential than our SB team did. But I have to agree that there should be some kind of concern that is merited regarding our D-Line's age. BTW, great "with child" comment earlier... my Golden Grahams went up my nose.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life

I'd rather they keep Flat Stanley on the roster than have Eason make the team again.