Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58

Thread: Overrated/Underrated Movies of all time

  1. #1

    Overrated/Underrated Movies of all time

    Most Underrated movies
    1) What Dreams May Come
    2) Contact
    3) Phenomenon
    4) Boiler Room
    5) Color by Numbers
    6) Bandits
    7) City of Angels
    Major Payne
    9) Drumline
    10 DragonFly

    Most Overrated
    1) Taxi
    2) Apocolypse Now
    3) GodFathers (all of em...I know I know I'm crazy)
    4) The Bourne Ultimatum series
    5) Dances with Wolves

  2. #2

    Re: Overrated/Underrated Movies of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Most Underrated movies
    1) What Dreams May Come
    2) Contact
    3) Phenomenon
    4) Boiler Room
    5) Color by Numbers
    6) Bandits
    7) City of Angels
    Major Payne
    9) Drumline
    10 DragonFly

    Most Overrated
    1) Taxi
    2) Apocolypse Now
    3) GodFathers (all of em...I know I know I'm crazy)
    4) The Bourne Ultimatum series
    5) Dances with Wolves
    Honestly,Shawn,I don't like any of your underrated choices outside of Boiler Room.I also disagree with your choice of the Bourne series as overrated.Thats some of the best mainstream action to come out in recent years.

    Here are some of my choices.I'll think of more later.

    Overrated:
    1.Jerry Maguire
    2.Titanic
    3.Fight Club
    4.The Exorcist-scarest movie ever????I think not
    5.Blade Runner
    6.Donnie Darko-tried watching this on several occasions and couldn't get through a full screening




    Underrated
    1.The Ususal Suspects
    2.Sleepaway Camp-this and Usual Supects have probably the best twist endings ever in film
    3.Tigerland
    4.Stand By Me
    5.A Christmas Story

  3. #3

    Re: Overrated/Underrated Movies of all time

    I kind of assumed you and I liked different genres of film. I tend to like action/drama with heart. I usually detest horror flicks.

  4. #4
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    RIDICULOUS COMPETITOR, OH
    Posts
    686

    Re: Overrated/Underrated Movies of all time

    i agree 100% with major payne...that's easily one of the better movies out there
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

  5. #5

    Re: Overrated/Underrated Movies of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by mshifko
    i agree 100% with major payne...that's easily one of the better movies out there
    It's hilarious. It's the best comedy many people have never heard of.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,068

    Re: Overrated/Underrated Movies of all time

    I think you guys are wacky. Apocalypse Now overrated? Blade Runner overrated? SMG, I hope you didn't mean Taxi Driver instead of Taxi...

    Major Payne?

    Yeah, I'm just not with you guys in the realm of cinema I guess.

    Les: Donnie Darko was slow, strange, and didn't make a bit of sense until I watched the scenes that were cut from the theatrical release. Once I watched all the cut scenes, I was able to actually piece together the point...and it made it a lot better IMO.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  7. #7

    Re: Overrated/Underrated Movies of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    I think you guys are wacky. Apocalypse Now overrated? Blade Runner overrated? SMG, I hope you didn't mean Taxi Driver instead of Taxi...

    Major Payne?

    Yeah, I'm just not with you guys in the realm of cinema I guess.

    Les: Donnie Darko was slow, strange, and didn't make a bit of sense until I watched the scenes that were cut from the theatrical release. Once I watched all the cut scenes, I was able to actually piece together the point...and it made it a lot better IMO.
    The one with Jody Foster and Robert Deniro....so yes taxi driver. I literally wanted to shoot myself after seeing that flick. Up on Netflix you have all these film students writing about the meaning...and blah blah this...symbolism that. Screw that...I watch a movie for entertainment and it didn't do it for me. Apocalypse Now was so overblown...it was a decent movie...I was mildly entertained...but legendary flick? Not for me.

    And yes if you haven't seen Major Payne...it's funny. If you like silly humor...it is very amusing. It entertained me.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,686

    Re: Overrated/Underrated Movies of all time

    actually i agree, major payne is one of hte few silly funny movies that i actually like... that's a blast from the past. thanks shawn, i'm gonna go watch it i think...
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,431

    Re: Overrated/Underrated Movies of all time

    Major Payne was sweet.
    Usual Suspects is definitely underrated.

    I didn't see The Warriors on anyone's list. That movie was awesome.
    I didn't see Office Space anywhere either. Didn't do well in theaters,
    but everyone seems to love it now.

    Did anyone see No Country For Old Men?
    I understand the allegory for death and all, but I still didn't think that movie
    was all that good. Maybe I need to see it again.

  10. #10

    Re: Overrated/Underrated Movies of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Major Payne was sweet.
    Usual Suspects is definitely underrated.

    I didn't see The Warriors on anyone's list. That movie was awesome.
    I didn't see Office Space anywhere either. Didn't do well in theaters,
    but everyone seems to love it now.

    Did anyone see No Country For Old Men?
    I understand the allegory for death and all, but I still didn't think that movie
    was all that good. Maybe I need to see it again.
    Totally agree on Office Space,Jig.Great movie that I forgot all about.I wish I could do the things he did to his boss!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •