Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC: Do You Watch It?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: UFC: Do You Watch It?

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Maybe I'm a reality TV junkie or something... but I like The Ultimate Fighter, but I can't really get into the big events.

Matches, in my experience, are either really really exciting, or a huge freaking snoozefest. Maybe I haven't seen enough big time matches...

What's up with this Faber vs Pulver match that's coming up. Is that worth watching? Or is it crap cuz its not UFC?
    The match with Pulver and Faber should be pretty good,Russ.WEC is kind of like the minor league UFC.They as a whole aren't anywhere near as good as the UFC,but once in a while they can put on a decent fight...............this should be one of them.
    Mayhaps I'll check it out. I kind of like the best UFC Knockout shows they show on Spike. I do know I wouldn't mess w/ a large majority of those guys.

I'm looking forward to Rampage and Forrest going at it for the The Ultimate Fighter finale.

And I was upset when Gerald got schooeld by that knee...

That is one thing I like about the MMA stuff. It just takes one lucky shot... So you have to be FLAWLESS to avoid that sorta thing.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I'm too now just getting into MMA. Novice definitely, but I enjoy looking at the various disciplines and fighting styles of each guy and trying to come out with the winner. I haven't been very successful picking them but it sure is fun.

Really looking forward to Fedor and Sylvia's fight coming up. The Prodigy looked really good last Saturday. I think he could give GSP a run for his money if they were at the same weight tomorrow.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth
    I'm too now just getting into MMA. Novice definitely, but I enjoy looking at the various disciplines and fighting styles of each guy and trying to come out with the winner. I haven't been very successful picking them but it sure is fun.

Really looking forward to Fedor and Sylvia's fight coming up. The Prodigy looked really good last Saturday. I think he could give GSP a run for his money if they were at the same weight tomorrow.
    I've NEVER liked Sylvia.I put him right up there with Ortiz on my most hated list.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Faber and Pulver will be an awesome fight. I give props to Pulver for jumping up to BJ Penn's weight class for so long, because I think physically Pulver is at his more natural fighting weight now. That being said, I think Uriah will kick the snot out of him.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Faber and Pulver will be an awesome fight. I give props to Pulver for jumping up to BJ Penn's weight class for so long, because I think physically Pulver is at his more natural fighting weight now. That being said, I think Uriah will kick the snot out of him.
    Agreed and agreed.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelworth

I've NEVER liked Sylvia.I put him right up there with Ortiz on my most hated list.
    Agreed. I'm just looking forward to Fedor beating the snot out of him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't watch too much of it personally, but a bouncer at my local watering hole is a fighter in it, and has fought in Vegas.... Is this the pre-fight entertainment?......... Gotta love the kid with the camera phone snapping a pic!.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BJ Penn VS. George St. Pierre.... what do you think... when will it happen... who do you think will win?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    BJ Penn VS. George St. Pierre.... what do you think... when will it happen... who do you think will win?
    Not sure when it will happen.I'll say 6 months to a year.Penn will defeat GSP.He is one bad little mofo.