Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FUUUU!

Re: FUUUU!

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Fu was always one of my favorite players. i really thought he was gonna take over for Jerome... too bad he ended up in jax.
    At least he kind of refers to his time there in Jax as his "lost years" the way he was talking. He just seemed like he didn't enjoy it there or something. Their 20 fans couldn't compare to the Nation...errr Planet!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

FUUUUUUUUU!!!

That was my dawg right there.

He left it on the field when he played. Too bad he couldn't stay
    healthy. I would love to have a team full of guys with that kind of
    heart.

J_C_Steel

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Too bad Fu couldn't stay healthy. he was one of my favorite Steelers.
    If his body hadn't betrayed him, he could have been a solid FB/HB hybrid for us for a bunch of years. Wasn't meant to be.

Fuuu was a throwback player. Displaced in time. We are fortunate as fans, that we not only have team history to brag about and championships, but even more importantly, the players that fandom can be proud of. Our players played because they loved the sport and loved the franchise... otherwise they weren't Steelers. Others have labeled ownership as cheap, but I think this moniker is poorly used. We've historically taken care of our own and continue to use this same recipe in this age of "player first, franchise second." For the most part, I like the way we've handled our players past and present. I think inflated salaries don't necessarily yield better teams.... Look at Jones and Snyder... do they have SB credits as of late? Fu is yet another example of our franchise tradition of shelling out players that echo the team ideologies..... team and family.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

When I first got married, my wife was indoctrinated as a Steeler fan, so I told her that she could pick the player, and I would buy her her first jersey. At the time, Kordell was the most prominent Steeler player, so that is who she picked (as a guy who has worn a Greg Lloyd jersey since he was in the 8th grade, Kordell would not have been my first choice, needless to say). She has learned more about Steeler football since then, though. In our years together since then, she picked out a Ward jersey for me by herself (good choice...if I was going to make the switch to an offensive player, that is the way I would have gone) and on a visit to Pittsburgh, she found a Fuamatu-Ma'Afala jersey she wanted, so I bought it for her on the spot. She became a true Steeler fan at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    When I first got married, my wife was indoctrinated as a Steeler fan, so I told her that she could pick the player, and I would buy her her first jersey. At the time, Kordell was the most prominent Steeler player, so that is who she picked (as a guy who has worn a Greg Lloyd jersey since he was in the 8th grade, Kordell would not have been my first choice, needless to say). She has learned more about Steeler football since then, though. In our years together since then, she picked out a Ward jersey for me by herself (good choice...if I was going to make the switch to an offensive player, that is the way I would have gone) and on a visit to Pittsburgh, she found a Fuamatu-Ma'Afala jersey she wanted, so I bought it for her on the spot. She became a true Steeler fan at that moment.

I envy you guys who can convert your spouses. My wife doesn't even follow football. I have a feeling that when my little girl and I start sitting down every Sunday to watch Steeler games, she'll feel like a fifth wheel and finally join in. I'm going to try the jersey thing with her. Hopefully that will help. Great story, Ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Loved Fu!!! One bad Ma'afala!!!

Who will ever forget his td in the Browns playoff game??
    Looked all over the internet for video of that TD to no avail. If anyone has a link, I'm sure we would all be much abliged. I know I just saw it on my DVR, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again.
    I think I have that game on DVD. I'm a little rusty, but I'll try to use my special
    Jiga powers to post the video.

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

I envy you guys who can convert your spouses. My wife doesn't even follow football. I have a feeling that when my little girl and I start sitting down every Sunday to watch Steeler games, she'll feel like a fifth wheel and finally join in. I'm going to try the jersey thing with her. Hopefully that will help. Great story, Ruthless.
    My new girl friend told me she was a Steelers fan last night. She "doesn't watch pro football that much" but when she does she watches the steelers! I probably should have proposed right then....lol WVU and Steeler fan.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

My new girl friend told me she was a Steelers fan last night. She "doesn't watch pro football that much" but when she does she watches the steelers! I probably should have proposed right then....lol WVU and Steeler fan.
    I feel blessed. We've been married for almost 10 years (dating about 14) and at first, she totally didn't understand mhy unbridled emotion for the Steelers. She has come around and now, bleeds black and gold with me, although the blood flows at a trickle for my gusher. I have an awesome wife. She just recently told me she got me tickets and planned a trip through the Burgh for the last showing of "The Chief". Man I love this woman!

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Fu was a definite throwback. A real nose-to-the-grindstone type. It was too bad his body checked out on him, but I loved it whenever he had the ball because there was always the potential for something big.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!