Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Unfair Treatment by Pittsburgh Fans

SteelForce

Re: Most Unfair Treatment by Pittsburgh Fans

I've harbored ill will towards O'Donnell and Stewart for years..........and I'm only ready to release one. And it ain't Kneel O'Dummel.

Kordell got so much of my wrath because he had so much of my hopes. But the deck was stacked against him in the Burgh, and it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could have become a hell of an NFL QB had he been given some stability around him in terms of coaching.

Kordell.............I forgive you. I hope you can forgive me.

O'Donnell............don't ever come to my neck of the woods. EVER.

Pro Bowler

I hold not ill will towards any current or former Steelers players. I guess it is not right to hold ill will because without those players, this team might not have had the success it had. It was unfortunate that Cowher seemed to have QBs that gave the ball to the other team in some of the biggest games. I always wonder why this was the case. Was it poor game planning, a curse on Cowher's teams, or plain bad luck? Neil, a QB that had the lowest INT to TD ratio(I believe this is an accurate stat), made two of biggest mistake of his career in the SB. Kordell was a turnover machine in the playoffs. Ben had his share of INTs in 04 and in the SB under Cowher. I will chalk most of it up to the curse and bad luck. I never understood why fans have to throw things, spill beer, or demean players. Especially players that brought success to the team. Players of a team they claim to luv and cheer for every week.

I have no ill feelings towards any former Steeler or current Steeler and that includes Kordell and NOD. It's not like these guys tried to lose the games (at least it hasn't been proven and until it is proven that the games were fixed, I'll assume they played hard and wanted to win.)

Fans get frustrated because these guys get paid to play a game and they are paid extremely well. When they don't succeed the fans look at their salary and just get angry.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Hall of Famer

i've always felt kinda bad about kordell. he did get a raw deal imo. of course it could have been worse..
    for instance
    remember when we played in cleveland adn the treatment that mike tomczak got?
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

BIG FAN

Life is way too short to hold grudges forever, but that Superbowl loss still has some sting to it for me.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

The only player that played for one of my favorite teams that I truly loathed with my entire being was former Penguin Billy Tibbetts. Since I have season tickets to the W-B/S Pens up here in NEPA, and he spent most of his time in the AHL, I got to see this piece of human excrement on the ice on a regular basis back in the day, disgusted by the sight of 15 year old girls who were wearing authentic jerseys with the name of a registered sex offender on the back. I am as big a Penguin fan as anyone, but whenever this piece of garbage scored, I would just sit there with a stupid scowl on my face and shook my head while those around me in the arena clapped along to the music. I still hate that guy.

Pro Bowler

Most unfair treatment – I personally don’t think you can compare what happened to any athlete in Pittsburgh to the absolute disgusting treatment heaped upon Kordell. It’s one think to boo or hate a player who left for more money (Jagr – who has even said that it was somewhat of a misunderstanding and he loved Pgh and the fans, or O’Donnell who grabbed a check and ran) but it’s an entirely different thing to go after a man personally the way it happened to Stewart.

It was an embarrassment to the city of Pittsburgh and to Steelers fans they way he was treated. The sexual rumors and supposedly getting caught in Schenley Park with his pants down with another guy. Ridiculous. People were relentless and vindictive and it had NOTHING to do with football. It got so bad he felt compelled to deny it and ‘clear’ his name on national TV when he should have been worrying about football. It combined racist and homophobic qualities together. Ugly, ugly stuff. I hope we never see a Pittsburgh athlete treated like that for any reason, much less b/c he over threw receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Most unfair treatment – I personally don’t think you can compare what happened to any athlete in Pittsburgh to the absolute disgusting treatment heaped upon Kordell. It’s one think to boo or hate a player who left for more money (Jagr – who has even said that it was somewhat of a misunderstanding and he loved Pgh and the fans, or O’Donnell who grabbed a check and ran) but it’s an entirely different thing to go after a man personally the way it happened to Stewart.

It was an embarrassment to the city of Pittsburgh and to Steelers fans they way he was treated. The sexual rumors and supposedly getting caught in Schenley Park with his pants down with another guy. Ridiculous. People were relentless and vindictive and it had NOTHING to do with football. It got so bad he felt compelled to deny it and ‘clear’ his name on national TV when he should have been worrying about football. It combined racist and homophobic qualities together. Ugly, ugly stuff. I hope we never see a Pittsburgh athlete treated like that for any reason, much less b/c he over threw receivers.
    Well said Ghost.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Legend

Dave Parker went from hero to hated about as fast as anyone.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend

Kordell was up and down but he had a new OC every year he was here. Plus we all knew what he was and wasn't capable of. So to act like Kordell was some bum is just crazy. It's like putting Bettis in the slot and expecting it to work because there was success at times.
    Kordell was a decent QB who was asked to do more then he could. I watched him bring us back from games that would have been over with any other QB.

Now....

Neil O'Donell was a QB. Period. For him to throw 2 INT's and not fly back with the team was the obvious turn coat. All we asked Neil to do was play QB and he nutted at the worst time ever... twice, to the same guy. inexcusable.