Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Article on Capizzi

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Re: Interesting Article on Capizzi

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Awesome read. At 330.... what a mountain of a man. If his footwork doesn't suffer and he makes this team, why not give this guy a shot. How can opposing defenses even hope to move a man of that size. We need depth on the line and someone of his stature surely would merit consideration. I'm not holding my breath.... after all we do have Zeirline as OLC.
    Talk about your people who need to show me something...that would be Larry Zierlein, in my case. He was on nearly everyone's hot seat last season and will need to do a lot more to stay out of the Steeler Universe dog house this season.

I think Capizzi being around might have been a big reason the Steelers didn't grip over drafting for the OL. That was certainly a gamble, but if it pays off, so be it.

Capizzi seems to be pretty mobile for his size and having a guy that big at LT is a definite plus. I'll be rooting for the guy in training camp.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    Awesome read. At 330.... what a mountain of a man. If his footwork doesn't suffer and he makes this team, why not give this guy a shot. How can opposing defenses even hope to move a man of that size. We need depth on the line and someone of his stature surely would merit consideration. I'm not holding my breath.... after all we do have Zeirline as OLC.
    Talk about your people who need to show me something...that would be Larry Zierlein, in my case. He was on nearly everyone's hot seat last season and will need to do a lot more to stay out of the Steeler Universe dog house this season.

I think Capizzi being around might have been a big reason the Steelers didn't grip over drafting for the OL. That was certainly a gamble, but if it pays off, so be it.

Capizzi seems to be pretty mobile for his size and having a guy that big at LT is a definite plus. I'll be rooting for the guy in training camp.

This guy (Zeirlein) should be receiving mrore of the ire from the Steeler faithful than Arians. I agree with you BH.... this guy needs to really bring something to the table this year or find employment elsewhere.

Backup

This guy (Zeirlein) should be receiving mrore of the ire from the Steeler faithful than Arians. I agree with you BH.... this guy needs to really bring something to the table this year or find employment elsewhere.

Agreed, I can understand the concept Tomlin has about continuity an all, and I agree, but If little or no improvement take form this season OL and Special Teams should have coaching vacancies the next. I'm not a Arians hater, I think he brings more to the table than a lot guys here or the other MB give credit, But the same applies to him as well.

All I know is I can't wait for Steeler Football, and as much as I don't want to wish away summer. I need my fix!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kennyes

Agreed, I can understand the concept Tomlin has about continuity an all, and I agree, but If little or no improvement take form this season OL and Special Teams should have coaching vacancies the next. I'm not a Arians hater, I think he brings more to the table than a lot guys here or the other MB give credit, But the same applies to him as well.

All I know is I can't wait for Steeler Football, and as much as I don't want to wish away summer. I need my fix!!!

This sophomore year for our new coordinators and our HC will be the true test... and what a test. I keep noting in various posts about how daunting our upcoming schedule is this season. A rush of adrenaline just shoots through me just thinking about the games we'll be watching. I better not here any of this "vanilla schedule" BS that I had to digest all of last year. It seems that some on the Trib board, relished in misery. They couldn't even give credit to our wins. There shouldn't be any talk like that this season. What I like about our challenge is that each week will be an opportunity for our team to learn and grow... together. Whether they win or lose, it will be a learning opportunities for our team to gel and find cohesion as one single entity.... an entity that I hope will yield fruit in the area of mental toughness... something we sorely lacked at the tail end of last year.

Backup

Have I yet mentioned how refreshing this board is?!

Moving the guy isn't the issue, the issue is if the guy is able to kick out and get the speed rusher coming off the edge.

There was a lot of talk last year that Capizzi was very close to making the team and it's backed up by Pitt picking him back up as soon as they could from KC. I think this year it comes down to him or Essex. I like Essex but he must not be a good practice player because when he's in the game he looks OK.

It's going to be an interesting training camp to say the least.

Legend

I think Capizzi makes it this year and is groomed as a starter as early as 2009. He seems to have all the physical tools--he just needs experience.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I hope Capizzi makes it and turns into a starter or at least a legitimate backup. However, this is the Steelers always looking for the diamond in the rough...

Let's hope they nail this one as well, but I'm not holding by breath.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by kennyes

This sophomore year for our new coordinators and our HC will be the true test... and what a test. I keep noting in various posts about how daunting our upcoming schedule is this season. A rush of adrenaline just shoots through me just thinking about the games we'll be watching. I better not here any of this "vanilla schedule" BS that I had to digest all of last year. It seems that some on the Trib board, relished in misery. They couldn't even give credit to our wins. There shouldn't be any talk like that this season. What I like about our challenge is that each week will be an opportunity for our team to learn and grow... together. Whether they win or lose, it will be a learning opportunities for our team to gel and find cohesion as one single entity.... an entity that I hope will yield fruit in the area of mental toughness... something we sorely lacked at the tail end of last year.
    If last year's schedule was vanilla, this year's schedule is more like: