Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Re: The Official 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

The Pens need to keep doing what they did tonight. The Wings, essentially, didn't change anything they did. But the Pens started enforcing their will, something they will need to do in every game going forward.

When the Pens fore check, lay wood, and generally keep the Wings honest, good things will happen for them.

I don't give a damn who the "3 Stars" were for tonight (even if Sid deserved it!!!). Brooks Orpik was studly tonight. Looks like he will dictate the enforcing in the remaining games for the Pens.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

BIG FAN

Got home around 11:30, just got done tivoing the game. We look like were Back!
    Wooo Hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    The Pens need to keep doing what they did tonight. The Wings, essentially, didn't change anything they did. But the Pens started enforcing their will, something they will need to do in every game going forward.

When the Wings fore check, lay wood, and generally keep the Wings honest, good things will happen for them.

I don't give a damn who the "3 Stars" were for tonight (even if Sid deserved it!!!). Brooks Orpik was studly tonight. Looks like he will dictate the enforcing in the remaining games for the Pens.
    Totally agree on Orpik,hoppy!!!He was a BEAST on the ice last night.We keep up with this style of play and the Wings are cooked..........................haha,I made a funny.

Agreed about Orpik. He was hitting everything that moved. I wish I would have
    recorded that game. That 5-6 minutes on non-stop action in the 3rd was electrifying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpBXdefDulU

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Agreed about Orpik. He was hitting everything that moved. I wish I would have
    recorded that game. That 5-6 minutes on non-stop action in the 3rd was electrifying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpBXdefDulU

Yes,it was probably the best hockey that I've seen all season.....................and then the refs decided to pull out their whistles and give Geno a stupid penalty with 2 mins left in the game.

Jigawatt Special Note: After the game was over and they cut to commercial I
    momentarily clicked from WPXI to Fox 8 in Cleveland (I hate watching my local
    channels.)

Just as I changed stations one of the newscasters said something like, "this just
    in, the Penguins won the game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals, good for them."

The other newscasters ribbed him and said something like, "you've been to Pittsburgh
    once for about 5 minutes and you're a Penguins fan."

I just thought it was funny to see a newscaster from Cleveland admit on air that he
    was a fan of any Pittsburgh team.

Ok after reading posts in this forum I watched my very first hockey game. Man that was so much fun! Can't wait for the next game! Go Pens!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Ok after reading posts in this forum I watched my very first hockey game. Man that was so much fun! Can't wait for the next game! Go Pens!
    Yeah,go ahead and jump on the bandwagon. :P

Seriously,glad to have you on board the Pens Express.

Hall of Famer

Hey folks, not sure if you all know this or not, but the NHLN re-airs the games the next day (even cup games.... I just watched game #3 this afternoon).

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Jigawatt Special Note: After the game was over and they cut to commercial I
    momentarily clicked from WPXI to Fox 8 in Cleveland (I hate watching my local
    channels.)

Just as I changed stations one of the newscasters said something like, "this just
    in, the Penguins won the game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals, good for them."

The other newscasters ribbed him and said something like, "you've been to Pittsburgh
    once for about 5 minutes and you're a Penguins fan."

I just thought it was funny to see a newscaster from Cleveland admit on air that he
    was a fan of any Pittsburgh team.
    Just from reading what you said, the sportscaster was probably Tony "Wee!!!" Rizzo. Rizzo is a pretty decent sports guy, but he's a homer just like any other sports talking head who's been in Cleveland for longer than five years.

It's funny being a hockey fan in Cleveland because Pittsburgh, Detroit and Columbus are all equidistant. Add an hour and you get Buffalo, too. So you can get to four NHL towns on a single tank of gas from Cleveland.

Columbus is the "home" team in Cleveland and there's a good following, but Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Detroit (probably in order of popularity) also have strong support here.

Most Cleveland hockey fans who don't know $#!+ about football have a healthy respect for the Pens and Sid Crosby, in particular. But being a hockey fan here is pretty difficult unless you have NHL Center Ice or have a raft of cash to watch games and eat and drink at the Winking Lizard.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!