Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Most Unfair Treatment by Pittsburgh Fans

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Most Unfair Treatment by Pittsburgh Fans

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    what rumors are there about neil odonnell? i dont hate him at all for leaving pittsburgh. i was very happy when he went else where. i just hate him because he choked and cost the steelers the sb.
    thing is... he didnt... he threw the ball where the wr was SUPPOSED to be. the inexperienced WR is the one you should hate.

that's the reason that i think it's neil and it isn't even close. he's being hated (or disliked) for something that isn't even his fault. Like I said, i would have left, too. the hatred for Neil is like hating Ben because Bettis fumbled in Indy.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    what rumors are there about neil odonnell? i dont hate him at all for leaving pittsburgh. i was very happy when he went else where. i just hate him because he choked and cost the steelers the sb.
    thing is... he didnt... he threw the ball where the wr was SUPPOSED to be. the inexperienced WR is the one you should hate.

that's the reason that i think it's neil and it isn't even close. he's being hated (or disliked) for something that isn't even his fault. Like I said, i would have left, too. the hatred for Neil is like hating Ben because Bettis fumbled in Indy.
    holliday wasnt the cause of both int's though. its hard for me to blame a rookie wr that hardly ever played. you could also blame coaching for that int, but neil threw the ball therefore he has to take some or a little of the blame for that int. the other one was all on neil. i dont blame him for leaving he got paid so much more money than he was worth.
    the bettis fumble is completely different. it was a good hand off and it was all bettis's fault. ben made a incredible tackle, i wouldnt of blamed ben at all had they lost. the big difference besides the obvious between neil and ben is ben mans up and takes all the blame when it is his fault

Legend

User Info Menu

I've heard rumors that the WRs cut the wrong way on BOTH the pics, but who the heck knows these things for sure? All I know is that in a game of that magnitude to call a play with such downside doesn't seem like a smart coaching decision, especially with a rookie involved in its execution. And it's a tough call to blame the QB in those circumstances.

A few posts up it was suggested that O'Donnell threw the game on purpo$e. If that ever got backed up (and I guess it won't if it hasn't by now) there would be a real reason to be furious.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steely76
    Wow, while I never really agreed with all the stupid crap people threw KS way in the form of idiotic rumors I can't believe all the excuse making that has resurfaced here for the guy.
    Let's blame it on coaching changes, treatment by the fans, treatment by the coaches, the playbook, etc, etc. Howabout this one, KS was a wonderful athlete just not a very good NFL QB? You can blame coaching changes all you want but throwing errant pass after errant pass to the point you're only trusted to throw little sideline curls is something that isn't the fault of coaching and especially after 7 years. Funny how after he left here he failed with 2 other teams as well.

I also don't understand all the hate heaped on O'Donnell. I think the rumors are ridiculous and to hate a guy because he threw 2 picks in the SB and also took an offer he would've never gotten here is just stupid. If anyone of you had been in his shoes offered that kind of moolah
    you'd have done the same thing.

The only athlete I can truly say I hate that played here was Bonds. I just think he is an arrogant jerk and a despicable excuse for a human being. I still consider Hammerin' Hank the true all time HR champ.
    I don't know if you ever played any organized sports, but once an athlete looses his confidence its usually game over. I firmly believe this is what happened to Kordell Stewart. Additionally, I don't believe anyone was making excuses for him. Speaking for
    myself I was stating the facts that helped lead to his loss of confidence. I also mentioned that Terry Bradshaw had a roller coaster ride with confidence too. Fortunately for the Steelers and the Steeler Nation Bradshaw regained his confidence.

Neil O'Donnell will be the goat of SB 30 whether it was or was'nt his fault. As far as him leaving for the Jets for more $$$. It was a business decision. I don't hate him, but I dislike him. A chance to redeem himself in another SB was lost by his decision to take the $$$. BTW he failed with two other teams also.

Barry Bonds is one of the most arrogant, inconsiderate, but gifted atheletes to ever put on a professional uniform. Maybe his personality would have been more appreciated in Boston.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Steely76

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHoss
    Wow, while I never really agreed with all the stupid crap people threw KS way in the form of idiotic rumors I can't believe all the excuse making that has resurfaced here for the guy.
    Let's blame it on coaching changes, treatment by the fans, treatment by the coaches, the playbook, etc, etc. Howabout this one, KS was a wonderful athlete just not a very good NFL QB? You can blame coaching changes all you want but throwing errant pass after errant pass to the point you're only trusted to throw little sideline curls is something that isn't the fault of coaching and especially after 7 years. Funny how after he left here he failed with 2 other teams as well.

I also don't understand all the hate heaped on O'Donnell. I think the rumors are ridiculous and to hate a guy because he threw 2 picks in the SB and also took an offer he would've never gotten here is just stupid. If anyone of you had been in his shoes offered that kind of moolah

The only athlete I can truly say I hate that played here was Bonds. I just think he is an arrogant jerk and a despicable excuse for a human being. I still consider Hammerin' Hank the true all time HR champ.
    I don't know if you ever played any organized sports, but once an athlete looses his confidence its usually game over. I firmly believe this is what happened to Kordell Stewart. Additionally, I don't believe anyone was making excuses for him. Speaking for
    myself I was stating the facts that helped lead to his loss of confidence. I also mentioned that Terry Bradshaw had a roller coaster ride with confidence too. Fortunately for the Steelers and the Steeler Nation Bradshaw regained his confidence.

Neil O'Donnell will be the goat of SB 30 whether it was or was'nt his fault. As far as him leaving for the Jets for more $$$. It was a business decision. I don't hate him, but I dislike him. A chance to redeem himself in another SB was lost by his decision to take the $$$. BTW he failed with two other teams also.

Barry Bonds is one of the most arrogant, inconsiderate, but gifted atheletes to ever put on a professional uniform. Maybe his personality would have been more appreciated in Boston.
    Oh I played lots of organized sports in my day and while I agree confidence or lack thereof can play a role I just don't see it applying with Kordell. With him I think it was a complete lack of talent at throwing timely, accurate passes. Also I forgot to mention the other reason I grew to despise Kordell is because he never manned up and took the blame but he had no problem throwing his teammates under the bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHoss

Oh I played lots of organized sports in my day and while I agree confidence or lack thereof can play a role I just don't see it applying with Kordell. With him I think it was a complete lack of talent at throwing timely, accurate passes. Also I forgot to mention the other reason I grew to despise Kordell is because he never manned up and took the blame but he had no problem throwing his teammates under the bus.
    I do agree with the manning up part. He always had an excuse. Ben is like a breath of fresh air in that department. Maybe too much air. Love that guy.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    I've heard rumors that the WRs cut the wrong way on BOTH the pics, but who the heck knows these things for sure? All I know is that in a game of that magnitude to call a play with such downside doesn't seem like a smart coaching decision, especially with a rookie involved in its execution. And it's a tough call to blame the QB in those circumstances.

A few posts up it was suggested that O'Donnell threw the game on purpo$e. If that ever got backed up (and I guess it won't if it hasn't by now) there would be a real reason to be furious.
    From what I understand, it wasn't a matter of receivers cutting the wrogn way on routes, it was a matter of cutting their routes off on blitzes, of which neither did, they kept running their routes. NOD threw the ball where they were supposed to be, and they weren't there. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

And even if my argument on the routes not even being cut off are valid, you have to blame NOD's lack of mobility on that, getting rid of the ball early, and appreciate a guy like Ben, because he would have most likely hung on to the ball a bit longer and not thrown the INTs. True, Ben's holding on to the ball is what most of his critics throw and their biggest argument against Ben, but in this case, it would have helped.

That all being said, I think it is assinine to hate a guy who led this team to an AFC title game that the Steelers lost in the last few minutes, and a super bowl in back to back seasons because of two interceptions.

I also agree with some of the posts about how many in the city I love embarrassed themselves and the city by some of the crap they gave Kordell. KS was one of the best athletes ever to wear a Steelers uniform. True, he wasn't the best QB we ever had, but he brought stuff to the table that no other QB has ever brought to the position. He showed flashes of good stuff, only to leave fans like me shaking my head at some of his decisions. Either way, they vitrol that was shoved his direction by some fans was embarrasing.

Steely76

Korkie brought a lot on himself throwing his O-line under the Bus when he screwed up, blaming coaches, crying like a little girl on the sidelines, playing like crap in big games, 6 years in the league and still looking like a deer in the headlights....

Legend

User Info Menu

Korkie brought a lot on himself throwing his O-line under the Bus when he screwed up, blaming coaches, crying like a little girl on the sidelines, playing like crap in big games, 6 years in the league and still looking like a deer in the headlights....
    No person deserves some of the tx. Kordell got during his time in Pittsburgh. Those fans should be ashamed of themselves.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

unbelievalble!!! This is never a good idea.....