Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: UFC: Do You Watch It?

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    UFC: Do You Watch It?

    Over this past 2 years I've gotten really into watching UFC matches. I think its far and away the best sport out there next to Football. Boxing is bogus in comparison. These guys are true gladiators in the octagon. The conditioning and various disciplines that the fighters have to incorporate in their matches are grueling to say the least. I watch the Ultimate Fighter religiously and the pound for pound the greatest fighter out there right now is George St. Pierre. Do you guys watch?

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: UFC: Do You Watch It?

    Everyone I know watches it but I haven't been able to get into it. Maybe it's because of time constraints with the kids and all...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  3. #3
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,513

    Re: UFC: Do You Watch It?

    I think at this point, it's my second favorite sport behind football

  4. #4

    Re: UFC: Do You Watch It?

    I love the UFC,AS.I really started getting into it when the first season of the Ultimate Fighter aired.Great stuff.I disagee with you about GSP being the best pound for pound fighter,though.Here are some that I would consider to be better:

    1.Anderson Silva
    2.BJ Penn
    3.Chuck Liddell

    and some that aren't quite there yet,but are on their way:

    1.Diego Sanchez
    2.Forrest Griffin
    3.Michael Bisping
    4.Rashard Evans-watch out for this guy

    BTW,did anyone ever watch the first fight between Stephan Bonner and Forrest Griffin a few years back??Best fight I've ever seen.Bar none!!!

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: UFC: Do You Watch It?

    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    I love the UFC,AS.I really started getting into it when the first season of the Ultimate Fighter aired.Great stuff.I disagee with you about GSP being the best pound for pound fighter,though.Here are some that I would consider to be better:

    1.Anderson Silva
    2.BJ Penn
    3.Chuck Liddell

    BJ is the real deal and proved that fact this past Saturday as he pounded that "squatty-he-man-doll-wanna-be" Shawn Shirk..... (What the hell is a Muscle Shark anyway?)



    and some that aren't quite there yet,but are on their way:

    1.Diego Sanchez - The Nightmare is awesome, and I love his motor. The guy never stops swingin', but ever since he lost to Kotcheck (sp) he hasn't been the same.


    2.Forrest Griffin - Great conditioning, but still not impressed.


    3.Michael Bisping - Way too much hype. The "Count" will be down for the count soon enough.


    4.Rashard Evans-watch out for this guy - I disagree. I think he's soft, no real empirical facts to back that up. I've just formulated that opinion. Him and his fellow Ultimate Fighter buddy of that same season, Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardine.

    BTW,did anyone ever watch the first fight between Stephan Bonner and Forrest Griffin a few years back??Best fight I've ever seen.Bar none!!!

    Great post.... and look forward to bantering with you about this subject quite frequently. BTW, who are you taking to win it all on this season of the Ultimate Fighter. Also, if you know of where I can get a free MP3 copy of "The Ultimate - Remix" the beginning theme song.... shoot me a PM is you have a clue to where I can get one. That song rocks and I'd love to get it for the workouts. Loud and Angry.... that's my music choice when lifting.

  6. #6

    Re: UFC: Do You Watch It?

    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    I love the UFC,AS.I really started getting into it when the first season of the Ultimate Fighter aired.Great stuff.I disagee with you about GSP being the best pound for pound fighter,though.Here are some that I would consider to be better:

    1.Anderson Silva
    2.BJ Penn
    3.Chuck Liddell

    BJ is the real deal and proved that fact this past Saturday as he pounded that "squatty-he-man-doll-wanna-be" Shawn Shirk..... (What the hell is a Muscle Shark anyway?)



    and some that aren't quite there yet,but are on their way:

    1.Diego Sanchez - The Nightmare is awesome, and I love his motor. The guy never stops swingin', but ever since he lost to Kotcheck (sp) he hasn't been the same.


    2.Forrest Griffin - Great conditioning, but still not impressed.


    3.Michael Bisping - Way too much hype. The "Count" will be down for the count soon enough.


    4.Rashard Evans-watch out for this guy - I disagree. I think he's soft, no real empirical facts to back that up. I've just formulated that opinion. Him and his fellow Ultimate Fighter buddy of that same season, Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardine.

    BTW,did anyone ever watch the first fight between Stephan Bonner and Forrest Griffin a few years back??Best fight I've ever seen.Bar none!!!

    Great post.... and look forward to bantering with you about this subject quite frequently. BTW, who are you taking to win it all on this season of the Ultimate Fighter. Also, if you know of where I can get a free MP3 copy of "The Ultimate - Remix" the beginning theme song.... shoot me a PM is you have a clue to where I can get one. That song rocks and I'd love to get it for the workouts. Loud and Angry.... that's my music choice when lifting.
    Hey,I'm glad that I finally found another fan of the UFC.I have yet to meet one in person to "talk shop" with.I agree abot Sanchez not being the same(which is why I put him in the "not quite yet" category.)Forrest is a real good fighter,bro.I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him upset Rampage.I disagree on Evans,too.We have yet to see the best out of him.Just wait.I do agree about Jardine,however.I tink he gotREAL lucky against the Iceman.I'll try and see if I can find that TUF intro for ya!!!

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: UFC: Do You Watch It?

    [quote=Les 74]
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":2weamkg7
    I love the UFC,AS.I really started getting into it when the first season of the Ultimate Fighter aired.Great stuff.I disagee with you about GSP being the best pound for pound fighter,though.Here are some that I would consider to be better:

    1.Anderson Silva
    2.BJ Penn
    3.Chuck Liddell

    BJ is the real deal and proved that fact this past Saturday as he pounded that "squatty-he-man-doll-wanna-be" Shawn Shirk..... (What the hell is a Muscle Shark anyway?)



    and some that aren't quite there yet,but are on their way:

    1.Diego Sanchez - The Nightmare is awesome, and I love his motor. The guy never stops swingin', but ever since he lost to Kotcheck (sp) he hasn't been the same.


    2.Forrest Griffin - Great conditioning, but still not impressed.


    3.Michael Bisping - Way too much hype. The "Count" will be down for the count soon enough.


    4.Rashard Evans-watch out for this guy - I disagree. I think he's soft, no real empirical facts to back that up. I've just formulated that opinion. Him and his fellow Ultimate Fighter buddy of that same season, Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardine.

    BTW,did anyone ever watch the first fight between Stephan Bonner and Forrest Griffin a few years back??Best fight I've ever seen.Bar none!!!

    Great post.... and look forward to bantering with you about this subject quite frequently. BTW, who are you taking to win it all on this season of the Ultimate Fighter. Also, if you know of where I can get a free MP3 copy of "The Ultimate - Remix" the beginning theme song.... shoot me a PM is you have a clue to where I can get one. That song rocks and I'd love to get it for the workouts. Loud and Angry.... that's my music choice when lifting.
    Hey,I'm glad that I finally found another fan of the UFC.I have yet to meet one in person to "talk shop" with.I agree abot Sanchez not being the same(which is why I put him in the "not quite yet" category.)Forrest is a real good fighter,bro.I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him upset Rampage.I disagree on Evans,too.We have yet to see the best out of him.Just wait.I do agree about Jardine,however.I tink he gotREAL lucky against the Iceman.I'll try and see if I can find that TUF intro for ya!!![/quote:2weamkg7]


    If you find it, I'll be truly impressed. As for the subject.... my boys and I (my old drinking buddies, before I got married and had a kid) get together every Friday to down some grub for breakfast. This is a subject that is always tabled when we're greasing down. How about my fellow asian but raised in Brazil to be a jujitsu-badazzz..... Lyoto "The Dragon" Machita. What an animal. 13-0 and winning against Capt. Fathead himself, Tito Ortiz.... talk about a short shelf life. Tito is now all hype, now that Jenna's been zapping all the juice out of him.

    Looking forward to our banter. We should co-author a weekly thread regarding our observations of the UFC.

  8. #8

    Re: UFC: Do You Watch It?

    [quote=asiansteel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":2lj8jq68
    I love the UFC,AS.I really started getting into it when the first season of the Ultimate Fighter aired.Great stuff.I disagee with you about GSP being the best pound for pound fighter,though.Here are some that I would consider to be better:

    1.Anderson Silva
    2.BJ Penn
    3.Chuck Liddell

    BJ is the real deal and proved that fact this past Saturday as he pounded that "squatty-he-man-doll-wanna-be" Shawn Shirk..... (What the hell is a Muscle Shark anyway?)



    and some that aren't quite there yet,but are on their way:

    1.Diego Sanchez - The Nightmare is awesome, and I love his motor. The guy never stops swingin', but ever since he lost to Kotcheck (sp) he hasn't been the same.


    2.Forrest Griffin - Great conditioning, but still not impressed.


    3.Michael Bisping - Way too much hype. The "Count" will be down for the count soon enough.


    4.Rashard Evans-watch out for this guy - I disagree. I think he's soft, no real empirical facts to back that up. I've just formulated that opinion. Him and his fellow Ultimate Fighter buddy of that same season, Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardine.

    BTW,did anyone ever watch the first fight between Stephan Bonner and Forrest Griffin a few years back??Best fight I've ever seen.Bar none!!!

    Great post.... and look forward to bantering with you about this subject quite frequently. BTW, who are you taking to win it all on this season of the Ultimate Fighter. Also, if you know of where I can get a free MP3 copy of "The Ultimate - Remix" the beginning theme song.... shoot me a PM is you have a clue to where I can get one. That song rocks and I'd love to get it for the workouts. Loud and Angry.... that's my music choice when lifting.
    Hey,I'm glad that I finally found another fan of the UFC.I have yet to meet one in person to "talk shop" with.I agree abot Sanchez not being the same(which is why I put him in the "not quite yet" category.)Forrest is a real good fighter,bro.I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him upset Rampage.I disagree on Evans,too.We have yet to see the best out of him.Just wait.I do agree about Jardine,however.I tink he gotREAL lucky against the Iceman.I'll try and see if I can find that TUF intro for ya!!!

    If you find it, I'll be truly impressed. As for the subject.... my boys and I (my old drinking buddies, before I got married and had a kid) get together every Friday to down some grub for breakfast. This is a subject that is always tabled when we're greasing down. How about my fellow asian but raised in Brazil to be a jujitsu-badazzz..... Lyoto "The Dragon" Machita. What an animal. 13-0 and winning against Capt. Fathead himself, Tito Ortiz.... talk about a short shelf life. Tito is now all hype, now that Jenna's been zapping all the juice out of him.

    Looking forward to our banter. We should co-author a weekly thread regarding our observations of the UFC. [/quote:2lj8jq68]

    Dude,I'm all for it.Check your PM about the song.

  9. #9
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    977

    Re: UFC: Do You Watch It?

    Maybe I'm a reality TV junkie or something... but I like The Ultimate Fighter, but I can't really get into the big events.

    Matches, in my experience, are either really really exciting, or a huge freaking snoozefest. Maybe I haven't seen enough big time matches...

    What's up with this Faber vs Pulver match that's coming up. Is that worth watching? Or is it crap cuz its not UFC?

  10. #10

    Re: UFC: Do You Watch It?

    Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Maybe I'm a reality TV junkie or something... but I like The Ultimate Fighter, but I can't really get into the big events.

    Matches, in my experience, are either really really exciting, or a huge freaking snoozefest. Maybe I haven't seen enough big time matches...

    What's up with this Faber vs Pulver match that's coming up. Is that worth watching? Or is it crap cuz its not UFC?
    The match with Pulver and Faber should be pretty good,Russ.WEC is kind of like the minor league UFC.They as a whole aren't anywhere near as good as the UFC,but once in a while they can put on a decent fight...............this should be one of them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •