Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who on offense could have a very good year and why?

Legend

User Info Menu

Who on offense could have a very good year and why?

Follow up on the defense topic I posted. Who is going to be they key to the offense this year and why. Answering Ben doesn't count because we all know it starts with the QB. Who are those other players who will have career years and really make a difference.

My votes:

Matt Spaeth-bigger role this year than last and legitimate red zone threat. I predict at least 20 catches and 6 TDs. His improvement will make Heath even more dangerous and Heath will again put up career numbers.

Limas Sweed-puts Washington on the sideline and lights it up with some big plays. He also prevents other teams from doubling Holmes and Hines. I predict 30 catches and 5 TDs.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

BIG FAN

Re: Who on offense could have a very good year and why?

I think Holmes does.
    Third year, I think he comes into his own.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    I think Holmes does.
    Third year, I think he comes into his own.
    I agree.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You said Spaeth, and while I agree on the position, I think it needs to be Heath. This guy is extremely talented and can be a big time TE if they gave him the opportunity. As overrated as Shockey is and Winslow can be (at times), I think Miller can be better than both, and they get alot of accolades.

With the addition of Sweed and Mendenhall, we can see some different looks hopefully. Sweed alone can clear some guys out of the middle and give some good matchups to Heath. Get him the darn ball!!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Starter

User Info Menu

...i am going with Hines Weezy. With Holmes, Big Money, Parker/Mendenhall and Sweed running loose i am predicting Ocho-Sixo to have a nice year (again).

steeld95

I'm going with Willie Parker. I think the addition of Mendenhall will help Parker become more effective. If he has fresh legs late in the game, he will really become dangerous. The addition of Mendenhall should also lengthen Parker's career.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeld95
    I'm going with Willie Parker. I think the addition of Mendenhall will help Parker become more effective. If he has fresh legs late in the game, he will really become dangerous. The addition of Mendenhall should also lengthen Parker's career.
    He's gotta raise that TD total! I think he will have a huge year as well.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Justin Hartwig. Just because he is not Sean Mahan.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    You said Spaeth, and while I agree on the position, I think it needs to be Heath. This guy is extremely talented and can be a big time TE if they gave him the opportunity. As overrated as Shockey is and Winslow can be (at times), I think Miller can be better than both, and they get alot of accolades.

With the addition of Sweed and Mendenhall, we can see some different looks hopefully. Sweed alone can clear some guys out of the middle and give some good matchups to Heath. Get him the darn ball!!
    I think how good Heath is has a lot to do with Ben. If Ben looks at the TE as a primary target then I think our offense takes it to the next level and Ben gets sacked much less.

The keys may also be Arians and Ken Anderson. They need to sell Ben on quick and short and get him out of his gunslinger mentality. Ben has his big contract signed so hopefully he looks at how he can become the best QB in the league. He needs to get as good as Manning and Brady as taking what the defense gives you versus trying to force big plays.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben... hands down. He'll have more production just by sheer number of weapons around him. He's the trigger. I think an all-out nastier running game will open up the passing game and with the hands that are both at the line, the flat and playing wideout, he'll have less sacks and a significant increase in passer rating. Ben makes the PRO BOWL with stellar numbers.