Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a dream

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: I have a dream

I go to the Trib to recruit and to make the occasional comment on something I read. I don't hate the Trib...it is what it is. It's a slow board with ignorant trolls and uninterested mods. But, we had built a very solid knowledge base over there. Most of that knowledge base is now here. As we have more to talk about...we will have more to disagree about. This time of the year is slow for every football board but this one has been fairly active. I have been surprised. This is my new home. If I have something "inciteful" to say...I will do it here.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't have an issue with the Trib.... I just found the place boring and ridiculously negative. I barely saw signs of anybody who was a fan. It seemed more like a bunch of clucking hens pecking at each other. It became more about personality than it was about football content. You had too many people getting on their soapbox and shouting to whoever wanted to hear. If you weren't whining about how poorly our team was doing you were labeled as a Rooney supplicant and a brainless lemming. I don't need to go on a message board to be insulted. (That's why I got married... )

This is home and if individuals want to come in add to our collective, then great. As the season progresses we'll have our discussions and debates.... but judging from the current roster of members... at least most will come into a thread with an open mind.

Backup

User Info Menu

This is my Steelers board, I have went back (when I could get on) but the board just spews negativity. But Shawn is exactly right, it is what it is.

I still do go back and post on other boards besides the Steelers, though. But I really do prefer this board so much better for Steeler Nation talk. Essentially the majority of my favorite posters are here, as well.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, attended The University of Pittsburgh and still have a lot of family and many very old friends that still reside in Pittsburgh and surrounding suburbs. So, to get news and information about what is going on back "home" I have the Trib as my homepage and will keep it as such.

This board will (has) become my Steelers information board even though at times it is very slow (activity, not technologically). Hopefully, by the time spring training rolls around and there is around clock Steeler and NFL news this board will be jumping.

So far the membership here is very good, but you always have to have an infusion of new posters and sources of information or the place becomes stagnant. I plan on hanging out here and having a good time. We'll see what happens and I still drop by the SteelersLive to read and see if anything worth commenting on has been offered.

The Trib while not spending a whole lot on the technology or the moderation of the board still has copious amounts of money and has a much easier time of attracting new blood to its forums, usually, by accident.

So, this is my Steelers "News" home and the Trib is my place to go and news about the old stomping grounds.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

SteelForce

Well, I had been a consistent poster at the Trib site for ages, but abandoned it except mostly to read for about a year. So,the invitations to come and spread my ignorance, arrogance, and sarcasm here was a Godsend.

Legend

User Info Menu

We're going to get members by "accident" too...I've seen google bot and yahoo bot on this board quite a bit!

This place is going to start turning up in searches for "steelers, steelers message board, steelers forum, etc" even more as we continue to post here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    We're going to get members by "accident" too...I've seen google bot and yahoo bot on this board quite a bit!

This place is going to start turning up in searches for "steelers, steelers message board, steelers forum, etc" even more as we continue to post here.
    I was wondering what those [bots] were for.... Thanx.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman finds that the quality of the posters makes the quality of the board. If most of you guys were still on Trib, Chadman would be too.

But because you are not, this is 'the place to be'.

To be honest, Chadman has hopes that a few more posters come on board. Is glloyd95 here? He should be!

Trib contributed many years of enjoyment to Chadman, so he finds no need to bag it. The other 'split' cracked the old board apart, removing some posters that Chadman had enjoyed reading. Chadman tried the other board but couldn't 'get into it'. This one is far more promising!

Has anyone told Chavezz about this place?

Anyway, that's Chadman's 'thought for the day'....

In the meantime- boobies!

The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Heck, last night I think me and fordfixer were the only ones on here for two hours straight a little past midnight...
    NKy thanks for letting everyone know I have no life.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Heck, last night I think me and fordfixer were the only ones on here for two hours straight a little past midnight...
    NKy thanks for letting everyone know I have no life.
    .....Join the crowd....The view is great down here.........................

Hey Chadman, I'm not sure about all the names, but you can look at the memberlist on the upper toolbar to find out who is and who isn't.... If not, fire-off a PM to them....