Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stand and be counted

stand and be counted

If you have serverd, are serving, or have a loved one serving in the armed forces please post so we can thank you for serving or keep the ones serving in our prayers. Thank you fordfixer

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

Re: stand and be counted

I was gonna start a "Memorial Day" thread just past midnight, but I won't steal your thunder now ford....

I have never served, but obviously work with a great many that have and still do in the reserves... I want to thank all of you as well. You are the reason we can enjoy this board, watch the Steelers, and live our lives the way we do... I am eternally grateful.

As this Memorial Day holiday passes, we all should continue to remember why we can do what we do, and who makes that possible... Past and present.

Sorry NKy but having servred in the army myself I couldn't hold out untill tomorrow.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Sorry NKy but having servred in the army myself I couldn't hold out untill tomorrow.
    Then I thank you, sir.......

Your welcome just think if not for the armed forces we all could be watching soccer

Molon labe

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Your welcome just think if not for the armed forces we all could be watching soccer
    Then a very sincere THANK YOU to all that have served and are currently serving.

I wanted to take this time to thank those fine individuals that have made it their personal responsibility to make the country of our safe and free. Your individual sacrifices, though noted, could never get the true amount of accolades it so richly deserves. Just the level of worry that your families have had to endure while you all have put yourselves in harms way both in the past and present.... just unimaginable. We applaud not only you but your families as well for the fortitude it must take to serve and protect this great country of ours. From the entire AsianSteel clan we thank you and God Bless.

Pro Bowler

My Sig says it all. I've never met another Vet who expects or needs thanks, but we always appreciate it! I always try to spend this day with my family and offer prayers to the loved ones of my friends and comrades whose mission will never end. those that will never come home deserve all the praise and thanks we can muster....

I have never served and do not have someone real close to me serving currently, but my father was in Vietnam and my grandfather in WW2.

I would still like to thank all of the people that have put their lives on the line for my and our freedom and way of life and are doing so at this time. Without them, we could not do what we do when we do it.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

One of the most sober and moving ceremonies I have ever witnessed. The regiment and precision, as well as respect, are simply amazing. If you've never seen this in person you need to. I did and can't even begin to describe how witnessing this sacred event makes one feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eZOvfwWDf8&NR=1

I tried to find the best video I could...one that included all of the ceremony including a close up of the weapon inspection. This guy's camera starts shaking very badly during that part...sorry. Stay with it though...it is worth it. The respect shown by these young soldiers should be an example for all to follow.