Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a dream

Legend

User Info Menu

I have a dream

that one day everyone posting here will completely kick to the curb the trib board.

I know there's some good stuff over there that y'all aren't sharing over here since to you it would be redundant. For those of us who have already ditched that mess we miss out.

Do the right thing...make this board a better place and abandon that sinking ship ASAP!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: I have a dream

stlrz, yes I do visit the TL board for a few reasons... And I understand your distain for TL, as we have privately discussed.

First and foremost, I want Steeler football banter. This place is still getting it's feet under it, and is slow "banter-wise" at times... With the traveling I do, my body clock is messed up alot so sometimes I'm posting in the middle of the night, mornings, or afternoons... And it is slow at night here. Heck, last night I think me and fordfixer were the only ones on here for two hours straight a little past midnight...

Second reason is that there are some posters that I genuinely enjoy reading, and want to offer this place as a suggestion. Let me ask you this: How did you find out about this place? --from other TL members. Yes, quite a few of us have sent out these messages to folks. Personally, the fanbase is so big that I can't think of everyone I would like to see over here. Last week I forgot about someone, and was taken to task... Would you have wanted to be left out just due to a simple oversight? So I browse over there for names I might have forgotten. I don't look at it as "recruiting" but as a simple suggestion if they haven't thought of it... Some haven't checked it out, but by the looks of the memberlist, some have joined recently. Quite frankly, we need to grow the fanbase here... My personal desire is to have this place jumping fast by the time camp starts... Many posters post during the day from work, or some do it in the evenings. There are guys from the west coast that post more late-evening... We need to have this place going 24/7.

I do plan on making this place my permanent home, and am here probably 90% of the time. But we need more football banter... That was one of the replies I got back last night... (that is why I went on a posting binge last night) Yes, it's the slow season right now, but the more minds that come together to discuss football once the season starts, the better...

Right now I simply am looking for banter...

Legend

User Info Menu

If the banter continues on the other site there's no reason for it to migrate over here.

Starter

User Info Menu

Well,I've about all but given up on the Trib.In fact,I've replaced the Trib as my home page with this one.I only post at the Trib when I absolutely have to(such as in the PW thread.)

Death to the Trib.Long live PlanetSteelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good man Les...as soon as the quality posters limit their activity to this site the trib will die!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Good man Les...as soon as the quality posters limit their activity to this site the trib will die!

Quality????Oh,s**t.Maybe I should go back to the Trib.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Les 74]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1jz2breg

Quality????Oh,s**t.Maybe I should go back to the Trib. [/quote:1jz2breg]

I think the parameters were expanded to include you. :P

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d][quote="Les 74":29h34g8e]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":29h34g8e

Quality????Oh,s**t.Maybe I should go back to the Trib. [/quote:29h34g8e]

I think the parameters were expanded to include you. :P[/quote:29h34g8e]

Those must be some big parameters!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Les 74][quote="stlrz d":2wizb17q][quote="Les 74":2wizb17q]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":2wizb17q

Quality????Oh,s**t.Maybe I should go back to the Trib. [/quote:2wizb17q]

I think the parameters were expanded to include you. :P[/quote:2wizb17q]

Those must be some big parameters!!! [/quote:2wizb17q]

Biggest in 4 counties!

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d][quote="Les 74":24zao9ys][quote="stlrz d":24zao9ys][quote="Les 74":24zao9ys]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":24zao9ys

Quality????Oh,s**t.Maybe I should go back to the Trib. [/quote:24zao9ys]

I think the parameters were expanded to include you. :P[/quote:24zao9ys]

Those must be some big parameters!!! [/quote:24zao9ys]

Biggest in 4 counties! [/quote:24zao9ys]

Um,thank you...........I think!!!