Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STEELER HOTEL....WESTIN?

Pro Bowler

Re: STEELER HOTEL....WESTIN?

Most of the times I've gone to Pittsburgh, we've stayed at the Hilton. The players will come down into the lobby and sign autographs, talk to the fans, etc. I'm not big on autographs but I had a cool conversation with James Farrior a few years ago.

Besides the Steelers staying there, the other great thing about staying at the Hilton is its proximity to Heinz Field. The morning of games you can either walk over the bridge or take one of the ferries over. And then after the game you're not stuck in that traffic jam trying to get out of the city.

I saw a ton of players last year at the Hilton, I'm going to the Cowboys game again and will stay at the Hilton again. Like rmpit said it is so easy to walk to the game and walk back when needed. It also has just a tremendous view of the city from there.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

Thanks for sharing your stories guys. Thanks also for the info. I don't think The Hilton was one of the hotels on the list. It would be nice, I would definately pick that one after hearing some of the stories. The Westin is said to be within a mile from the stadium. I'm assuming it is on the other side of the river but I could be wrong. As the game gets closer, I will have to take a count of who is going on here. Be nice to meet some of the Steeler Nation on this planet!

I was looking into downtown accomidations recently and most hotels run about $225 and up. The Westin is a very nice chain.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I was looking into downtown accomidations recently and most hotels run about $225 and up. The Westin is a very nice chain.
    Thanks for the info. It looks like that will be where I will be staying because it is located closest to the stadium. That way Saturday night we could get around and see allot.