Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Most Unfair Treatment by Pittsburgh Fans

Re: Most Unfair Treatment by Pittsburgh Fans

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    what rumors are there about neil odonnell? i dont hate him at all for leaving pittsburgh. i was very happy when he went else where. i just hate him because he choked and cost the steelers the sb.
    thing is... he didnt... he threw the ball where the wr was SUPPOSED to be. the inexperienced WR is the one you should hate.

that's the reason that i think it's neil and it isn't even close. he's being hated (or disliked) for something that isn't even his fault. Like I said, i would have left, too. the hatred for Neil is like hating Ben because Bettis fumbled in Indy.
    holliday wasnt the cause of both int's though. its hard for me to blame a rookie wr that hardly ever played. you could also blame coaching for that int, but neil threw the ball therefore he has to take some or a little of the blame for that int. the other one was all on neil. i dont blame him for leaving he got paid so much more money than he was worth.
    the bettis fumble is completely different. it was a good hand off and it was all bettis's fault. ben made a incredible tackle, i wouldnt of blamed ben at all had they lost. the big difference besides the obvious between neil and ben is ben mans up and takes all the blame when it is his fault
    you throw a pass, hit the WR in the chest, bounces off and is INT... you threw it... your fault?

what i'm telling you is NOD put the ball where it was supposed to go... the WR wasn't there. how can you fault NOD for throwing the pass he was supposed to throw?
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer

you throw a pass, hit the WR in the chest, bounces off and is INT... you threw it... your fault?

what i'm telling you is NOD put the ball where it was supposed to go... the WR wasn't there. how can you fault NOD for throwing the pass he was supposed to throw?
    Christ SoD, the route was blown BEFORE O'Donnell threw the freakin' ball... Both times, IMO.... At that point, DON'T THROW THE FREAKIN' BALL THAT DIRECTION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler

Christ SoD, the route was blown BEFORE O'Donnell threw the freakin' ball... Both times, IMO.... At that point, DON'T THROW THE FREAKIN' BALL THAT DIRECTION!!!

Completely agree. The route was blown and NOD threw it anyway. I guess I can't be an impartial juror on this one. NOD is my most hated Steeler of ALL TIME. I got in a fight with a Cowboy fan a minute after that pass was thrown and was subsequently shown the door by a bouncer at the watering hole I was at. That's when I was ANGRYASIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

Completely agree. The route was blown and NOD threw it anyway. I guess I can't be an impartial juror on this one. NOD is my most hated Steeler of ALL TIME. I got in a fight with a Cowboy fan a minute after that pass was thrown and was subsequently shown the door by a bouncer at the watering hole I was at. That's when I was ANGRYASIAN.
    You may all partially be right.

I've heard that it was Hastings failing to adjust to the hot route and I've heard where at least on the second pick it was O'Donnell who read the coverage wrong and failed to make the right read. Regardless of what happened or who is to blame it is what it is and mistakes happen. It's hard for me to hate someone based on a mistake (even one that costly), especially if I'm not sure of who exactly is to blame. That's one thing, but nearly all the acrimony I've got for the guy stems from what happened after the Super Bowl. The first I ever heard of him flying back on the Cowboys' Jet was either here or the Trib board a few weeks back, but I've always been upset at how that son-of-a-bitch walked away from unfinished business.

I realize that many of you are probably jaded to the point where you can see $25M (or whatever the deal was for with the Jets) reasons for him to walk, but I see it only as a complete lack of character. How can a man not be determined and driven to win a championship with his teammates and coaches after coming so close for two straight seasons (especially if shoulders any of the burden)? He would have made plenty of money as our starting quarterback, no matter how far short of the NY offer it was, and had a chance for redemption...you don't get those opportunities too often in life, especially in a career as brief as that of a pro footbal player. All the pieces were there man...solid running game, top-flight receiving corps, ferocious defense, and a young; fiery head coach; and the guy just walked away.

Unless there was some type of feud going on behind the scenes that I'm not privy to, O'Donnell displayed a distinct lack of heart and he deservedly paid the kharmic price by spirling into a career back-up role. Justice was served even further when he got one more chance to return to the big game and his team came up one yard short.

I don't actively hate Neil O'Donnell, but he can suck my balls.

[img]http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/albums/userpics/normal_Cartman-751261.jpg[img]

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

I've heard that it was Hastings failing to adjust to the hot route and I've heard where at least on the second pick it was O'Donnell who read the coverage wrong and failed to make the right read. Regardless of what happened or who is to blame it is what it is and mistakes happen. It's hard for me to hate someone based on a mistake (even one that costly), especially if I'm not sure of who exactly is to blame. That's one thing, but nearly all the acrimony I've got for the guy stems from what happened after the Super Bowl. The first I ever heard of him flying back on the Cowboys' Jet was either here or the Trib board a few weeks back, but I've always been upset at how that son-of-a-bitch walked away from unfinished business.

I realize that many of you are probably jaded to the point where you can see $25M (or whatever the deal was for with the Jets) reasons for him to walk, but I see it only as a complete lack of character. How can a man not be determined and driven to win a championship with his teammates and coaches after coming so close for two straight seasons (especially if shoulders any of the burden)? He would have made plenty of money as our starting quarterback, no matter how far short of the NY offer it was, and had a chance for redemption...you don't get those opportunities too often in life, especially in a career as brief as that of a pro footbal player. All the pieces were there man...solid running game, top-flight receiving corps, ferocious defense, and a young; fiery head coach; and the guy just walked away.

Unless there was some type of feud going on behind the scenes that I'm not privy to, O'Donnell displayed a distinct lack of heart and he deservedly paid the kharmic price by spirling into a career back-up role. Justice was served even further when he got one more chance to return to the big game and his team came up one yard short.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

I've heard that it was Hastings failing to adjust to the hot route and I've heard where at least on the second pick it was O'Donnell who read the coverage wrong and failed to make the right read. Regardless of what happened or who is to blame it is what it is and mistakes happen. It's hard for me to hate someone based on a mistake (even one that costly), especially if I'm not sure of whom exactly is to blame. That's one thing, but nearly all the acrimony I've got for the guy stems from what happened after the Super Bowl. The first I ever heard of him flying back on the Cowboys' Jet was either here or the Trib board a few weeks back, so that's never been factored in, but I've always been upset at how that son-of-a-bitch walked away from unfinished business.

I realize that many of you are probably jaded to the point where you can see $25M (or whatever the deal was for with the Jets) reasons for him to walk, but I see it only as a complete lack of character. How can a man not be determined and driven to win a championship with his teammates and coaches after coming so close for two straight seasons (especially if shoulders any of the burden)? He would have made plenty of money as our starting quarterback, no matter how far short of the NY offer it was, and had a chance for redemption...you don't get those opportunities too often in life, especially in a career as brief as that of a pro football player. All the pieces were there man...solid running game, top-flight receiving corps, ferocious defense, and a young; fiery head coach; and the guy just walked away.

Unless there was some type of feud going on behind the scenes that I'm not privy to, O'Donnell displayed a distinct lack of heart and he deservedly paid the kharmic price by spiraling into a career back-up role. Justice was served even further when he got one more chance to return to the big game and his team came up one yard short.

I guess you really want Neil to suck your balls since you posted it three times.

I guess I look at it this way. Kordell had more time and coddling in Pittsburgh then he would've ever had anywhere else - and the fans are brutal on QB's as we all know.

So it's all relative IMO.

TB = 4 SB's, still got booed, called a dumb redneck, hillbilly, hick etc.

KS = 0 SB's, still got booed, called a fag, peter puffer, cornholer, fudgepacker etc.

I wonder if there's a youtube of the play where NOD threw the 2nd INT?

I guess I could go look for it then?

I guess you really want Neil to suck your balls since you posted it three times.
    Yikes! I kept trying to load that picture and instead of hitting edit, I used my back button. I guess I won't be doing that any more.