Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Most Unfair Treatment by Pittsburgh Fans

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Most Unfair Treatment by Pittsburgh Fans

thre was never success with Bettis in the slot, I was just trying to make a point about Kordell being a raw talent who wasn't a true QB...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    thre was never success with Bettis in the slot, I was just trying to make a point about Kordell being a raw talent who wasn't a true QB...
    Good point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Most unfair treatment – I personally don’t think you can compare what happened to any athlete in Pittsburgh to the absolute disgusting treatment heaped upon Kordell. It’s one think to boo or hate a player who left for more money (Jagr – who has even said that it was somewhat of a misunderstanding and he loved Pgh and the fans, or O’Donnell who grabbed a check and ran) but it’s an entirely different thing to go after a man personally the way it happened to Stewart.

It was an embarrassment to the city of Pittsburgh and to Steelers fans they way he was treated. The sexual rumors and supposedly getting caught in Schenley Park with his pants down with another guy. Ridiculous. People were relentless and vindictive and it had NOTHING to do with football. It got so bad he felt compelled to deny it and ‘clear’ his name on national TV when he should have been worrying about football. It combined racist and homophobic qualities together. Ugly, ugly stuff. I hope we never see a Pittsburgh athlete treated like that for any reason, much less b/c he over threw receivers.
    I agree.

Backup

User Info Menu

Stewart was grossly mishandled during his QB days with the Steelers. When he got his groove going there were coaching changes and new schemes and offenses to learn.
    Any consistencies or rhythms he could grab onto were short lived. These constant changes led to a loss of confidence. Of course adding much fuel to the fire was the relentless persecution by many Steeler fans. I remember well the Terry Bradshaw, Joe Gilliam, Terry Hanratty, Mike Krucek (sp) days. Bradshaw finally matured and rose to the top. He is lucky to have survived. This city owes Kordell an apology in my opinion.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Most unfair treatment – I personally don’t think you can compare what happened to any athlete in Pittsburgh to the absolute disgusting treatment heaped upon Kordell. It’s one think to boo or hate a player who left for more money (Jagr – who has even said that it was somewhat of a misunderstanding and he loved Pgh and the fans, or O’Donnell who grabbed a check and ran) but it’s an entirely different thing to go after a man personally the way it happened to Stewart.

It was an embarrassment to the city of Pittsburgh and to Steelers fans they way he was treated. The sexual rumors and supposedly getting caught in Schenley Park with his pants down with another guy. Ridiculous. People were relentless and vindictive and it had NOTHING to do with football. It got so bad he felt compelled to deny it and ‘clear’ his name on national TV when he should have been worrying about football. It combined racist and homophobic qualities together. Ugly, ugly stuff. I hope we never see a Pittsburgh athlete treated like that for any reason, much less b/c he over threw receivers.

Logic in excess, my friend. The admirable thing about Stewart was that even now during interviews he shows himself as the consumate professional and holds his character with a lot of class. The guy never bashes the city and always underplays what was done to him. I share your sentiments, Ghost. A sad point in our history.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ghost, Papillon, Flasteel ...

I agree, all those guys let us down, and it hurts, but that's the nature of the game. We didn't have the right to trash them and their families like that. I wasn't living in the 'burgh then, so I can't say I've got the full picture, but I felt very defensive about being a Steeler fan when I read about what people did to Tommy Maddox's yard (and kids at school?). His was an American Hero comeback story IMO, and I remember how incredibly heroic it seemed when he came back and played after that injury. It worked out really badly for us, but he went down as a warrior, I would have thought he would have gotten a car dealership for life in Pittsburgh instead of what went down.

I didn't know that about Neil O'Donnel flying back on the Cowboy's plane after the Superbowl, that is repulsive. I always have heard that he was really stoic and that it was his receivers that cut the wrong way but he wouldn't blame them. But after hearing about the plane thing, man, it makes you wonder.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    The only former Steeler I loathe is Neil O'Donnell. And we all know why.
    Exactly why I think he's gotten the worst treatement and the others don't even come close.

Neil wasn't at fault and people hate him... I've been dumbfounded for years on this one. If I was him, I woulda left, too.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i think im a pretty fair and non judgemental person but i will always hate kordell stewart. what really pushed me over the edge is when he refused to play wr when turnover tommy was at qb. kordell was such a great wr and could of had a very good career, but he chose to be selfish and wanted to be just another bum qb. nd blew a sb so its hard for me not to hold a grudge. i never expected anything out of tommy maddox so he gets a pass.

Steely76

Wow, while I never really agreed with all the stupid crap people threw KS way in the form of idiotic rumors I can't believe all the excuse making that has resurfaced here for the guy.
    Let's blame it on coaching changes, treatment by the fans, treatment by the coaches, the playbook, etc, etc. Howabout this one, KS was a wonderful athlete just not a very good NFL QB? You can blame coaching changes all you want but throwing errant pass after errant pass to the point you're only trusted to throw little sideline curls is something that isn't the fault of coaching and especially after 7 years. Funny how after he left here he failed with 2 other teams as well.

I also don't understand all the hate heaped on O'Donnell. I think the rumors are ridiculous and to hate a guy because he threw 2 picks in the SB and also took an offer he would've never gotten here is just stupid. If anyone of you had been in his shoes offered that kind of moolah
    you'd have done the same thing.

The only athlete I can truly say I hate that played here was Bonds. I just think he is an arrogant jerk and a despicable excuse for a human being. I still consider Hammerin' Hank the true all time HR champ.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steely76
    Wow, while I never really agreed with all the stupid crap people threw KS way in the form of idiotic rumors I can't believe all the excuse making that has resurfaced here for the guy.
    Let's blame it on coaching changes, treatment by the fans, treatment by the coaches, the playbook, etc, etc. Howabout this one, KS was a wonderful athlete just not a very good NFL QB? You can blame coaching changes all you want but throwing errant pass after errant pass to the point you're only trusted to throw little sideline curls is something that isn't the fault of coaching and especially after 7 years. Funny how after he left here he failed with 2 other teams as well.

I also don't understand all the hate heaped on O'Donnell. I think the rumors are ridiculous and to hate a guy because he threw 2 picks in the SB and also took an offer he would've never gotten here is just stupid. If anyone of you had been in his shoes offered that kind of moolah
    you'd have done the same thing.

The only athlete I can truly say I hate that played here was Bonds. I just think he is an arrogant jerk and a despicable excuse for a human being. I still consider Hammerin' Hank the true all time HR champ.
    what rumors are there about neil odonnell? i dont hate him at all for leaving pittsburgh. i was very happy when he went else where. i just hate him because he choked and cost the steelers the sb. i dont even really hate him, i dislike him a lot. bonds i can say i hate more than any athelete ever. i use to go to pittsburgh every summer when i was a kid because my dad is from there. before a pirates game i was out by the players entrance getting autographs. every player was very friendly and extremely nice, except for bonds. he said he was too busy to sign autographs and almost knocked me down trying to walk past all the kids.