Thread: ROME is Burning

Backup

User Info Menu

ROME is Burning

Today on ROME is burning he was burning on the topic of the *pats cheating with the IR.
    He basicly blasted Goodell for not further penalizing the *pats and said this is a huge advantage even bigger than video scandal.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: ROME is Burning

I saw that too. Rome was of the opinion that if he shoveled this under the rug and destroyed evidence, what else did he find. He noted that this tarnished Belichump's legacy and the team's validity of being dynastic in this 2000 decade. I agree. I guess integrity is not being represented in the league anymore.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I haven't said too much on the Pats* fiasco, but I think we can state a few facts for the record:
    1) The Pats* were caught pretty much red handed.
    2) The league seems really evasive and complicit with their investigation.
    2a) As an adjunct, is the league pu$$y footing around this investigation to protect its best team from this decade or are they holding back because they may suspect even more teams of wrongdoing
    2b) If 2a is happening, then both approaches to handling the situation are dead wrong.
    3) It puts into suspicion any of the championships the Pats* have won.
    4) This situation puts egg on the face of the NFL because they have failed to take swift and decisive action against a team who was in obvious violation of league rules.
    4a) By doing that, the league is pretty much telling the rest of the teams in the league that they can do the same thing...but that they just need to keep from being caught red-handed like the Pats*.

The NFL simply looks bad in this case, even worse than the Pats*. I have no ax to grind against the Pats*, but they did do something wrong and the league, at this point, appears to be covering up their wrongdoing because they have had a lot of "success" in the last decade.

Overall, the Pats* should pay a much greater price than a $500K fine and a lost 1st Rounder...but I am not holding my breath that this will ever happen. I believe that the league thinks the Pats* have paid their penance.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

It's not often I find myself agreeing with Rome.