Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BattleStar Galactica: Have you seen it and if not.... why?

BattleStar Galactica: Have you seen it and if not.... why?

BattleStar Galactica is awesome. I was extremely skeptical 3 years ago when this reimagining of the original series came to the Sci Fi channel, but boy was I ever proven wrong. The writing is great, the cast is awesome and to break away from the cheeziness of 80s stylized Sci Fi, stay true to the original story arc and yet still produce an updated contemporary plot.... quite an accomplishment. If you watch the show:

What do yo like about it?

Who are your favorite characters and why?

What do you anticipate this season's finale will entale?

BIG FAN

Re: BattleStar Galactica: Have you seen it and if not.... why?

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    BattleStar Galactica is awesome. I was extremely skeptical 3 years ago when this reimagining of the original series came to the Sci Fi channel, but boy was I ever proven wrong. The writing is great, the cast is awesome and to break away from the cheeziness of 80s stylized Sci Fi, stay true to the original story arc and yet still produce an updated contemporary plot.... quite an accomplishment. If you watch the show:

What do yo like about it?

Who are your favorite characters and why?

What do you anticipate this season's finale will entale?
    I have not seen it because I was skeptical too. I did not care for the original as well.
    Whatsd going to happen next, V?

Best show out right now IMO. That and The Office.

Anyhow, what do I like about it? Everything. I love Sci-fi stuff and I've always really enjoyed post-apocalyptic stories like The Stand, McCammon's Swan Song, etc. Great acting, story lines, wicked space battles, metaphors and symbolism, etc etc. It's good stuff.

Favorite characters...hmm...Athena/Boomer cuz she's so friggin hot. Adama is the man.

I have no idea what the finale will entail. I think they'll find earth, we'll see the final cylon revealed, we'll understand what the hell the last four revealed ones are all about...and all will be revealed...and stuff.

Btw, here's reason enough to watch BSG:

WARNING!!!!!!! SEXY CHICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

OMG...... Absolutely H-O-T pics!.....

...As I said somewhere else, I think this is the most well-written show out there right now... I have to admit that as a kid growing up, I enjoyed the first one, but this is by far superior in so many ways.... I remember watching the 2-hour movie starting the series and thinking "this is awesome!".....

What do I like?... The special effects. Absolutely outstanding!.... I also like the twist of Starbuck being a female.... And Boomer is just freakin' "smokin".... I think the writing is extremely well-thought-out.

What is gonna happen?.... I'm not sure, but will eagerly be anticipating it.... Since it is the final season, it will undoubtably be "wrapped-up" to some extent, and it should be interesting. ... Maybe Tighe is banging Six (or is it "five"... I can't remember right now...) in the cell and produces another hybrid....

My favorite character has to be Starbuck.... She pulls the role off very well... Dirk Benedict was the original Starbuck, so I had expectations when it started, and was impressed.... Believe it or not, I actually like the Baltar character.... Again, compared to the original, I was pleasantly suprised..... I also like the "chief", even though he is a cylon....

Hall of Famer

....Oh yea.... Edward James Almos does a great job as well......

EPI.... being a fellow Sci-Fi nerd I can appreciate your sentiments. As for Boomer.... keep posting pics anytime you want. Half-Asian women are fargain hot.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    EPI.... being a fellow Sci-Fi nerd I can appreciate your sentiments. As for Boomer.... keep posting pics anytime you want. Half-Asian women are fargain hot.
    ....The problem is that Boomer is always wearing that damn uniform!......

Anyway, you asked the questions AS, but what are your thoughts to them?.....

Hey guys...you all have seen those naked pics of Tricia Helfer (aka "6"), right?

I never thought she was that hot...until I saw those friggin pictures!

NSFW!!1

Halfway down the page. Don't let the other stuff distract you! haha

http://wrestlewithjimmy.net/HBOTD/2007_ ... chive.html
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

Yea, she's hot alright....

....So, based on tonights' episode, will Adama find what he's looking for?....

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Hey guys...you all have seen those naked pics of Tricia Helfer (aka "6"), right?

I never thought she was that hot...until I saw those friggin pictures!

NSFW!!1

Halfway down the page. Don't let the other stuff distract you! haha

http://wrestlewithjimmy.net/HBOTD/2007_ ... chive.html

Thanks for the link, EPI. I didn't know she posed for PB. I have to check it out. Feel free to post links and/or pics of our girls on BSG.