Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Re: The Official 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Ok,I'm officially worried now.I could see if the Pens tried making a game of it,but getting blanked two games in a row!!!

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

I'm concerned at this point about the Pens simply horrible play. As I said on the Trib game thread last night, the Wings are simply not this good. But the way the Pens are playing, they might as well be.

The Pens simply can't play as thoughtlessly as they have against the Wings and expect to win anything. They must enforce their will on this team and play to win. That means attacking on both ends of the river, keeping the Wings attack honest with the fore check, and not taking dumb@$$ penalties like the F--ers are wont to do.

If the Pens play like they did in their Eastern Conference Matchups, there is no reason that they should fall short. Mike Lange made the comment that the Pens have been futile in their history @ Joe Louis, but that the Wings have been nearly as futile historically @ the Igloo.

The Pens must find what can split the Wings blue line and attack and use that strategy while at home. They must go back to what got them to the finals in the first place.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    I'm concerned at this point about the Pens simply horrible play. As I said on the Trib game thread last night, the Wings are simply not this good. But the way the Pens are playing, they might as well be.

The Pens simply can't play as thoughtlessly as they have against the Wings and expect to win anything. They must enforce their will on this team and play to win. That means attacking on both ends of the river, keeping the Wings attack honest with the fore check, and not taking dumb@$$ penalties like the F--ers are wont to do.

If the Pens play like they did in their Eastern Conference Matchups, there is no reason that they should fall short. Mike Lange made the comment that the Pens have been futile in their history @ Joe Louis, but that the Wings have been nearly as futile historically @ the Igloo.

The Pens must find what can split the Wings blue line and attack and use that strategy while at home. They must go back to what got them to the finals in the first place.
    Got to agree on this.
    Our Pens looked like they wanted to do something for a while and then acquiesced to the point of being stifled. Coach got to get that third line HOPPIN".
    Sure wish down here we could get Mike's call from the games.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy

Totally agree and well said!!!!

1-0 Pens at the end of the first. Get 'em Pens

Starter

the white out is out in full effect...go pens, keep it going...
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

2-1 Pens at the end of the 2nd. Heck of an individual effort by
    Franzan to get one for Detroit. Other than that, the Pens are working them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    2-1 Pens at the end of the 2nd. Heck of an individual effort by
    Franzan to get one for Detroit. Other than that, the Pens are working them.
    That wasn't Franzen.That was the idiot Whitney letting him skate in untouched.

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

We are DEFINITELY back in this!!!!!GO PENS!!!!!