If you were the coach of the Steelers...how would you shape this team with our current talent?
1) I would really keep an open mind about the running back situation with an eye towards the future. I believe Russell and Mendenhall are very similar backs. I would certain gear the preseason around seeing if Mendenhall/Russell could be the 1a and 1b starting backs. They both run hard...can catch...and have terrific vision. I think you could beat on teams with these guys and let Parker do his thing late when the D is tired. Can you imagine chasing a fresh Parker in the late 3rd quarter?
2) I would like to see 3 WR/2 RB sets out of shotgun. Could you imagine Ward in the slot, Sweed and Holmes on the outside with Russell and Mendy coming out of the backfield?
3) My Oline would look like this:
4) McFadden...Ike are starting corners with Townsend and Gay in the Dime. I would certainly take a look at Townsend at FS.
5) I would find room for Davis early...let him pin his ears back and blitz in certain packages.
7) Dallas Baker makes the squad