Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweed gets special assignment

Legend

Sweed gets special assignment

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 69847.html

Sweed seems to be embracing possibly playing on Special Teams. I wasn't high on him going into the draft, but the more I hear the more I like this guy. He seems to have a very blue collar, I'll do anything attitude.

The idea of using Sweed's speed and long arms off the edge to block kicks will be interesting to see.

Maybe this year we see some top talent on Special teams versus marginal back ups.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Re: Sweed gets special assignment

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_569847.html

Sweed seems to be embracing possibly playing on Special Teams. I wasn't high on him going into the draft, but the more I hear the more I like this guy. He seems to have a very blue collar, I'll do anything attitude.

The idea of using Sweed's speed and long arms off the edge to block kicks will be interesting to see.

Maybe this year we see some top talent on Special teams versus marginal back ups.
    That's good and all, but honestly how many blocked kicks really happen. I'd hope in addition to this, they look heavily at adjusting the "coverage" personnel so that we don't give up 99 yd kickoff returns after scoring a big TD.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

and

Pappy

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_569847.html

That's good and all, but honestly how many blocked kicks really happen. I'd hope in addition to this, they look heavily at adjusting the "coverage" personnel so that we don't give up 99 yd kickoff returns after scoring a big TD.
    Not many...but it only takes one blocked kick at the right time to change a season.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

Hall of Famer

just the possiblity of having a guy like that forces teams to change the way they kick instead of being dictated to by the other team.
    https://cex.io/r/0/birtikidis/0/
    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

I realize we need all the help we can get on ST but I just don't like the idea of a quality WR using his hands to block kicks.

Another AS masterpiece.

You all raise good points. I don't like Sweed being in on every punt, but when the situation dictates we need to try to block a punt, then I think it is great to have him be ready and willling to give it a go. At the least, I love his attitude!

Hall of Famer

I love the "concept" of implementing him on ST on occasion, and I definitely like the attitude of "all for the team" he is portraying. But I think this is going to be nothing more than the usual "mixing it up" during OTAs... Once we get down to brass tax time, and serious camp workouts, I think he will be devoted to the WR position (either by his choice, or the coaches')... He may be very good, but there is still a steep learning curve for rookies at that position...

Once this kid gets integrated into the system as a regular starting WR, all this talk of extra PT on ST will cease. NFL live noted him to be one of the breakout WR to watch out for this season. They noted that within this system and with a franchise QB throwing to him, that this kid will have the opportunity to truly succeed. I most certainly agree with this particular assessment. Physically this kid is built like Moss/T.O. and has more speed in his arsenal than Plax did. I want to see if this kid actually uses his physical attributes to create the separation necessary to be successful in the NFL at his skill position.

Legend

I could see an outside possibility of Sweed possibly being #2 on this team in catches particularly if Hines misses a few games because of injuries. The more you hear, the more you have to like.

The "pass defense pathetics", e.g. Stains and Bungals, have to be really concerned about what the Steelers may be able to put on the field this year.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB