Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FYI: ESPN Cans Pittsburgh Radio Host Mark Madden for...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: FYI: ESPN Cans Pittsburgh Radio Host Mark Madden for...

I will miss Madden and his insight. Let's take a moment of silence.

Thank you.
    Trolls are people too.

BIG FAN

This crass jerk has gotten what he deserves, albeit late.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I honestly didn't mind listening to him. I never let his negativity get to me so he never got my blood boiling. There were some funny moments and he is rather knowledgable of Pens (and hockey in general) so that kept me listening. I would say that a line may have been crossed, but honestly what did ESPN (or the local station) expect? He is doing the job he is hired for. He got his 8.7 rating (apparently highest in the area) doing what he was hired to do, and the station/ESPN didn't seem to care. So now he gets fired for the same thing? I don't think that is fair to him, even if he is a jerk at times. I don't condone what he said, but it seems kind of hypocritical to me.

I listen on espnradio.com here at work everyday, so i have no direct ties to the station. But I won't listen to the pittsburgh selection anymore probably. Maybe every so often to catch up on what they are talking about and closer to training camp.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    After reading the article on the PG website, I have to admit I'm shoked at all the support MM got in the reader's comments section of the article. It's sad, really. Holy crap, people. He said a state Senator should have been assasinated rather than die of a brain tumor and an 8-year-old girl who tragically died at a hockey game "had it coming to her". There was more, but these stand out. He's a classless slob who should have been removed from the airwaves years ago.

I'm not in Pittsburgh to hear this jag-off but if I would have heard that statement come out of his mouth I would have been at the steps of the radio station waiting for this punk. I would have promptly gave him the beat down of his life and proclaim "he had it coming to him from my prison cell."

No freakin' 8 year old or anybody else for that matter has it coming to them sitting in the stands of a hockey game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    After reading the article on the PG website, I have to admit I'm shoked at all the support MM got in the reader's comments section of the article. It's sad, really. Holy crap, people. He said a state Senator should have been assasinated rather than die of a brain tumor and an 8-year-old girl who tragically died at a hockey game "had it coming to her". There was more, but these stand out. He's a classless slob who should have been removed from the airwaves years ago.

I'm not in Pittsburgh to hear this jag-off but if I would have heard that statement come out of his mouth I would have been at the steps of the radio station waiting for this punk. I would have promptly gave him the beat down of his life and proclaim "he had it coming to him from my prison cell."

No freakin' 8 year old or anybody for that matter has it coming to her sitting in the stands of a hockey game.
    Yes, absolutely deplorable. I never heard that before. Kind of makes my previous post about the hypocrisy less warranted.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

No freakin' 8 year old or anybody for that matter has it coming to her sitting in the stands of a hockey game.
    Yes, absolutely deplorable. I never heard that before. Kind of makes my previous post about the hypocrisy less warranted.

I just can't fathom anyone saying that publicly. I can't believe he still had a job let alone his life after that statement. Dude, I am fired up this morning hearing this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm glad he's gone and he should be easily replaced. Now hopefully I can get some
    good Pittsburgh sporting news without the content being littered with his shock
    jock shtick.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Costanza, I think that you'll agree with me when I say:

That's a shame.
    Sure sucks (insert sarcasm)... I'm just not a big fan of shock jocks or anyone who blindly rips into their own team (constructive critiscm is ok).
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Costanza, I think that you'll agree with me when I say:

That's a shame.
    Sure sucks (insert sarcasm)... I'm just not a big fan of shock jocks or anyone who blindly rips into their own team (constructive critiscm is ok).
    And thats my rub with him. He just picks his targets on what will get him more heat, therefore raising his ratings. His attacks on Hines ward, perhaps one of the toughest receivers of all time, and calls him Wines Hard (which was funny) but common', Seriously, going after Hines Ward because he held out once?

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm very disappointed to hear Mark Madden was fired. I always hoped Madden would have a radio show long enough to be assassinated live on the air by the family of an 8 year old girl.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.