Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Unfair Treatment by Pittsburgh Fans

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Most Unfair Treatment by Pittsburgh Fans

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    He%^, Da(), Sh1& . . . Bubby had a cult following. He didn't get it nearly as bad as Kordell. I too found myself pulling for Stewart, he was infectious. I also grew very frustrated with him, but he provided an option for this team in that the opposing team had to spend a lot of their practice time gameplanning for him alone. In hindsight, i wish he had stuck with the Slash role, but the team wanted to make him its quarterback just as much as he wanted to be behind center, so I wouldn't go blaming him for that transition.
    Oh, I'm not implying that he got as much, just some.... During the "Brister era" I was living out in Arizona, so much of my perception was from the tv, though...

Starter

User Info Menu

i'm a big kordell fan...he was definitely treated unfair because people didn't realize that in the right system (2001) with the right play calling, kordell could win a lot of games....he had to overcome a lot (ST's and OC) but i knew he was a talented QB...he should not be looked at as a terrible QB in pittsburgh, he brought a lot of excitement and victories to three rivers...
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    The only former Steeler I loathe is Neil O'Donnell. And we all know why.

What are you saying he bet against the Steelers in the Super Bowl?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    What are you saying he bet against the Steelers in the Super Bowl?
    Well, maybe we can add that to the list....

...May I revive the conspiracy theory that he "threw" the game?.... He knew that his days were numbered in Pgh, and was hoping to become a Cowboy... He threw those INTs on purpose, and the game... Flew home on a private jet owned by Jerry Jones (had it chartered the week prior) instead of with the team, and waited... Jones went on to bring in Testeverde, and Neil went to the Jets, where he got his just reward....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    O'Donnell - I still can't watch or barely can talk about that Super Bowl. He was a good qb, but I'll never fathom how such an agregious mistake can happen two time in such a large scale game. You can't have that happen, so I would nominate him as "the most ill-fated" Steeler. For god sakes, he let the trophy slip "out" of his hands...twice.

I understand the valid points that Fla. brings to the table. Routes were ran wrong on both the plays in question... but I hate no other former Steeler than Neil O'Donnell. He was C+ at best in my book... to tell you the truth, I don't know how people can down Ben.... since Bradshaw there's been no one worthy of getting the moniker of "franchise qb".... We had Terry and now Ben. All the one's we've filled the position with were a bunch of schleps. It was poetic justice that O'Donnell's career went south immediately, when he jumped ship.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    O'Donnell - I still can't watch or barely can talk about that Super Bowl. He was a good qb, but I'll never fathom how such an agregious mistake can happen two time in such a large scale game. You can't have that happen, so I would nominate him as "the most ill-fated" Steeler. For god sakes, he let the trophy slip "out" of his hands...twice.

I understand the valid points that Fla. brings to the table. Routes were ran wrong on both the plays in question... but I hate no other former Steeler than Neil O'Donnell. He was C+ at best in my book... to tell you the truth, I don't know how people can down Ben.... since Bradshaw there's been no one worthy of getting the moniker of "franchise qb".... We had Terry and now Ben. All the one's we've filled the position with were a bunch of schleps. It was poetic justice that O'Donnell's career went south immediately, when he jumped ship.
    Im with you AS. There isn't another Pittsburgh guy, other then Barry Bonds, that I hate as much as Neil O'Donnell. We made O'Donnell the same way the Dolphins made Scott Mitchell. It was nice to see these two bums fall flat on their rich faces shortly after turning their backs on the teams that made them "semi-stars" in the first place.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Im with you AS. There isn't another Pittsburgh guy, other then Barry Bonds, that I hate as much as Neil O'Donnell. We made O'Donnell the same way the Dolphins made Scott Mitchell. It was nice to see these two bums fall flat on their rich faces shortly after turning their backs on the teams that made them "semi-stars" in the first place.

Right on, brother. If I'm not mistaken he had one short season as a Jets starter and then due to injury never got his starting job back and was quickly shown the door. I remember the press conference he had when getting signed by the Jets. "I've accomplished everything in my career except win a championship, and I think I bring a lot to the table."
    What piece of crap.

LasVegasGuy

Right on, brother. If I'm not mistaken he had one short season as a Jets starter and then due to injury never got his starting job back and was quickly shown the door. I remember the press conference he had when getting signed by the Jets. "I've accomplished everything in my career except win a championship, and I think I bring a lot to the table."
    What piece of crap.
    Didn't the bum slip on the logo in the endzone running out to the field and he ruptured his achilles or tore knee ligaments? It was something bizarre like that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What piece of crap.
    Didn't the bum slip on the logo in the endzone running out to the field and he ruptured his achilles or tore knee ligaments? It was something bizarre like that.

Poetic justice, my friend.

LasVegasGuy

Poetic justice, my friend.
    Poetic justice would have been served had he done it in Pittsburgh.