Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I have a dream

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: I have a dream

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Man, it seems like my posts thus far have sparked a bit of venom and please, mods pm me if there is something I don't know, but why do any of you care about how long the trib's board lives? I guess I don't see the point in competing message boards, that's why I thought it was so funny when Crash's loyal minions started a war with Triblive. I agree wholeheartedly with a couple of the things that were said in this thread and i quit reading the Trib's board regularily because all of the negativity and the posters who think you are a moron because your opinion doesn't match their exactly. Every message board has it's problems, and this one is off to a very good, if not great start, but why does one have to die for the other to flourish?
    I'm not sure how you got that impression. I don't even think that is what stlrzD was saying and it's certainly not what I'm saying. Personally, I could care less if the Trib lives or dies at this particular point. Apathy is certainly not hatred. The Trib is what it is and it served a purpose. It was a place where I could discuss the Steelers with civilized posters (at least most of them). What it lacked...eventually made some membership look elsewhere. I will indeed try to recruit the best and the brightest that stumble their way to the Trib. Why? Well, it's not to see the Trib fall...it's because I want PS to flourish. I really don't think many...if any hate the Trib.
    My "trib will die" comment was more in jest than anything...however I would like to see this place flourish as I no longer read the trib board. I've made a few trips over there to send PMs to people I think would like it here, but other than that I'm not interested in that board. If the mods would keep things somewhat civilized I'd still be there.

About a month or two in I got a PM about posting a pic of a scantily clad woman...I remember thinking at that time that they really keep an eye on things over there...boy was I wrong. The negativity, pessimism, mudslinging and bitching over there are enough to ruin anyone's good time...unless that IS your good time. It's not mine.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    i'll keep posting on both boards.
    i love the knowledge and personalities of most people on this board.
    but...
    i wouldn't have met any of ya'll without the trib and hopefully they get a new generation of posters.

plus i can't bring my post count here.. i hate being a newbie!
    Oh I plan on draining any new and up and coming posters.

(sorry, had to)

Yea, let me re-word that.

I plan on stripping the new members...umm...wait...
    I plan on sucking the Trib dry...wait...umm that was worse...

Ok you get the point.

Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

My "trib will die" comment was more in jest than anything...however I would like to see this place flourish as I no longer read the trib board. I've made a few trips over there to send PMs to people I think would like it here, but other than that I'm not interested in that board. If the mods would keep things somewhat civilized I'd still be there.

About a month or two in I got a PM about posting a pic of a scantily clad woman...I remember thinking at that time that they really keep an eye on things over there...boy was I wrong. The negativity, pessimism, mudslinging and bitching over there are enough to ruin anyone's good time...unless that IS your good time. It's not mine.
    I don't care about the trib one way or another, but I remember when that happened. You literally had just re-posted a pic that I originally put up, and I never got a PM or anything about it. Other than that, I took part in much posting of hot chicks and never had a problem...ever. That's one thing I didn't understand. How do you single one person out for something that at least 15 other people had been doing for at least a year or two all the time?

The moderation over there just never made sense to me.

While I had no problem dealing with the trolls, I can remember a Stains fan posting a new thread with a title that basically called all of Steeler Nation a bunch of jagoffs or something. It stayed up indefinitely I believe. How do you let something like that stay up, yet lock down a thread trying to make the trolls of the board into comic book villians?

The inconsistent nature of the moderation was extremely frustrating and I for one am glad to not have to be subject to it any longer.

And SMG is definitely queerbait.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma

Blah, blah, blah........

And SMG is definitely queerbait.

Oh fo sho!!!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Backup

User Info Menu

I agree that the trib in it's day was the best and is still worth checking into from time to time. Stllernation is an assortment dysfunction and hissy fits which is somewhat surprising considering some of the guys that flocked over there. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is...

ALL HAIL PLANET STEELERS!
    [url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a"]http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a[/url] ... ics/ky.jpg

BIG FAN

I will probably go over "there" from time to time, but this is going to be home for me as well. Arguably the best of that board is here now anyways. So let the others drag their excitement, and enthusiasm over the negative coals. I'll be happy here.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    I will probably go over "there" from time to time, but this is going to be home for me as well. Arguably the best of that board is here now anyways. So let the others drag their excitement, and enthusiasm over the negative coals. I'll be happy here.
    This, I would certainly agree with. It's off to a good start anyway. I'm curious how many trolls will be here come gametime, and how many will not be satisfied with the smack board.

BIG FAN

This, I would certainly agree with. It's off to a good start anyway. I'm curious how many trolls will be here come gametime, and how many will not be satisfied with the smack board.
    That's a good question indeed, so far from what I've seen the trolls who have posted have been the delusional garden variety . However, trolls are trolls and it is in their intrinsic nature to pop up and annoy anywhere, anytime.
    Most trolls for other teams in our division soon leave after beat the crap out of them anyways.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=BIG FAN]
    Quote Originally Posted by "BIG FAN":q0xbqieo
    That's a good question indeed, so far from what I've seen the trolls who have posted have been the delusional garden variety . However, trolls are trolls and it is in their intrinsic nature to pop up and annoy anywhere, anytime.
    Most trolls for other teams in our division soon leave after beat the crap out of them anyways. [/quote:q0xbqieo]

I think the In-House Trolls were the problem over there. And those type of Trolls never go away.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=asiansteel]
    Quote Originally Posted by "BIG FAN":26pn4ojq
    Most trolls for other teams in our division soon leave after beat the crap out of them anyways.

I think the In-House Trolls were the problem over there. And those type of Trolls never go away. [/quote:26pn4ojq]

I agree. That was my biggest problem over there. The HHH's of the world. I at least respected Crash's knowlege, but he was a jerk most of the time. I'm still going to frequent, but I really hope we keep them away over here.