Thread: Good news for the bengals

Good news for the bengals

The NFL's personal conduct policy is about to get stricter but not before every team is allowed to start with a clean slate.
    FOXSports.com has learned new league rules resulting in fines for clubs whose players are suspended for off-field violations begin June 1. But the NFL is pardoning franchises whose players' legal problems occurred before then.

That is good news for a team like the Minnesota Vikings, which has a player (left tackle Bryant McKinnie) facing serious criminal charges following a February arrest. McKinnie, who was arrested on three previous occasions during his NFL career, could face disciplinary action from league commissioner Roger Goodell once the case is resolved. The Vikings, though, won't be financially penalized regardless of the outcome of the McKinnie case.

Teams that sign free-agent players who face possible suspension also will not be fined if such punishment is levied.

"The policy on club fines is being applied going forward (prospectively), not retroactively," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in a Tuesday email. "The plan is that the club to be fined will be the club to which the player belonged at the time of the arrest or violation. But it only applies to arrests or violations occurring after June 1."

Goodell announced the policy change last week and said he may ultimately begin yanking draft choices from teams with multiple player violations. The moves add teeth to the personal conduct policy Goodell introduced in April 2007. Since Super Bowl XLII, the same number of players have gotten arrested or cited (27) as in the same span following last year's championship game.

"When you look at any particular window, it might not look like there's been significant progress," Goodell said at the NFL's spring meeting in Atlanta. "But I think there's a greater recognition of the issue. ... I recognize there have been incidents in recent weeks that concern me. That's one of the reasons we raised the [punishment] again. We will continue to address this issue. It is still a priority for us.

"As I said last year: This is not going to get resolved simply by issuing a new personal conduct policy. It's going to be a continuing reinforcement of the message. You're expected to act a particular way if you're going to be involved with the NFL period."

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

Re: Good news for the bengals

This will be only good news for the Bengals if they stop bringing in the bad seeds and stop enabling the one's they have. To their credit, they FINALLY got rid of C Henry & O Thurmond.

How any professional franchise (not just in sports) could think they could build a succesfull model of business with street thugs making up a significant portion of their organization is beyond me. It leads me to wonder how the mustache's in the FO attained their position?

Fordfixer,

You do realize that using the words "good news" and "Bengals" in the same sentence is verboten on this discussion board. I'll have to introduce to jigawatts', so that, he can properly indoctrinate you to this board. He'll provide the Banjos and pigs all you have to do is show up. :P

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

As Pap beat me to the punch. The title of this thread is an oxymoron.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Fordfixer,

You do realize that using the words "good news" and "Bengals" in the same sentence is verboten on this discussion board. I'll have to introduce to jigawatts', so that, he can properly indoctrinate you to this board. He'll provide the Banjos and pigs all you have to do is show up. :P

Pappy
    Pappy thank you for the lesson I'll try not to do that again. please no pigs

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Fordfixer,

Pappy
    How about sheep instead??NKy can help you with that.

Hall of Famer

The NFL's personal conduct policy is about to get stricter but not before every team is allowed to start with a clean slate. The New England Patriots are, of course, exempt from this policy.

There was a slight mistake -- I fixed it.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    The NFL's personal conduct policy is about to get stricter but not before every team is allowed to start with a clean slate. The New England Patriots are, of course, exempt from this policy.

There was a slight mistake -- I fixed it.
    LOL good job. We totally missed that part was missing.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Fordfixer,

Pappy
    How about sheep instead??NKy can help you with that.
    UUUUMMM, Let me think ......sheep? no no sheep but thanks.

Molon labe