Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chad can't pay his taxes...

Pro Bowler

Re: Chad can't pay his taxes...

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Don't professional athletes get paychecks? And like us normal folk, aren't taxes taken out automatically??

Or am I completely wrong and the players are handed brief cases filled with cash?
    Sounds like real estate taxes or school taxes, not income taxes. Yea, I'm sure that he's only getting about 50% of salary in his paycheck; however, that does not relieve him of his obligation to pay real estate and school taxes to the local taxing authority.

Do I sound like an accountant? :P

Pappy
    Gotcha!

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    $13k is nothing to chad...

Exactly, so why isn't this paid? Sounds like he needs to fire his accountant. However, this is ultimately Chad's responsibility.

Dumbass Bengals

Alot of these bills probably go unnoticed because they are sent in the mail and these guys probably are never around to recieve them. Someone else probably gets the mail and it gets discarded or whatever. I don't think Chad is hiding from a $13,000 tax bill. Heck, he pays more then that in fines each year. Now the media makes it seem like he is a dead beat but in his defense he probably didn't even know he owed it.

Most people have their real estate taxes taken out with their mortgage payment. That's how come we never see the bill. Chad probably paid cash for the home and didn't realize the property taxes never go away on it.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Alot of these bills probably go unnoticed because they are sent in the mail and these guys probably are never around to recieve them. Someone else probably gets the mail and it gets discarded or whatever. I don't think Chad is hiding from a $13,000 tax bill. Heck, he pays more then that in fines each year. Now the media makes it seem like he is a dead beat but in his defense he probably didn't even know he owed it.

Most people have their real estate taxes taken out with their mortgage payment. That's how come we never see the bill. Chad probably paid cash for the home and didn't realize the property taxes never go away on it.
    I don't think Chad is hiding either... But taxes are due every year, and someone is responsible to keep it in order. Much of what he owes is dilenquent, so it had been noted and probably had notices sent... Bottom line is you are responsible for your obligations, or pay someone to do so and should have some amount of oversight.... Granted, if it had been you or I, it would never make the news.... Heck if it were any other team in the NFL I wouldn't post it...

...C'mon!!!... Come out and play with your Friendly Neighborhood Bungle Basher!...

Our very own Plex, had a warrant for his arrest for not paying property taxes. What is it with WRs not paying their taxes???
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    Our very own Plex, had a warrant for his arrest for not paying property taxes. What is it with WRs not paying their taxes???
    ...Freakin' primadonnas.................................

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    ...Freakin' primadonnas.................................

He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Pro Bowler

Primadonna Wr's are idiots.

Hall of Famer

I don't think Chad is hiding either... But taxes are due every year, and someone is responsible to keep it in order. Much of what he owes is dilenquent, so it had been noted and probably had notices sent... Bottom line is you are responsible for your obligations, or pay someone to do so and should have some amount of oversight.... Granted, if it had been you or I, it would never make the news.... Heck if it were any other team in the NFL I wouldn't post it...

...C'mon!!!... Come out and play with your Friendly Neighborhood Bungle Basher!...
    I think he should be punished severely by Goodell!!!! And the Bengals fined too!!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

LasVegasGuy

I hear ya. But I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. He or someone he has hired to take care of this dropped the ball. (no pun intented). This article made it sound like Chad was headed for the nearest soup kitchen.

This article made it sound like Chad was headed for the nearest soup kitchen.
    I have heard that at the local soup kitchen in that area the poor are wearing chad jerseys donated by people wanting minor league hockey tickets. He could be with "His posse" there!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!