Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL to crackdown on football hooligans

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: NFL to crackdown on football hooligans

if they want to clean up the league all they have to do is ban the entire roster of the bengals...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    if they want to clean up the league all they have to do is ban the entire roster of the bengals...
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    If you want to end the violence inside the stadiums or in the parking lot, it is very simple. Each team needs to threaten to revoke the seat license for the offending patron. If the offending person is not a season ticket holder, then whomever owns the license for that particular ticket will be revoked. If the ticket was purchased on ticketmaster, then the purchaser of the tickets can not purchase anymore in the future.

If I can't make a game, I always ensure that whomever uses my tickets will conduct themselves with humility. My theory is that it took me way too long to finally get my seats, I don't want some drunken idiot to ruin my livelihood.
    I think some organizations have taken the approach to ban unwanted fans. It is getting to the point where people cannot take their children to the games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well if i wish they would revoke the season ticket holders tickets if they got in trouble. maybe for a season on first offense then progressively tougher per incident.
    people who have a single ticket should be banned for one year. so on and so forth.
    hell other people want to go to the games and if you can't be responsible for your actions let someone else go. i'm sure they could still sell those tickets and the team would be making double for that seat.
    so the team gets two things:
    1) better conduct
    2) double ticket sales for those who can't act right.
    should be incentive enough.

BIG FAN

Every team has these kinds of fans, you know the ones I'm talking about.
    The one's that are probably decent people throughout the week and then comes gametime. To show their passion for the team they turn into monsters, some violent most vulgar, and all the while rationalizing the behavior is because they love the team, the game ect. and THEY are sitting in the stands.
    That number of these people IMHO pales in comparison to all the ones who cant go to games and are at HOME.
    The NFL should do it's best to police itself. Granted.
    We as fans have to do this too.
    It is a sorry shame in this man's humble opinion it has come to this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good thing Goodell can't fine the Steelers for my violent behavior directed at walls and remote controls during games that I watch at home. They'd be bankrupt. Although I've calmed down a bit since my kids were born; the first time I made one of them cry yelling at the refs, I knew I had to relax a bit. But my son will still watch the game with me and randomly say, "CMON REF. HOLDING!!"
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Good thing Goodell can't fine the Steelers for my violent behavior directed at walls and remote controls during games that I watch at home. They'd be bankrupt. Although I've calmed down a bit since my kids were born; the first time I made one of them cry yelling at the refs, I knew I had to relax a bit. But my son will still watch the game with me and randomly say, "CMON REF. HOLDING!!"
    Well spoken my friend.
    You have kids, ergo your passion has priority.
    Your kids probably wont be in that small minority of "Hooligans".
    I didn't mean to go off into a tangent, but before I posted on this thread I read and saw the thread on all the little future Steelers fans.
    Thank you for your candor.