Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben Q & A...

Pro Bowler

Re: Big Ben Q & A...

what i always find laughable are these moron reporters that talk about a 'roller coaster' career and how he had to bounce back. in 4 years the guy has led us to the playoffs 3 times, with to AFCCG's and 1 SB. He has one 8-8 season after almost getting killed and reporters seem to think there's a chink in the armor. Pretty boy Carson hasn't been in the playoffs since Kimo kneecapped him, where's the talk of his comeback? Ben has been the definition of consistent with his play. This ain't no roller coaster, if he keeps it up it's a saturn 5 rocket straight to the HOF............

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by starlifter
    what i always find laughable are these moron reporters that talk about a 'roller coaster' career and how he had to bounce back. in 4 years the guy has led us to the playoffs 3 times, with to AFCCG's and 1 SB. He has one 8-8 season after almost getting killed and reporters seem to think there's a chink in the armor. Pretty boy Carson hasn't been in the playoffs since Kimo kneecapped him, where's the talk of his comeback? Ben has been the definition of consistent with his play. This ain't no roller coaster, if he keeps it up it's a saturn 5 rocket straight to the HOF............
    You have got it so right!
    ZOOM!

Pro Bowler

Ben's always appeared to be a quality individual. Sometimes he make statments that makes you think hmmm? I guess that goes for everybody in the spot light. Once Ben improves in a few areas on and off the field, I think this organization brings home another SB victory in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    R O E T H L I S B E R G E R

A CERTAIN MAGIC STILL LINGERS WITH THAT VERY NAME.
    If he could just improve those YPA numbers, we might have something in this kid.

hahahaha, classic

Thanks for the article, NKy.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

In Ben we trust.

Absolutely money, SL. Can't any of these baubble heads in the media wrap it around their brains that there could of been a direct correlation between his subpar season numbers with that 8-8 record along with any number of the following:

-his near fatal motorcycle crash and the psychological impact it may of had
    -physical misfortune of having an emergency appendectomy soon there after
    -apathetic last year of his coach, who had no mind nor heart for the game of football
    -the notorious SuperBowl hangover

Ben will have some stellar numbers this year and we will be surprising the league with what this team will accomplish this year... especially when you look at our schedule. Monstrous.

Pro Bowler

Totally agree w/you on this!! The Steelers were in the playoff hunt right through week 17 the ONLY year he didn't take the Steelers to the playoffs. One thing that will always stick out to me about that year was all the "fluke" mistakes & turnovers that happened all season long. If memory serves me correct, Hines is on his way to score a TD (forget against who) and he fumbles when he's on the 5 yard line. The Steelers lose the game. This was one of many things that happened that year that made me stratch my head. Had the Steelers won just 1 more game that year, Steelers make the playoffs & Ben's has a perfect record for making the play-offs.

But the media will tell you the motorcycle crash had everything to do with the Steelers missing the playoffs.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Had the Steelers won just 1 more game that year, Steelers make the playoffs & Ben's has a perfect record for making the play-offs.

But the media will tell you the motorcycle crash had everything to do with the Steelers missing the playoffs.
    The accident combined with the apendectomy played it's part, and Ben even admitted so, but as he also said, it was a "minor part". ... And you are right. Just one more win would have done it. So for this, I blame Cowher.... Now hold on! I am a supporter of Cowher and what he did, but Ben had NO business starting against Oakland the week after the bump on the noggin'.... Cowher should have sat him and started Batch. But that is just my opinion...

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Had the Steelers won just 1 more game that year, Steelers make the playoffs & Ben's has a perfect record for making the play-offs.

The accident combined with the apendectomy played it's part, and Ben even admitted so, but as he also said, it was a "minor part". ... And you are right. Just one more win would have done it. So for this, I blame Cowher.... Now hold on! I am a supporter of Cowher and what he did, but Ben had NO business starting against Oakland the week after the bump on the noggin'.... Cowher should have sat him and started Batch. But that is just my opinion...
    The thing I have a problem with is the media acting like the Steelers were 2-14 due to Ben's trials. I agree with you on Cowher.....he was reckless in his coaching of Ben early in the year.

He had awful an offseason and his stats were not what we have come to expect. But, Ben, that year, proved what a tough SOB he is. Physically, he went through hell from June through the end of year (I'll never forget that game in Atlanta). But, he always had the Steelers competing and that's what those outside of Steeler Nation don't give him credit for.

Hall of Famer

But, he always had the Steelers competing and that's what those outside of Steeler Nation don't give him credit for.
    ...And I think it gives us a "rallying cry".... with our backs against the wall, us against the world, and all that stuff.... Yes, Ben had us competing. And you were right that ALOT went into that season, not just him.

...Look at it this way... When the talking heads spit out such dribble, it gives us something more to talk about on here....