Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why the NFL apologized for holding call in playoff game

BIG FAN

Re: Why the NFL apologized for holding call in playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Why? That's my question. Why would the NFL apologize for this. They wouldn't even acknowledge it. That call was no worse than any of a 100 other bad calls. If it was a bad call, and if the NFL could tie to the refs cheating, then you'd just see some refs be fired, or not invited back.

If the NFL doesn't know about it, and they apologized because they felt it was a legitimately bad call, then ok. You're theory holds water....

Aren't NBA refs full time refs? And aren't NFL refs mostly rich geezer lawyers? Where's the incentive? Unless one of them is in gambling trouble, or had a kid tied up in some Brooklyn basement... I'm not seeing it.

And if i were the NFL I'm doing some due damned diligence on making sure my refs do NOT have gambling problems...

So to sum up, sure its possible, I'm still not seeing it though.
    Kinda hard to deny a bad call or non-call when it's on the front cover of S.I.

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Well, I certainly believe that certain refs (not the league) are in tight with Vegas...so I guess I'm an idiot.
    Being a good nurse, and knowing Doc's can NEVER be wrong, I have to support your conclusion.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    Well, I certainly believe that certain refs (not the league) are in tight with Vegas...so I guess I'm an idiot.
    Being a good nurse, and knowing Doc's can NEVER be wrong, I have to support your conclusion.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    I second that!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    There is always a possibility that I am wrong and some clan of smelly, hairy, giant, bi-pedal apes inhabit every corner of this planet...I just seriously doubt it.
    My ex-wife lives in So. California.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    There is always a possibility that I am wrong and some clan of smelly, hairy, giant, bi-pedal apes inhabit every corner of this planet...I just seriously doubt it.

Speaking of ex-wives, maybe you know mine.... her name is Satan.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

Don't have an ex-wife but plenty of ex-girlfriends, f-bags, etc. Isn't it amazing that these women who we would kill or die for at one time turn into our mortal enemies??

One of the engineers I work with is on his third marriage and is still friends with his first two wives.

They were at his third wedding

The guy is weird.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

Don't have an ex-wife but plenty of ex-girlfriends, f-bags, etc. Isn't it amazing that these women who we would kill or die for at one time turn into our mortal enemies??

One of the engineers I work with is on his third marriage and is still friends with his first two wives.

They were at his third wedding

The guy is weird.
    That is too funny,armpit!!!I too work with a woman thats been married 5 times and she exchanges Christmas gifts with all of her ex's......................and she is curently married!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I can't read through that entire post of FLAs. What I will say is this...I would
    be willing to bet money on the fact that some refs are on the payroll. As for
    some conspiracy by the league or a group of well known officials that is less
    likely. But, I believe it to be naive to think organized crime can't get to certain
    officials.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well then...YOU ARE HIRED!!!

Trolls are people too.