Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: FUUUU!

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,637

    Re: FUUUU!

    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Fu was always one of my favorite players. i really thought he was gonna take over for Jerome... too bad he ended up in jax.
    At least he kind of refers to his time there in Jax as his "lost years" the way he was talking. He just seemed like he didn't enjoy it there or something. Their 20 fans couldn't compare to the Nation...errr Planet!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  2. #12
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,080

    Re: FUUUU!

    FUUUUUUUUU!!!

    That was my dawg right there.

    He left it on the field when he played. Too bad he couldn't stay
    healthy. I would love to have a team full of guys with that kind of
    heart.
    2015 NFL Draft
    1) Shane Ray-OLB
    2) Quintin Rollins-DB
    3) Tre McBride-WR
    4) Jeff Heuerman-TE
    5) Senquez Golson-DB
    6) Kyle Emmanuel-OLB
    6) Matt Jones-RB
    7) Gerod Holliman-S

  3. #13
    J_C_Steel
    Guest

    Re: FUUUU!

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Too bad Fu couldn't stay healthy. he was one of my favorite Steelers.
    If his body hadn't betrayed him, he could have been a solid FB/HB hybrid for us for a bunch of years. Wasn't meant to be.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: FUUUU!

    Fuuu was a throwback player. Displaced in time. We are fortunate as fans, that we not only have team history to brag about and championships, but even more importantly, the players that fandom can be proud of. Our players played because they loved the sport and loved the franchise... otherwise they weren't Steelers. Others have labeled ownership as cheap, but I think this moniker is poorly used. We've historically taken care of our own and continue to use this same recipe in this age of "player first, franchise second." For the most part, I like the way we've handled our players past and present. I think inflated salaries don't necessarily yield better teams.... Look at Jones and Snyder... do they have SB credits as of late? Fu is yet another example of our franchise tradition of shelling out players that echo the team ideologies..... team and family.

  5. #15
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    23,408

    Re: FUUUU!

    When I first got married, my wife was indoctrinated as a Steeler fan, so I told her that she could pick the player, and I would buy her her first jersey. At the time, Kordell was the most prominent Steeler player, so that is who she picked (as a guy who has worn a Greg Lloyd jersey since he was in the 8th grade, Kordell would not have been my first choice, needless to say). She has learned more about Steeler football since then, though. In our years together since then, she picked out a Ward jersey for me by herself (good choice...if I was going to make the switch to an offensive player, that is the way I would have gone) and on a visit to Pittsburgh, she found a Fuamatu-Ma'Afala jersey she wanted, so I bought it for her on the spot. She became a true Steeler fan at that moment.


    Final Ruthless Mock:
    1.22 CB Marcus Peters, 6'0" 197 lbs., Washington
    2.56 FS Damarious Randall, 5'11" 196 lbs., Arizona State
    3.87 TE Clive Walford, 6'4" 251 lbs., Miami
    4.121 DE Henry Anderson, 6'6" 294 lbs., Stanford
    5.160 WR Titus Davis, 6'1" 196 lbs., Central Michigan
    6.199 OLB Kyle Emanuel, 6'3" 255 lbs., North Dakota State
    6.212c OLB Max Valles, 6'5" 251 lbs., Virginia
    7.239 RB John Crockett, 6'0" 217 lbs., North Dakota State

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: FUUUU!

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    When I first got married, my wife was indoctrinated as a Steeler fan, so I told her that she could pick the player, and I would buy her her first jersey. At the time, Kordell was the most prominent Steeler player, so that is who she picked (as a guy who has worn a Greg Lloyd jersey since he was in the 8th grade, Kordell would not have been my first choice, needless to say). She has learned more about Steeler football since then, though. In our years together since then, she picked out a Ward jersey for me by herself (good choice...if I was going to make the switch to an offensive player, that is the way I would have gone) and on a visit to Pittsburgh, she found a Fuamatu-Ma'Afala jersey she wanted, so I bought it for her on the spot. She became a true Steeler fan at that moment.

    I envy you guys who can convert your spouses. My wife doesn't even follow football. I have a feeling that when my little girl and I start sitting down every Sunday to watch Steeler games, she'll feel like a fifth wheel and finally join in. I'm going to try the jersey thing with her. Hopefully that will help. Great story, Ruthless.

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,487

    Re: FUUUU!

    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Loved Fu!!! One bad Ma'afala!!!

    Who will ever forget his td in the Browns playoff game??
    Looked all over the internet for video of that TD to no avail. If anyone has a link, I'm sure we would all be much abliged. I know I just saw it on my DVR, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again.
    I think I have that game on DVD. I'm a little rusty, but I'll try to use my special
    Jiga powers to post the video.

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,357

    Re: FUUUU!

    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    When I first got married, my wife was indoctrinated as a Steeler fan, so I told her that she could pick the player, and I would buy her her first jersey. At the time, Kordell was the most prominent Steeler player, so that is who she picked (as a guy who has worn a Greg Lloyd jersey since he was in the 8th grade, Kordell would not have been my first choice, needless to say). She has learned more about Steeler football since then, though. In our years together since then, she picked out a Ward jersey for me by herself (good choice...if I was going to make the switch to an offensive player, that is the way I would have gone) and on a visit to Pittsburgh, she found a Fuamatu-Ma'Afala jersey she wanted, so I bought it for her on the spot. She became a true Steeler fan at that moment.

    I envy you guys who can convert your spouses. My wife doesn't even follow football. I have a feeling that when my little girl and I start sitting down every Sunday to watch Steeler games, she'll feel like a fifth wheel and finally join in. I'm going to try the jersey thing with her. Hopefully that will help. Great story, Ruthless.
    My new girl friend told me she was a Steelers fan last night. She "doesn't watch pro football that much" but when she does she watches the steelers! I probably should have proposed right then....lol WVU and Steeler fan.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    22 OLB Eli Harold UVA
    56 CB Kevin Johnson Wake
    87 RB TJ Yeldon Bama
    121 TE Jeff Heuerman OSU
    160 CB Darryl Roberts Marshall
    199 G Mark Glowinski WVU
    212 OLB Kyle Emanuel NDS
    239 WR Mario Alford WVU

  9. #19

    Re: FUUUU!

    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    When I first got married, my wife was indoctrinated as a Steeler fan, so I told her that she could pick the player, and I would buy her her first jersey. At the time, Kordell was the most prominent Steeler player, so that is who she picked (as a guy who has worn a Greg Lloyd jersey since he was in the 8th grade, Kordell would not have been my first choice, needless to say). She has learned more about Steeler football since then, though. In our years together since then, she picked out a Ward jersey for me by herself (good choice...if I was going to make the switch to an offensive player, that is the way I would have gone) and on a visit to Pittsburgh, she found a Fuamatu-Ma'Afala jersey she wanted, so I bought it for her on the spot. She became a true Steeler fan at that moment.

    I envy you guys who can convert your spouses. My wife doesn't even follow football. I have a feeling that when my little girl and I start sitting down every Sunday to watch Steeler games, she'll feel like a fifth wheel and finally join in. I'm going to try the jersey thing with her. Hopefully that will help. Great story, Ruthless.
    My new girl friend told me she was a Steelers fan last night. She "doesn't watch pro football that much" but when she does she watches the steelers! I probably should have proposed right then....lol WVU and Steeler fan.
    I feel blessed. We've been married for almost 10 years (dating about 14) and at first, she totally didn't understand mhy unbridled emotion for the Steelers. She has come around and now, bleeds black and gold with me, although the blood flows at a trickle for my gusher. I have an awesome wife. She just recently told me she got me tickets and planned a trip through the Burgh for the last showing of "The Chief". Man I love this woman!

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!
    Posts
    1,625

    Re: FUUUU!

    Fu was a definite throwback. A real nose-to-the-grindstone type. It was too bad his body checked out on him, but I loved it whenever he had the ball because there was always the potential for something big.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •