Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 days till kickoff!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

100 days till kickoff!!

My reaction upon realizing this was

"UGH, just when I thought the offseason was on a down swing I have another 100 days to sit through!"

On the flip side, training camp is just under 60 days away. -That sounds much better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: 100 days till kickoff!!

We need a 'days to kick off' on the board somewhere. 100 days isn't that bad...it can always be worse.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Luckily, the Lakers are in the Finals. At least I have until they win it all. Then...I will be counting the days.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steeler DVDs and DVR recordings of games keep me going thru this "dead time" of year.... But I seriously can't wait!......

....Great idea about the "countdown clock".... I'd love to see it implemented!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Steeler DVDs and DVR recordings of games keep me going thru this "dead time" of year.... But I seriously can't wait!......

....Great idea about the "countdown clock".... I'd love to see it implemented!

I think if we daily bump this thread and count off the days, that would suffice. 100 days sounds like an eternity.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I know I will sound like a dork for sharing this. But when the Steelers lost to the Jags in the playoffs, the following Monday at work I figured that there were 30 weeks till the first pre-season game. I made a countdown chart comprised of 30 weeks. I had lighted each of the 30 weeks and made notations on the weeks that I had event that I looked foward (ie: vacation from work, nfl draft, weddings, social organzational events). As the weeks pass I cross off a week & I do this on Friday's. As of today, there are 10 weeks till the first preseason game & 8 weeks till the start of camp.

This has helped the off season progress quickly. As long as I can keep my calander filled w/things I enjoy the season will be here before I know it!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    I know I will sound like a dork for sharing this. But when the Steelers lost to the Jags in the playoffs, the following Monday at work I figured that there were 30 weeks till the first pre-season game. I made a countdown chart comprised of 30 weeks. I had lighted each of the 30 weeks and made notations on the weeks that I had event that I looked foward (ie: vacation from work, nfl draft, weddings, social organzational events). As the weeks pass I cross off a week & I do this on Friday's. As of today, there are 10 weeks till the first preseason game & 8 weeks till the start of camp.

This has helped the off season progress quickly. As long as I can keep my calander filled w/things I enjoy the season will be here before I know it!!
    ...DORK!!!....

....Just kidding, man.... I have done basically the same thing....

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Luckily, the Lakers are in the Finals. At least I have until they win it all. Then...I will be counting the days.
    Plus,the Pens are still in the finals!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74

...DORK!!!....

....Just kidding, man.... I have done basically the same thing....

Glad to see I'm not the only one!! HA.......

Seriously, Steeler football is something that I pour my soul into (like most people here). It freaks me out to think about what a devestating injury to a starter would do *KNOCK ON WOOD* -Look at what happened after A. Smith and FWP went down. What would the season would of been like had that happened in week 2 & 4?

I was talking to my father in-law last year about the Michael Vick situation. Basically, all Falcon fans kissed their year good-bye when he went to prison. My heart went out to all the season ticket holders. When they paid all that $$ for season tickets, they still had Vick and HOPE about fielding a playoff caliber team. That all went down the tubes when Vick went off to the slammer. And there was not a damn thing those fans could do about getting their $$ back.

Backup

User Info Menu

Hey John can you get a count down clock with maybe the Jeopardy theme incorporated somehow?

[url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a"]http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a[/url] ... ics/ky.jpg