Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some of the latest OTA info

Legend

User Info Menu

Some of the latest OTA info

Picked this up and thought I'd share. Really like the info on Russell, Timmons, Moore and Baker.

Such an interesting practice, so let’s take it in chronological order.
    First of all, the Catch of the Day was made early by running back Mewelde Moore in red zone work. He slipped out of the backfield and had to spin back at the front pylon to catch Ben Roethlisberger’s pass. Moore has been a great addition. He looks so much like Kevin Faulk that I wonder if Kevin Colbert has been taping walk-throughs. Just kidding.

Anyway, a couple of plays later, Dallas Baker snagged a high pass on the run in the back of the end zone from Charlie Batch for first runner-up. The 6-foot-3 Baker continues his fine second spring.

In the next phase of work, the 7-on-7 passing drill, Roethlisberger started exactly as he had the previous day’s session: with an interception to a linebacker. This time it was Keyaron Fox who made the pick. Other plays of note: Jeremy Bloom dove to catch a deep out from Charlie Batch and Lawrence Timmons intercepted a Jared Zabransky checkdown for an interception.

The team scrimmage was more run-oriented. Gary Russell looked like a speedy truck taking a handoff up the middle and then bouncing it outside. His added 10 pounds are going to help and it doesn’t appear as if he’s lost any speed. Speaking of runaway big men, Limas Sweed took a wide receiver screen in a play I hope to see again and again.

There was a bit – a bit, now – of a scare when Roethlisberger came out of a fumbled snap shaking his hand in pain. Good thing the TV stations were all parked at Mellon Arena, but Ben came back the next play with a beautiful deep ball to Willie Reid. It was broken up at the last second by undrafted rookie Travis Williams. That kid – from East Carolina – keeps coming up in these
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Some of the latest OTA info

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Picked this up and thought I'd share. Really like the info on Russell, Timmons, Moore and Baker.

Such an interesting practice, so let’s take it in chronological order.
    First of all, the Catch of the Day was made early by running back Mewelde Moore in red zone work. He slipped out of the backfield and had to spin back at the front pylon to catch Ben Roethlisberger’s pass. Moore has been a great addition. He looks so much like Kevin Faulk that I wonder if Kevin Colbert has been taping walk-throughs. Just kidding.

Anyway, a couple of plays later, Dallas Baker snagged a high pass on the run in the back of the end zone from Charlie Batch for first runner-up. The 6-foot-3 Baker continues his fine second spring.

In the next phase of work, the 7-on-7 passing drill, Roethlisberger started exactly as he had the previous day’s session: with an interception to a linebacker. This time it was Keyaron Fox who made the pick. Other plays of note: Jeremy Bloom dove to catch a deep out from Charlie Batch and Lawrence Timmons intercepted a Jared Zabransky checkdown for an interception.

The team scrimmage was more run-oriented. Gary Russell looked like a speedy truck taking a handoff up the middle and then bouncing it outside. His added 10 pounds are going to help and it doesn’t appear as if he’s lost any speed. Speaking of runaway big men, Limas Sweed took a wide receiver screen in a play I hope to see again and again.

There was a bit – a bit, now – of a scare when Roethlisberger came out of a fumbled snap shaking his hand in pain. Good thing the TV stations were all parked at Mellon Arena, but Ben came back the next play with a beautiful deep ball to Willie Reid. It was broken up at the last second by undrafted rookie Travis Williams. That kid – from East Carolina – keeps coming up in these
    I think Russell is back to his 2005 Min playing form. Great news...He has the goods! I think this might be the year the Steelers carry 6 WR & 2 TE on the 53. Baker might run Reid out of town if this keeps up. Reid better show something on KR/PR or they might have to keep Baker because of his potential. As far as Travis Williams, I have him as my sleeper. I think he could be the #5 CB. That means Madison, Mason, & Lewis are gone. Williams has to play well as the ST "Gunner" to make it. Williams has good return skills. Has anyone heard how he is doing at this? I know they showed him catching punts on Sportsbeat.

BigBen2112

Russell= no Davenport, which cant be a bad thing.

Also its good to hear that Dallas Baker is doing well. I could see us going BIG in the receiver department....Holmes (not so big), Ward (not so big), Sweed (huge for us), Nate (he can jump?! LOL!), Baker (he's bigger than the rest of our guys)

Anyways, Russell really can be a solid back for us and we should definitely keep him if he can produce...in a couple of years who knows what will happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Russelll looks good???

Nah, I would never believe that.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Russelll looks good???

Nah, I would never believe that.
    You almost fell off your chair after reading that...Didn't Ya![attachment=0:3s0y8tgn]THUMBS UP.gif[/attachment:3s0y8tgn]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legend

User Info Menu

Ya...JPN...I thought the guy was soft and slow.

Nothing ceases to amaze me.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good Read.

Although it sounds like Ben has some accuracy problems (pass to Moore) and INT problems. Lets hope he gets it out of his system.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Good Read.

Although it sounds like Ben has some accuracy problems (pass to Moore) and INT problems. Lets hope he gets it out of his system.
    Ben always struggles in practices. Then he is money come game time.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Good Read.

Ben always struggles in practices. Then he is money come game time.
    Tru Dat.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Moore is going to help this team on 3rd down, no doubt about it.

I admit I am very skeptical of Russell, but adding ten pounds and not losing any speed sounds so promising. I wonder if there are enought footballs to go around in the backfield. Although that is a wonderful problem to have.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.