Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 days till kickoff!!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Re: 100 days till kickoff!!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

In conjunction with the whole 97 days thing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth
    In conjunction with the whole 97 days thing.
    Thanx.... I really WAS wondering about the connection.....

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Luckily, the Lakers are in the Finals. At least I have until they win it all. Then...I will be counting the days.
    100 days? wow i didnt realize it was still that far away. haha the lakers winning? they will be lucky if the series goes 7 games. the celts are way too physical for the lakers
    WOW!!!Remind me to schedule an intervention for you frank.There is NO WAY that the Celtics are even close to as physical as the Spurs were..............................and look where that got them.

Lakers in 6.

SteelForce

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    The worst part is when church runs over, and I miss half the first quarter. ...
    SA, I solved that problem by attending the early service at 8:30am... But it can make for an early morning if I was up late watching college ball on The Gameplan....

...I'm not sure how this is going to be ultimately viewed by the "big guy" upstairs, though... Arranging church attendance around the Steelers...... :P
    Not to worry my friend........

Isa 50:3 "I clothe the heavens with blackness....."

Rev 21:21 " ......and the street of the city (of God) was pure gold."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelForce

...... Good point!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelForce
    The worst part is when church runs over, and I miss half the first quarter. ...
    SA, I solved that problem by attending the early service at 8:30am... But it can make for an early morning if I was up late watching college ball on The Gameplan....

...I'm not sure how this is going to be ultimately viewed by the "big guy" upstairs, though... Arranging church attendance around the Steelers...... :P

From henceforth, Steelforce, ye shall be known as the Black and Gold Padre, and yea the heavens shall shine on you and yours, and perhaps even AS will make you a sig to go along with it, should thee humbly beseech Him!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I've gotten too emotionally involved in the Steelers the last two years, it hurt way too much when they finally lost their last games of the year. I'm going to be more laid back this year, just take it for what it is - a game, a simple diversion, and nothing to get too worked up about.
    Good luck with that..... .... That's nothing more than a "pipe dream" for most of us.... :P

I tell myself that same thing every year, but find myself all knotted up in front of the TV with face all contorted and my wife telling me I look miserable.... This is obviously when the good guys in Black/Gold are not winning. When they're winning, I'm so loud that my wife kicked me out of the house last year during the MN game against the Ravens, when we thumped them. I think emotional involvement is just part of the heritage attached to the Nation's active participants.

Yeah, everything you said, plus sending your kids cowering to the nearest corner in fear when you yell "CMON REF!" as well. Nothing was worse than the Colts playoff game on the road to the Super Bowl. That Polamalu play had me going crazy. My daughter hid behind my wife and nearly cried. I stopped yelling after that though.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    I've gotten too emotionally involved in the Steelers the last two years, it hurt way too much when they finally lost their last games of the year. I'm going to be more laid back this year, just take it for what it is - a game, a simple diversion, and nothing to get too worked up about.
    Good luck with that..... .... That's nothing more than a "pipe dream" for most of us.... :P

I tell myself that same thing every year, but find myself all knotted up in front of the TV with face all contorted and my wife telling me I look miserable.... This is obviously when the good guys in Black/Gold are not winning. When they're winning, I'm so loud that my wife kicked me out of the house last year during the MN game against the Ravens, when we thumped them. I think emotional involvement is just part of the heritage attached to the Nation's active participants.

Yeah, everything you said, plus sending your kids cowering to the nearest corner in fear when you yell "CMON REF!" as well. Nothing was worse than the Colts playoff game on the road to the Super Bowl. That Polamalu play had me going crazy. My daughter hid behind my wife and nearly cried. I stopped yelling after that though.

Worst call ever against the Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

Worst call ever against the Steelers!
    Exactly! And I made sure my 3 year old (at the time) daughter will never forget it as long as she lives!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285