Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Vince Young almost quits after 1 year.

Re: Vince Young almost quits after 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Anyone that has seen Young play in big games should know about the guys
    heart. I know I have personally had major personal crisis in my life...most of
    it caused by me. I will choose not to throw stones in this situation.
    aww we can't throw stones? but i want to!

I know it is fun.

I just personally can't in this situation.
    I'll tell you what.There hasn't been one day gone by that I haven't wanted to quit my crappy job,but if I was VY,I could think of 58 million reasons why to stay.
    And he did stay. But, like they say until you walk a mile in another man's shoes. Money is nice...I would say fame has it's perks...playing a game for a living...who wouldn't want to do that? But, I have personally never had the glaring eye of the nation on my every move. I never had the pressure of an NFL team on my back. Who knows what kind of additional home crap he was going through. It's like I told my wife a few months back. It really doesn't matter what you do. There will come a time when you ask yourself...am I where I should be...should I do something else...would I be happier elsewhere...would my life be easier elsewhere? I think those things are normal in any profession. I can't knock the guy for it no matter how much I envy his job.
    Shawn,is this your alter-ego??

Quote Originally Posted by J_C_Steel
    SMG's made some good points.

I'll say this about Vince Young -- he has the ability to be an accurate quarterback. He did it at Texas and he can do it in the NFL if he improves every year.

He can be a great quarterback in the league if he puts everything into it. Over the years, we'll see if it works out for him.
    $$$

I like Vince...I don't like how he shreaded my Bucks but the guy impressed me.
    I believe he will be MUCH better than Vick ever thought of being. And welcome
    it's good to see ya on the Planet.

No Les...but I am able to think outside of my own envy.

Sorry,dude,you have your opinion and I have mine.Try being poor for a while and see if you feel the same way.I would shovel s**t for a living if it didn't mean I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel every day to get by.

Sorry,dude,you have your opinion and I have mine.Try being poor for a while and see if you feel the same way.I would shovel s**t for a living if it didn't mean I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel every day to get by.
    What makes you think I haven't been poor? I spent 6 months of my life homeless. I slept in my car and showered in a local gym. I worked 2 jobs to try to pay for school. Unfortunately, that didn't leave me any money for rent...and very little for food ie lots and lots of Ramen. After that I spent 7 years either making nothing or very little during med school and residency. The stress of not knowing if you can pay for your bills to keep a roof over your wife and childrens heads is unbearable. It about cost me my marriage. Combine that with working 80-100 hour work weeks to claw and scratch your way to a reasonable living...can take it's toll on you mentally.

That kind of stress... only a person in that situation can understand. People from the outside....most of them would have killed to be in my situation. But, I questioned what I did every day of my life. I wanted to give up many times...but I had people to take care of. I had responsibilities.

What I learned from that situation is not to judge. There is nothing beneficial that comes from it. If you want to think of him as a wuss, or a punk then more power to you. But, for me...that doesn't pay my bills. That doesn't give me peace. That doesn't make me a better man, husband or father. So, I say let Vince worry about Vince. I'll worry about what's in front of me. That's just my 2 cents about the situation.

What makes you think I haven't been poor? I spent 6 months of my life homeless. I slept in my car and showered in a local gym. I worked 2 jobs to try to pay for school. Unfortunately, that didn't leave me any money for rent...and very little for food ie lots and lots of Ramen. After that I spent 7 years either making nothing or very little during med school and residency. The stress of not knowing if you can pay for your bills to keep a roof over your wife and childrens heads is unbearable. It about cost me my marriage. Combine that with working 80-100 hour work weeks to claw and scratch your way to a reasonable living...can take it's toll on you mentally.

That kind of stress... only a person in that situation can understand. People from the outside....most of them would have killed to be in my situation. But, I questioned what I did every day of my life. I wanted to give up many times...but I had people to take care of. I had responsibilities.

What I learned from that situation is not to judge. There is nothing beneficial that comes from it. If you want to think of him as a wuss, or a punk then more power to you. But, for me...that doesn't pay my bills. That doesn't give me peace. That doesn't make me a better man, husband or father. So, I say let Vince worry about Vince. I'll worry about what's in front of me. That's just my 2 cents about the situation.
    Shawn,you need to relax.Are you Vince's agent or something??I know exactly what its like to be poor.I've been that way every day of my damn life.I've been working steadily since I was 13 and have nothing to show for it.Alot of it through fault of my own....some not.I'm just sick and tired of hearing about how life is soooo hard for the rich and famous.I'll trade places any day of the week just for an ounce of their paychecks.I'll never experience what its like to go to a Steeler game or a tailgate because I can't f'ing afford it.I go through personal struggles too.How about having to live in a mold filled apartment with two small kids that are sick all of the time and can't do a damn thing about it because you can't afford a house or a condo.

Look,sorry for the rant and I wasn't speaking to you about "being poor" Shawn.I was just saying it in general.I really try not to make things personal here,but this hits a little close to home.

Hall of Famer

Anyone that has seen Young play in big games should know about the guys
    heart. I know I have personally had major personal crisis in my life...most of
    it caused by me. I will choose not to throw stones in this situation.
    How many big games has he shown heart in after his signing bonus??

Some people lose desire and change after getting a pay day.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Wuss

My thought too.

It kind of speaks to his internal desire and competitive spirit.

Maybe he just had a crisis of faith and is back on track, but if he is weak of will, it will manifest itself in other games/situations/etc.
    I think it will be bigger than the gametime stuff, how is the team supposed to follow their leader now? I mean the guy came out and said he almost quit, they're supposed to have faith in him when he's asking them to lay it on the line? It will be a hard sell. I bet VY now lives in Wussville in the minds of some of his teammates. Maybe he's trying to win them back now like this:

ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

[quote=Les 74]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":zwymkakf

Shawn,you need to relax.Are you Vince's agent or something??I know exactly what its like to be poor.I've been that way every day of my damn life.I've been working steadily since I was 13 and have nothing to show for it.Alot of it through fault of my own....some not.I'm just sick and tired of hearing about how life is soooo hard for the rich and famous.I'll trade places any day of the week just for an ounce of their paychecks.I'll never experience what its like to go to a Steeler game or a tailgate because I can't f'ing afford it.I go through personal struggles too.How about having to live in a mold filled apartment with two small kids that are sick all of the time and can't do a damn thing about it because you can't afford a house or a condo.

Look,sorry for the rant and I wasn't speaking to you about "being poor" Shawn.I was just saying it in general.I really try not to make things personal here,but this hits a little close to home.[/quote:zwymkakf]

Obviously, it hits home for both of us. First, I'm sorry for your current financial situation. I really mean that. It sucks to work your butt off only to find that you have nothing left over at the end of the month. I get what you are saying.

As for being sick of the rich and famous "whining"...do you think most of these athletes were always rich? I'm sure many know what it is to be poor.

As for switching places with these guys...I get it...I do. But, personally I grow weary of people saying that kind of stuff for a number of reasons. First, it doesn't do anyone any good to think like that. Second, I do well for myself now but I worked my butt off...and went through some really bleak times to get where I'm at. When people preach to me about how they would switch places with me...I need to always be grateful...how "lucky" I am...how physicians are overpaid...family trying to use me as an ATM...it just makes me want to scream sometimes. Live the way I lived...walk in my shoes through my 10 years of training, absorb my debt, get kicked in the head and publically humiliated every day through residency, have your wife leave your azz because you are never home...even though you are just trying to help the family, live in a car for 6 month, work as many as three jobs at a time while going to school, live in a shack on the side of a mountain (with yes mold infested ceilings) in the middle of appalachia...etc and so on.

Les, we all have a story. Personally, I get tired of being lectured by people who have no clue what I went through to get where I am. They merely see the end product and want it. If I have a bad day...and don't like what I do for that day...I hear the lectures coming from people that really have no clue.

With all of that said, I also don't like the wealthy sitting back and thumbing their nose at the poor...saying get a job...assuming you don't work your butt off. It's the same ish...people judging other people when they have no idea what they are talking about.

If none of that hits home I have one question. How do your feelings about Vince feed your family? Let Vince deal with Vince...and use that energy elsewhere. I know for a fact that judging other people doesn't do anything for me.

[quote=ShawnMedGuy]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":39mi6irw

Look,sorry for the rant and I wasn't speaking to you about "being poor" Shawn.I was just saying it in general.I really try not to make things personal here,but this hits a little close to home.
    Obviously, it hits home for both of us. First, I'm sorry for your current financial situation. I really mean that. It sucks to work your butt off only to find that you have nothing left over at the end of the month. I get what you are saying.

As for being sick of the rich and famous "whining"...do you think most of these athletes were always rich? I'm sure many know what it is to be poor.

As for switching places with these guys...I get it...I do. But, personally I grow weary of people saying that kind of stuff for a number of reasons. First, it doesn't do anyone any good to think like that. Second, I do well for myself now but I worked my butt off...and went through some really bleak times to get where I'm at. When people preach to me about how they would switch places with me...I need to always be grateful...how "lucky" I am...how physicians are overpaid...family trying to use me as an ATM...it just makes me want to scream sometimes. Live the way I lived...walk in my shoes through my 10 years of training, absorb my debt, get kicked in the head and publically humiliated every day through residency, have your wife leave your azz because you are never home...even though you are just trying to help the family, live in a car for 6 month, work as many as three jobs at a time while going to school, live in a shack on the side of a mountain (with yes mold infested ceilings) in the middle of appalachia...etc and so on.

Les, we all have a story. Personally, I get tired of being lectured by people who have no clue what I went through to get where I am. They merely see the end product and want it. If I have a bad day...and don't like what I do for that day...I hear the lectures coming from people that really have no clue.

With all of that said, I also don't like the wealthy sitting back and thumbing their nose at the poor...saying get a job...assuming you don't work your butt off. It's the same ish...people judging other people when they have no idea what they are talking about.

If none of that hits home I have one question. How do your feelings about Vince feed your family? Let Vince deal with Vince...and use that energy elsewhere. I know for a fact that judging other people doesn't do anything for me.[/quote:39mi6irw]

I see your point and while I could never imagine what its like to be a doctor,I can sort of understand what you have to go through(or what you've been through.)I apologize if you were offended by what I said.I wasn't trying to offend anyone.Its just that sometimes I take on a "me against the world" type of mentality.And on top of that,today I haven't been in the best of moods.