Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacks don't scare Steelers

Starter

User Info Menu

Sacks don't scare Steelers

[url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_569892.html?source=rss&feed=9"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... rss&feed=9[/url]

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Sacks don't scare Steelers

Could you imagine how good we would be if Ben only has 14 sacks all season like DA?

Legend

User Info Menu

One thing that even Ben clearly admits in the article is that many of the sacks are on him not the OL. No OL in the league can hold off a pass rush as long as the Steelers OL is asked to do because of Ben's ability to move and extend plays. I hope Ben does get smart and take the easy checkdowns versus trying to be the hero and force a big play.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Could you imagine how good we would be if Ben only has 14 sacks all season like DA?
    "Sacks don't scare Steelers, Les' sig scare Steelers!!"

I seriously expect a big reduction in sacks. The situation seems to just be set up for it. I imagine it will still be north of the 14 for the Stains, but under 30 should be a real expectation.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    One thing that even Ben clearly admits in the article is that many of the sacks are on him not the OL. No OL in the league can hold off a pass rush as long as the Steelers OL is asked to do because of Ben's ability to move and extend plays. I hope Ben does get smart and take the easy checkdowns versus trying to be the hero and force a big play.

That's why after every game when he would get interviewed, he would give props to his line (even though he'd been sacked 5 times in the game!). He gets that he could avoid some, but at the same time, the line didn't do him any favors. It was a pretty classy move on his part...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74

I say the same thing to all the Peyton hommer's that I'm surronded by here in Indiana. Ben's passer rating was pretty darn good, but you can't help but wonder how good would it of been w/out all those sacks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    We can only hope. I think Ben will look more to his outlets this year.
    I mean how much confidence did the man have in Parker? None.
    I would hope he will throw to Mendenhall.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good read, man... Thanx!

We keep hearing how he is more understanding of the system, and better aware... It was the same story last season to an extent (being better aware, taking more control...). While I do agree with it, and understand that it also plays a part in how much dirt he accumulates on his uniform, there are alot of other issues that contribute to him being sacked that this article doesn't go into by design. .... Just sayin'

Rookie

User Info Menu

Sacks don't mean diddly squat to passer rating...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Good read, man... Thanx!

We keep hearing how he is more understanding of the system, and better aware... It was the same story last season to an extent (being better aware, taking more control...). While I do agree with it, and understand that it also plays a part in how much dirt he accumulates on his uniform, there are alot of other issues that contribute to him being sacked that this article doesn't go into by design. .... Just sayin'

I know what your hinting to there, NKy. The Arians factor is on everybody's mind. This will be the single most measurable factor that will impact our offense's success this upcoming season. Let's hope our OC learned to play chess this year. He has the pieces to attain success, how well he moves these pieces is the real story.